Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Looks like we'll be getting a 2-part season finale, the second half of which will be airing on April 1st.

Click for some mild spoilers

Spoiler:
    Hmm, Chewbacca? That's an odd choice, but I'm interested to see how they play it!

TBA -- 3.21 "Padawan Lost"
    Apr 1 -- 3.22 "Wookiee Hunt"
    I was watching 'Ghost of Mortis' on On Demand and they said at the end of the episode that there was a 3-part arc to end the season.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      I was watching 'Ghost of Mortis' on On Demand and they said at the end of the episode that there was a 3-part arc to end the season.
      Hm, could well be. All we know right now is that the finale is an hour on one night. It's entirely possible that the previous episode could be a lead-in.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Final episodes airdates/info has been revealed!

Mar 4 -- 3.19 "Counter Attack"
        Mar 11 -- 3.20 "Citadel Rescue"
        Apr 1 -- 3.21 "Padawan Lost"

So, looks like the Citadel story is to be a trilogy then!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There's now a nice new little feature on the TCW official site on bringing Chewie to the show, complete with talking to Peter Mayhew.

Comment

Final episodes airdates/info has been revealed!

Mar 4 -- 3.19 "Counter Attack"
            Mar 11 -- 3.20 "Citadel Rescue"
            Apr 1 -- 3.21 "Padawan Lost"

So, looks like the Citadel story is to be a trilogy then!
            Thanks for the updated info Digi. A longer second break... hmm.
            sigpic

Comment

Preview clip for "Counterattack" now up at the TCW site:
              http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/

Can't say I found it all that engaging

Comment

Preview clip for "Counterattack" now up at the TCW site:
                http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/

Can't say I found it all that engaging
                Definitely a ho-hum kind of a preview. At least we got a chance to see a little of Christopher Walken Osi Sobeck until tomorrow.
                sigpic

Comment

3.19 Counterattack
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't think I'd call this episode thrilling, but I enjoyed it just the same. I'm looking forward to watching this trilogy of episodes in one go.

Some nice nods and moments here. Obi-Wan's gang looking down on the shuttle and commenting on not knowing whether it was safe was interestingly reminiscent of the heroes in ANH looking down at the Falcon in the landing bay. Nice to see mouse droids too, though to this day I have no idea what their function is

Certainly though one of my favourite bits was when Anakin and Tarkin were discussing the merits (or rather, de-merits) of the Jedi leading the war effort. It was a good vaguely dark note; an interesting relationship establishment between the two of them. And I liked the previous dialogue between them too, discussing how effective an installation like the Citadel is. I thought that was a lovely foreshadow to the Tarkin Doctrine as the dominant Imperial philosophy.

Echo though, holy crap I wasn't expecting him to die

On censorship (minor spoilers for 3.02 and 3.19)
                  Spoiler:
                  Remember the censored scene from Arc Troopers, where Asajj rather brutally murders a clone? I wonder if that'll make it onto the DVD/BD release of the season. From what I understand, the scene was actually made (IIRC it's on Youtube), but Cartoon Network wouldn't air it. I'm hoping it makes the final cut.

Regarding tonight's episode, did anyone else get the distinct feeling that there might've been something cut when that poor clone got (presumably) sliced in half by a closing security door?

Comment

Tonight's Secrets Revealed trivia:
                    Spoiler:
                    • Seen several times throughout the Citadel are mouse droids, the same little boxy droids seen as messengers aboard the Death Star and Star Destroyers in the original trilogy, and on Mustafar in Episode III.
                    • Anakin's hopping on a STAP is an echo from way back in 2008, The Clone Wars animated story.
                    • The entire sequence where Obi-Wan and Even Piell try to sneak around the landing platform when they emerge from the ventilation duct was originally shot on top of the citadel tower. It was later moved with minimal pickups to the landing area behind the tower, on the ground.
                    • Obi-Wan's line to Osi Sobeck, "I must say, you're not at all what I pictured. Someone with such a soft voice," is particularly ironic given that actor James Arnold Taylor voices both characters.
                    • The monitoring devices along the walls of the Citadel seen in these three episodes are designed after similar devices seen aboard the Death Star in Episode IV.
                    • The non-existent Separatist outpost that OOM-10 mentions as part of his bluff is Point Tarron.
                    • To differentiate Lola Sayu's hellish conditions from the lava planet Mustafar, its molten rivers are colored a bright yellow, to suggest sulfur. Given what sulfurous deposits smell like, it's understandable Tarkin and Anakin hold their noses.

Comment

Wow, did no-one watch it last night or what?

Comment

I watched it. Was a bit saddened by the end.

Spoiler:
                        Was sad to see another member of Domino Squad die, now all that is left is Fives. What annoyed me most wasn't that he died but how he died, as his great idea to save the ship from destruction was to grab a shield and then stand in front of the ship.

Was pointless, as they just wasted an identifiable clone (as in, someone who has been in it several times so is known) doing something completely useless since the ship was going to be destroyed anyway. If they wanted to kill a character off, should have been another red shirt although that guy being cut in half was great, as was the other being executed on the spot. I hope they have more detailed deaths on the DVD.

sigpic

Comment

Finally got to watch Counterattack today!

Spoiler:
                          It was an interesting episode. The Tarkin and Skywalker conversation on the Jedi was good. It helps to set up their relationship in A New Hope.

Anakin also knows now or at least should suspect Plo Koon didn't send Ashoka. I wonder if there will be any fallout in their relationship because of it. I know if I was Anakin, I would be not be very happy with her at all.

On killing Echo, that really sucks since I liked him. However, killing known characters off does up the emotional impact of an episode but that was a poor way to kill him off, IMHO.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Was sad to see another member of Domino Squad die, now all that is left is Fives. What annoyed me most wasn't that he died but how he died, as his great idea to save the ship from destruction was to grab a shield and then stand in front of the ship. Was pointless, as they just wasted an identifiable clone (as in, someone who has been in it several times so is known) doing something completely useless since the ship was going to be destroyed anyway. If they wanted to kill a character off, should have been another red shirt although that guy being cut in half was great, as was the other being executed on the spot.
                            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            On killing Echo, that really sucks since I liked him. However, killing known characters off does up the emotional impact of an episode but that was a poor way to kill him off, IMHO.
                            Indeed, I agree completely.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            I hope they have more detailed deaths on the DVD.
                            Yes!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            It was an interesting episode. The Tarkin and Skywalker conversation on the Jedi was good. It helps to set up their relationship in A New Hope.
                            I thought that was one of the coolest parts of the episode, myself.

Comment

Wow, did no-one watch it last night or what?
                              One of the problems with working the weekends is that when everybody's taking it easy, I'm not.

I finally got around to watching this episode. The first half of the episode wasn't to my liking, honestly. I liked the little references to other Star Wars movies, namely those little droids that scurry around (whatever those are called), and Tarkin and Anakin's very interesting criticism of Jedi strategy and and tactics. Other than that though, something about the pacing just didn't do it for me.

However, something changed with the pacing and tone of the episode after they blew up the fuel line. What can I say? Sometimes, a lot of **** blowing up can really do something for an episode. The dogfights with the airspeeders were well done. But that explosion at the end? Dominio Squad is, well, falling like dominos. That's probably why the producers decided to name them that in the first place.
                              sigpic

Comment

3.19 Counterattack
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't think I'd call this episode thrilling, but I enjoyed it just the same. I'm looking forward to watching this trilogy of episodes in one go.

Some nice nods and moments here. Obi-Wan's gang looking down on the shuttle and commenting on not knowing whether it was safe was interestingly reminiscent of the heroes in ANH looking down at the Falcon in the landing bay. Nice to see mouse droids too, though to this day I have no idea what their function is

Certainly though one of my favourite bits was when Anakin and Tarkin were discussing the merits (or rather, de-merits) of the Jedi leading the war effort. It was a good vaguely dark note; an interesting relationship establishment between the two of them. And I liked the previous dialogue between them too, discussing how effective an installation like the Citadel is. I thought that was a lovely foreshadow to the Tarkin Doctrine as the dominant Imperial philosophy.

Echo though, holy crap I wasn't expecting him to die

On censorship (minor spoilers for 3.02 and 3.19)
                                Spoiler:
                                Remember the censored scene from Arc Troopers, where Asajj rather brutally murders a clone? I wonder if that'll make it onto the DVD/BD release of the season. From what I understand, the scene was actually made (IIRC it's on Youtube), but Cartoon Network wouldn't air it. I'm hoping it makes the final cut.

Regarding tonight's episode, did anyone else get the distinct feeling that there might've been something cut when that poor clone got (presumably) sliced in half by a closing security door?
                                Spoiler:
                                The stuff with Anakin and Tarkin was great.

I find myself not really caring when one of the "main" clones dies, because you can't tell who it is anyway until somebody says "ECHO!!" The shot of the helmet laying there as they leave was a nice touch though. It kinda reminded me of Jango's helmet for some reason.

As for the clone being cut in half; before it happened, when you realized it was gonna happen, I thought 'I can't believe they're gonna show this... oh'
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X