Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant the CGI DVDs. Extended episodes are definitely a plus so I'll have to looking into Blu-Ray vs DVD comparison (namely if the DVDs got extended episodes). I would usually watch a series (of anything) while replaying a game that I don't want to replay again (usually for trophy purposes, which is why I don't have a lot of Blu-Ray movies).

sigpic

Comment

TCW is one of those shows I have no hesitation about going for on BD, if for no other reason than source material. You're pretty much guaranteed that TCW is the highest resolution/definition/detailed animated production out there (and will probably remain so for quite some time to come). Getting the show on downsampled DVD would be cheating myself/yourself of the utmost quality IMO.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It seems the Blu-Ray version has a lot of extra features as part of the "Jedi Temple Archives" which sounds interesting. Annoys me watching Blu-Ray on PS3, despite Sony's claims that it "only does everything", it doesn't let you stay signed into PSN while you watch it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          It seems the Blu-Ray version has a lot of extra features as part of the "Jedi Temple Archives" which sounds interesting. Annoys me watching Blu-Ray on PS3, despite Sony's claims that it "only does everything", it doesn't let you stay signed into PSN while you watch it.
          Yeah that is quite annoying. I also wish it had a time display =\
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Next weeks episode has two characters we have never seen before debut.
            Spoiler:
            Jedi Master Quinlan Vos and Gardulla the hutt

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Next weeks episode has two characters we have never seen before debut.
              Spoiler:
              Jedi Master Quinlan Vos and Gardulla the hutt
              Looks to be interesting.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Evil Plans

Spoiler:
                I rather enjoyed tonight's episode, even if it was a 'talky' episode. The lower levels of Coruscant are always nice to see, and I quite like how we got to see a bit of The Works again.

I also thought it was an interesting narrative choice to juxtapose 3PO's interrogation against R2 in the droid "spa".

I liked seeing the IG-88 style droid, but was a bit annoyed at how blatantly obvious Seth Green's voice was. But I looooove getting to see Cad Bane any time I can. He's one of those characters that I just frickin' love that they've introduced and I'm thrilled every time we get to see him. And was it just me, or was Hondo driving the 'car' when they first abducted 3PO?

The heads of the 5 Hutt families! Hah! That's cool, I love a reference to real-world crime families

I can't wait to watch this bounty hunter series of episodes in order. As much as the 'anthology' thing annoys me most of the time, I do appreciate that it gives them an opportunity to really flesh out stories that they've already approached.

Looking forward to next week! Seems that it'll be a 'sequel' to Season 1's Hostage Crisis....likely even a 'direct' sequel, what with the break-out of Ziro and the dinner in tonight's episode.

Comment

In other news: CRAP, looks like 3.11 has been bumped back a week. So there'll be a 2-week gap between Heroes On Both Sides and Pursuit of Peace

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Evil Plans

Spoiler:
                    I rather enjoyed tonight's episode, even if it was a 'talky' episode. The lower levels of Coruscant are always nice to see, and I quite like how we got to see a bit of The Works again.

I also thought it was an interesting narrative choice to juxtapose 3PO's interrogation against R2 in the droid "spa".

I liked seeing the IG-88 style droid, but was a bit annoyed at how blatantly obvious Seth Green's voice was. But I looooove getting to see Cad Bane any time I can. He's one of those characters that I just frickin' love that they've introduced and I'm thrilled every time we get to see him. And was it just me, or was Hondo driving the 'car' when they first abducted 3PO?

The heads of the 5 Hutt families! Hah! That's cool, I love a reference to real-world crime families

I can't wait to watch this bounty hunter series of episodes in order. As much as the 'anthology' thing annoys me most of the time, I do appreciate that it gives them an opportunity to really flesh out stories that they've already approached.

Looking forward to next week! Seems that it'll be a 'sequel' to Season 1's Hostage Crisis....likely even a 'direct' sequel, what with the break-out of Ziro and the dinner in tonight's episode.
                    But if Aurra Sing was in hostage crisis that'll mean Bane will have to break her out first so maybe this next one will be a prequel to hostage crisis and cover that? I can't remember how Ziro escaped in the first place in hostage crisis. Right now he's in jail, and Sing is in jail, only right now is not really right now, it's before hostage crisis, but in order for hostage crisis to happen Sing has to be out of jail but right now she's still in jail, so right now can't be right before hostage crisis yet, but Ziro's still in jail so it can't be after either, cause he gets out after hostage crisis and Sing is already out by then so... This time line really confuses me sometimes.

Comment

My brain hurts

Comment

Cad Bane was awesome as always.

I can't wait for the Vos episode. All the old SW: Republic comics from 2002-2005 with him and Aayla were some of the best stories from the series.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Hunt for Ziro
                          Spoiler:
                          Not....what I was expecting. The Hutt family of Ziro, his 'mother', and his 'girlfriend' was a bit too close to low-class black people for my tastes. I always despised Jar Jar, but never saw him as the racial stereotype that so many people made him out to be. These three were a different story entirely

I was a bit disappointed with Quinlan Vos too. Not that I know the character well (I really don't), but I was expecting him to be more harsh, more severe. And the way he was so friendly with Cody really threw me off. Isn't Quinlan Vos supposed to be notorious for hating clones?

I also was not expecting Ziro to die so suddenly and so unceremoniously. But it absolutely led to the highlight of the episode for me: the brief but awesome fight between Kenobi/Vos and Cad Bane. I sure hope they don't kill off Cad Bane any time soon, he's quickly become one of my favourite EU characters.

The other thing I really enjoyed about this week's episode was the lighting effects. Holy cow have they ever come a long way, even in just the three years of this series. This show looked amazing from day one, and still manages to improve as it goes along.

Interesting preview for next week. Looks like
                          Spoiler:
                          in addition to the Padme/Ahsoka story we were already aware of from the blurb, Grevious will be attacking Coruscant too? Intriguing....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Hunt for Ziro
                            Spoiler:
                            Not....what I was expecting. The Hutt family of Ziro, his 'mother', and his 'girlfriend' was a bit too close to low-class black people for my tastes. I always despised Jar Jar, but never saw him as the racial stereotype that so many people made him out to be. These three were a different story entirely

I was a bit disappointed with Quinlan Vos too. Not that I know the character well (I really don't), but I was expecting him to be more harsh, more severe. And the way he was so friendly with Cody really threw me off. Isn't Quinlan Vos supposed to be notorious for hating clones?

I also was not expecting Ziro to die so suddenly and so unceremoniously. But it absolutely led to the highlight of the episode for me: the brief but awesome fight between Kenobi/Vos and Cad Bane. I sure hope they don't kill off Cad Bane any time soon, he's quickly become one of my favourite EU characters.

The other thing I really enjoyed about this week's episode was the lighting effects. Holy cow have they ever come a long way, even in just the three years of this series. This show looked amazing from day one, and still manages to improve as it goes along.
                            Spoiler:
                            The Ziro thing really surprised me to. Him dying not it being an uncomfortable racial stereotype, I pretty much laugh those off with Star Wars now. Him dying though was a shock if only because I'd long been operating under the unspoken assumption that certain characters simply don't die in this series. They lose, they get captured, they get put in jail but they don't actually die. Look at Aurra Sing for example. Survived the crash of slave 1, then shot with a stun blast where there was no reason for Padme not to just blast her for real like Ziro got here. Don't get me wrong, if that had happened I'd have been on here *****ing about Lucas ****ting on other's people's work for no good reason in re-writing the canon, but I think in that you can find the key difference. The characters, even minor ones, that have some sort of presence in the lore after the clone wars probably aren't going to get bumped off, but those that don't... I'm concerned for Bane as well since he's also one of my favorite characters. I just find myself liking the bounty hunters and "scoundrels" better in general even if they have been badguys so far.

I figured I might like Vos because I was under the impression he was sort of like that in Jedi form, but instead they've apparently turned him into some kind of pseudo hippie, laid back "dude" type character with maybe a bit of native American mixed in for flavor. Didn't see that one coming for sure.

The only Jedi character I really like is Obi Wan, and this version of Anakin on good days.

Interesting preview for next week. Looks like
                            Spoiler:
                            in addition to the Padme/Ahsoka story we were already aware of from the blurb, Grevious will be attacking Coruscant too? Intriguing....
                            Grevious attacking Coruscant is pretty much the last thing that happens before ep3 starts, so it would be one of the last episodes in the chronological order of this series if it's the same attack.

I'll have to watch to see if Asohka dies in it. Would be funny to kill her now then make another 3 years of episodes where she was still alive, and when all the viewers know of her terrible fate for certain. Get those kiddies crying George, or much more likely just confuse the hell out of them with your wacky time jumping stories. Opens up an opportunity for big brother to tell them Asohka turned into a brain eating zombie though, and Anakin just doesn't know, and won't until she eats his brains last.

She's the reason Padme really died, and in Return of the Jedi she stalked out of the shadows of the deathstar to feast on Vader's brains after Luke loosened his helmet and left him there helpless thinking he was dead.

Comment

Well with the Clone Wars being a period that's still in flux, there's probably room for a second (or rather, first) attack on Coruscant. Especially since in the preview

Spoiler:
                              it looks like he'll be using some kind of manipulated droids rather than a full-on assault.

I don't really expect that we'll see the beginning of the Battle of Coruscant at any point in this series as they've already done it in both Episode III and the previous Clone Wars animated series. They may be perfectly happy to rearrange and modify canon as they please, but I just can't see them retreading territory that T-level canon has already done twice.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Chronologically speaking, Grevious has been absent for far too long; viewed chronologically, his most recent appearance was in 2.10 "The Deserter".

Of course, who knows when next week's episode will take place. I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be part of the 'current' "Evil Plans"/"Hostage Crisis"/"Hunt for Ziro" arc just based on the dinner that Padme was having in the first of those three episodes. We'll see, I guess.

One of the things I'm really hoping to see in the future, be it this year or in the next two, is that really ugly third year of the war. Judging from the Wookieepedia "Clone Wars" article, it hasn't been fleshed out as well as the other years of the conflict, but it seems like the year when things get really serious. The MedStar stories, the devastation of Honoghr, Grevious' atrocities, Republic terrorism, Outer Rim Sieges, and the Hunt for Darth Sidious are article sub-titles that really have me intrigued. I want to see the war get really serious and really ugly for all involved, and I want to see real justification for Anakin calling Grevious a "monster" in Episode III, rather than the bumbling general we've seen so far.

Comment

This timeline is making my head hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X