Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Liked tonight's episode quite a bit. I like Ahsoka, so I appreciate character development for her. And I laughed really hard at the (apparent) Monty Python reference

My one beef with this was that the ending was a bit of a cheat because we expect Ziro is free at this point in viewing the show. I guess the ending here definitively places both this episode and the Boba Fett mini-arc at the end of Season 2 sometime during the Season 1 timeframe.
    must have missed the monty python reference what was it, the way they go back and forth chronologically is so confusing i wonder why they do it

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
      must have missed the monty python reference what was it
      Well I can't be 100% sure about this obviously, but there was just something in the tone of voice in the way the Medbot said "she'll be fine, it was merely a flesh wound" that cracked me right up. I was sure that the voice actor was trying to slip that one in

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
      the way they go back and forth chronologically is so confusing i wonder why they do it
      Yeah it wouldn't be so bad on occasion, but they've really gone off the deep end with it this year. As for why, we can only speculate until someone on the inside speaks up. My guess is that they have the whole timeline of the series from beginning to end laid out somewhere, and they cherry-pick stories they'd like to write.
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 October 2010, 07:00 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

FYI, upcoming episodes:

Nov 5 2010 -- 3.08 "Evil Plans"
        Nov 12 2010 -- 3.09 "Hunt for Ziro"
        Nov 19 2010 -- 3.10 "Heroes on Both Sides"
        Nov 26 2010 -- 3.11 "Pursuit of Peace"
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

FYI, upcoming episodes:

Maybe that is the one were we find out the who and how of Ziro ended up back in prison?
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's possible, but my guess is that it'll be set post-"Hostage Crisis". They seem to have re-jigged a lot of stuff to fit into that late-Season 1 timeframe. They've put "Supply Lines" and moved "Ambush" into being part of the Ryloth story arc, and now they've put the Boba Fett trilogy, "Assassin", "Evil Plans" and "Hunt for Ziro" together with "Hostage Crisis", making for an interesting story arc.

What I'm most curious about right now is if the Mandalore duology this season is supposed to be set post-season 2, or if it's meant as a direct continuation of the Mandalore trilogy in season 2
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 27 October 2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

FYI, upcoming episodes:

Well now doesn't that sound interesting.

Comment

It's possible, but my guess is that it'll be set post-"Hostage Crisis". They seem to have re-jigged a lot of stuff to fit into that late-Season 1 timeframe. They've put "Supply Lines" and moved "Ambush" into being part of the Ryloth story arc, and now they've put the Boba Fett trilogy, "Assassin", "Evil Plans" and "Hunt for Ziro" together with "Hostage Crisis", making for an interesting story arc.

What I'm most curious about right now is if the Mandalore duology this season is supposed to be set post-season 2, or if it's meant as a direct continuation of the Mandalore trilogy in season 2
                I bet they keep changing things around until after the final season has aired. Then they settle on an order and release everything in the correct order so we have to buy the DVDs again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Well now doesn't that sound interesting.

I'm quite looking forward to both that and "Pursuit of Peace"

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  I bet they keep changing things around until after the final season has aired. Then they settle on an order and release everything in the correct order so we have to buy the DVDs again.
                  Ha! Like hell I'm buying them again

Comment

I'm quite looking forward to both that and "Pursuit of Peace"
                    These episode titles didn't happen to come with any vague descriptions of what they were about did they? I've noticed that spoilers for this show seem extremely hard to find for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      These episode titles didn't happen to come with any vague descriptions of what they were about did they? I've noticed that spoilers for this show seem extremely hard to find for some reason.
                      Not a whole lot, the official blurbs read:

Heroes on Both Sides
                      "Padmé Amidala and Ahsoka Tano travel to Raxus in an attempt to forge a peace agreement with the Separatists. As Padmé enlists the help of a former mentor, Mina Bonteri, Ahsoka learns some valuable lessons about the realities of war."

Pursuit of Peace
                      "Senators Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, and Onaconda Farr come under fire after opposing a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troopers, but cripple the Republic."

Granted "Peace" sounds like a 'talky', but I'm hoping it's a bit better than some of the ones we've had in the past. It certainly sounds more interesting than the premise for, say, "Senate Murders".

Honestly though I'm kind of glad that spoilers for TCW are a bit hard to come by. That's one of the things about online fandom that frustrates me, having to be very wary of people talking about spoilers. Drives me frelling nuts on the SGU boards

Comment

Hunt for Ziro.

Spoiler:
                        "The Hutt Council is after Ziro. But the Hutts aren't the only ones! Will they catch up with the treacherous Hutt, or can Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Master Quinlan Vos bring him to justice?"

We finally get to see
                        Spoiler:
                        Quinlan Vos!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Hunt for Ziro.

Spoiler:
                          "The Hutt Council is after Ziro. But the Hutts aren't the only ones! Will they catch up with the treacherous Hutt, or can Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Master Quinlan Vos bring him to justice?"

We finally get to see
                          Spoiler:
                          Quinlan Vos!
                          Should be interesting.

Spoiler:
                          I really want to see what Vos looks and acts like on the show!

Comment

Not a whole lot, the official blurbs read:

Heroes on Both Sides
                            "Padmé Amidala and Ahsoka Tano travel to Raxus in an attempt to forge a peace agreement with the Separatists. As Padmé enlists the help of a former mentor, Mina Bonteri, Ahsoka learns some valuable lessons about the realities of war."
                            Kind of disappointed that this isn't the starting episode of that whole big
                            Spoiler:
                            Darth's Maul's brother replaces Ventress
                            thing they've been promoting.

I'm finding what really seems to make the show for me is the quality of the opposition in a given episode. Some of the best episodes last season for me were made entirely on characters like Bane, Aurra Sing and Young Boba. It seems like the writers have to go that little extra mile to feel they've done some of the more noteworthy or recurring badguys justice, and thus the whole episode gets better as a side effect of it. Case in point the last episode, which was head and shoulders above the previous 3 or so.

Pursuit of Peace
                            "Senators Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, and Onaconda Farr come under fire after opposing a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troopers, but cripple the Republic."

Granted "Peace" sounds like a 'talky', but I'm hoping it's a bit better than some of the ones we've had in the past. It certainly sounds more interesting than the premise for, say, "Senate Murders".
                            Yeah this ones sounds like a glad it's only a half hour "power through to see the end preview" type affair.

Who would be dumb enough to be anti military spending in the middle of a galactic scale war to, I guess Padme and Bail Organa.

I've also always wondered why the Republic never seemed to have much in the way of a regular citizen army, just clones. Even hiring mercenaries would be an option. With some of the bounty hunters and various other pseudo assassin types roaming around you could probably piece together some pretty scary units. I'd venture even more effective than fresh off Kamino clones. If there's one thing the republic wouldn't seem short on it's money to bankroll something like this. But then again in Star Wars bounty hunting is an "evil" rather than lawful profession, interchangeable with being an assassin, so being a mercenary would probably brand you as a similarly "murderous killer for hire". Not someone who's going to be allowed onto team goodguy in other words.

I do have to wonder about the regular army though. You'd think there'd be at least some percentage of the population who'd want to join up to fight the separatists for their homes/ideals, or a chance to watch a Jedi mow through 100 goofy robots at once.

Honestly though I'm kind of glad that spoilers for TCW are a bit hard to come by. That's one of the things about online fandom that frustrates me, having to be very wary of people talking about spoilers. Drives me frelling nuts on the SGU boards
                            I mainly just like to read blurbs about what future episode will be about in a general sense so I know which ones to look forward to/make sure I catch. You can find some things scattered here and there but even finding next week's episode trailers can be more challenging than you'd think sometimes.

Comment

What are the Clone Wars DVD's like?

I've been interested in rewatching the series lately, thinking about getting season 1 now, season 2 in two weeks (when released here) or if I should just hold off and get the season 1/2 box set.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                What are the Clone Wars DVD's like?

I've been interested in rewatching the series lately, thinking about getting season 1 now, season 2 in two weeks (when released here) or if I should just hold off and get the season 1/2 box set.
                                You mean the animated CW series or the TCW CGI series?

I don't have the animated ones, but the TCW sets are quite nice. The packaging is beautiful and high quality, they each come with booklets of concept art both used and unused. I can't speak to the DVDs as I have the BD sets, but the a/v quality is just top notch. And even better, a number of episodes on the Season 1 set are extended directors' cuts, longer than the broadcast versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X