X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Prowse banned from Star Wars events

What a damn travesty

Darth Vader Actor Banned From STAR WARS Convention

David Prowse, the actor who famously played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy has just posted on his site that he's been banned from the big Lucas Film Star Wars Celebration V (C5) in Orlando.

"It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have 'burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself' - no other reason given...I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL (Lucas Film Limited) have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501"
    It's possible this stems from complaints he made to Slashfilm last year that he isn't getting any residual checks because, according to LucasFilms, the films "never made a profit."

If so, this is criminal. The guy's 76-years-old. He has massive arthritis problems. He's had hip and knee replacement surgery and can't move one of his arms. His main source of income is that he was one of the actors in the most successful movie franchise in history. Emporer Lucas, send the guy a couple checks or, at least, let him do some photo-ops.
    http://geektwins.blogspot.com/2010/0...star-wars.html
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

That's sad. David Prowse did a fantastic job as Darth Vader despite the fact that it wasn't his voice.

Terribly sad.
    sigpic

Comment

Fair enough, the guy and Lucasfilm may not have gotten on in the past but for them to go as far as to affect the Star Wars fan club he runs as well, that's just downright ****ed up. The fact it could all be down to Star Wars "not making a profit" is just the worst reason to ban him. Also, the guy had cancer, that's like kicking him when he's down.

sigpic

Comment

Tis sad that the movie industry , they take the actor, use him and throw him away,
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

I don't get it, maybe he did something to get him banned?

Comment

I seriously doubt that this is all there is to the story.
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

The reason mentioned was really rather vague. But I doubt a 76 year old man with arthritis problems would cause a whole lot of problems...

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                So do I.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Still, unless David Prowse got caught sleeping with George Lucas' daughter, ex-wife, mother, and dog at the same time, I just can't figure how they'd justify banning him like this.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Wars never made profit? lol omg thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                      Maybe he's the party drunk.

Who knows.

But until he hear both sides of the story, it's not really fair to take any side. I'm sure there is a good reason for this.

Comment

Wow, I don't know what to think of that. Pretty messed up if you ask me.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would need to hear more before i decied if it's unfair or not .
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I'd like to invite you to take a chance to ask questions to the oryginal Lord Vader (so I mean David Prowse) who is going to be our guest in Poland during Star Force 2010. We are gathering questions for him from the Internet users and we're going to ask him to answers to your question.

If you are interested please write a question on a site "MMBydgoszcz.pl"

here you go: http://www.mmbydgoszcz.pl/7307/2010/...?category=news

Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                            X