"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I just read an IGN article on the impressions from the E3 demo and it was a bit deflating. The combat is apparently a big laggy and not as immersive as BioWare is claiming. The biggest gripe was that you just don't feel like a Jedi, you feel like a cartoony dude with a big light stick.
    Humm. I'm thinking this game is getting enough hype to dig its own grave unfortunately.

The expectations its already holding in the public eyes will never amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      Humm. I'm thinking this game is getting enough hype to dig its own grave unfortunately.

The expectations its already holding in the public eyes will never amount.
      Yeah, the game could become the next Age of Conan, a pretty good game but so overhyped that it felt like a complete letdown.

Then again, it is Bioware that's developing the game.
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Well with this game Star Wars meets Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Well with this game Star Wars meets Doctor Who
          So what you're saying is... Star Wars meets horrible British science fiction?

That's an awful blow to the game.

Comment

Oh I'm so disappointed in you AW
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My Sith Empire t-shirt just arrived!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Aaaaaand, the next part of the Blood of the Empire webcomic has been released

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  The Empire shall fall! Long live the Republic!
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

That's an awful blow to the game.
                    No that you get to travel around in your journies with 'companions' . As in women, men, aliens, droids...tin dogs.....

I hope to get a fiery Red Head myself

Long live the Jedi!

Comment

Long live the Jedi in the Alderaan vid
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I'd love to see a photo.

Comment

Comment

humm. what am I missing?

When I look at that, it doesn't scream "sith" or starwars.

Looks like a Lost shirt

Comment

...except for the gigantic SITH EMPIRE emblem on it, you mean?

Comment

hum.

I guess I've really never seen an emblem before. In games or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X