Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha

Man, there are no words for how excited for this game I am
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      They made them smaller! Yes!!!!!
      you know the handles in the Clone Wars seems a bit big.
      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Hahaha

Man, there are no words for how excited for this game I am

Comment

IMHO the gameplay looks pretty much same as in KOTORS, not counting the ability to take cover though..
        "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

I don't know about that. KOTOR was turn-based and benefited from a lot of pause-queue attacks-unpause-repeat. This looks to be more real-time. And judging from the combat video diary I linked a few posts back, it will be rather different.

That said though, even if it were KOTOR/classic RPG style, I wouldn't be terribly upset. More of KOTOR couldn't possibly be a bad thing
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well, as long as it's more bugfree than KOTOR2 was.
            "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Well considereing KOTOR and TOR are by BioWare, while KOTOR2 was by Obsidian...

Comment

Well considereing KOTOR and TOR are by BioWare, while KOTOR2 was by Obsidian...
                No wonder I found KOTOR2 to be far below expectations.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  No wonder I found KOTOR2 to be far below expectations.
                  Also doesn't help the game wasn't actually complete when released.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Also doesn't help the game wasn't actually complete when released.

Still, even with mods to fill in the missing content, KOTOR2 wasn't up to snuff compared to the original. It really shouldn't take half the game before it gets interesting.

Comment

Still, even with mods to fill in the missing content, KOTOR2 wasn't up to snuff compared to the original. It really shouldn't take half the game before it gets interesting.
                      If you found it interesting by the half way mark, you're a better man than I am. I found myself just going from planet to planet looking to find lightsaber parts and to make a team of Jedi than anything else. No real story, no real ending, didn't even both doing a Dark Side play.

sigpic

Comment

I haven't gotten to a Dark Side play yet, but Light Side was interesting enough by halfway. I quite liked the whole 'hole in the Force' thing. And Malachor V (there was an ending with the restored content mod).

Other than that though, quite disappointing.

Comment

Cross-posting from the EU thread:

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                          Starwars.com has posted their "First Look" at the upcoming Old Republic book, Fatal Alliance.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/...nce/index.html
                          Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                          In other news, Starwars.com posted the info on the second Old Republic Book, Deceived.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/...ed/index.html#

There's also a short story, The Old Republic: Smuggler's Vanguard, published in its entirety at StarWars.com. It's set during the Great Galactic War that immediately precedes the game.

Comment

Also released today: Blood of the Empire, Issue #1
                            Issue #2 is now available!

And something else I hadn't noticed before, but they seem to be releasing short biographies on the significant galactic players of The Old Republic. Names currently include Darth Maglus and Grand Moff Kilran of the Sith Empire, Mandalore and Nemro the Hutt (independents), as well as General Garza and Grand Master Satele Shan of the Republic.
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 11 May 2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Friday's update:

Advanced Classes Overview -- Giving first details on how your character can be customized to best fit your playstyle. This appears to be a choice that's made after you've been playing for a while and (probably) leveled up your character to a certain point. Not a ton of detail, but interesting nonetheless.

Also:
                              A feature on world building, from TOR's lead writer. Fascinating stuff, explaining the process of conceptualizing a world using Voss as his example.
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 16 May 2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Friday update:
                                - Blood of the Empire issue #3
                                - Fan Friday, including a look at depth-of-field in-game and screenshots on Nal Hutta
                                - another world announced: Hoth!
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 May 2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X