This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tera'ngan
    Oh, and he IS doing another Indiana Jones movie. Harrison Ford comes back and it is supposed to be an "aging" Indiana. In fact, I think the script is done. My understanding is that George and Steve are getting started on that as soon as 3 is done.
    There is already plenty of bad news about this one. Earlier this year, Lucas rejected a script written by Frank Darabont and said that he would work on the script himself. Not only did Darabont write/direct "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption", but he also wrote for the Young Indiana Jones television show in the early '90s. All three (Spielberg, Ford, Lucas) have to agree on a script, but Lucas was the one to reject Darabont's.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
      Aiyee! Be careful what you wish for (Matrix Revolutions, Event Horizon, Killer Clowns from Outer Space...)!
      Am I the only one who liked Event Horizon!?! It's not a classic like Alien but it's still a decent scifi/horror flick.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
        Am I the only one who liked Event Horizon!?! It's not a classic like Alien but it's still a decent scifi/horror flick.
        I liked 80% of it...

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Whats wrong with the Matrix Trilogy!?!?!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            Parts 2 and 3 (especially 3)

Comment

Aiyee! Be careful what you wish for (Matrix Revolutions, Event Horizon, Killer Clowns from Outer Space...)!

I liked Matrix revolutions, loved Event Horizon and have never seen Killer clowns from outer space

The only really bad sci-fi that is in the big leagues that I´d include in this is the star trek movie were they go back in time to save a whale, biggest load of BS that I´ve ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                Parts 2 and 3 (especially 3)
                ....I'll kill you for that remark....lol. Na, to each there own.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  The second two are rubbish thats what. They're boring badly plotted and non-sensical.

And as to Star Wars I sincellery hope not it would just wreck about the entire EU in all likelyhood.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Star Wars 7 - 9? Never gonna happen.

And, uh, on the outside chance that it does happen, Lucas won't be directing. I'll eat my hat if he does. When the prequel trilogy is done it will have taken ten years of his life to finish. He's not gonna devote another ten to a new trilogy. If it does happen (and I still firmly believe that it won't - not anytime soon anyway) count on Lucas to be far less directly involved.
                    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 24 August 2004, 10:52 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      Star Wars 7 - 9? Never gonna happen.

And, uh, on the outside chance that it does happen, Lucas won't be directing. I'll eat my hat if he does.
                      Piggy, let me know how big that hat is so I can buy the right frying pan.

Comment

Originally posted by tera'ngan
                        Oh, and he IS doing another Indiana Jones movie. Harrison Ford comes back and it is supposed to be an "aging" Indiana. In fact, I think the script is done. My understanding is that George and Steve are getting started on that as soon as 3 is done.

-tera'ngan
                        If it's done well then a hearty 'JIPPIE' is in order.

Comment

Piggy, let me know how big that hat is so I can buy the right frying pan.
                          I don't own a hat. Joke's on you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            I don't own a hat. Joke's on you!
                            Ah-ha! So even if it does happen, you will have no hat to eat! Sneaky. You ever consider a career in politics?

Comment

Ah-ha! So even if it does happen, you will have no hat to eat!
                              [does that tap-nose-with-finger motion thing which I think is supposed to indicate "bingo!"]
                              Sneaky. You ever consider a career in politics?
                              I don't know, do politicians tend to own hats?

Oh, um... Star Wars, huh? Well if it happens, I hope it contradicts the EU in every conceivable way. Just to screw over the most devoted fans. Yeah, that'd be fun.

Comment

Okay. I'm an idiot.

EU? European Union??

Comment

Working...
                                X