Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, Enterprise designs peaked at the 1st refit, shown in ST:TMP and ST:TWOK
    Enterprises since have been ugly, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Maybe, there's a streaming service who'll pick it up.
      I'll have to find other ways to view it too so...
      That's the thing...I don't want to have to pay for a streaming service. And I'll be damned if I'm going to watch a show on my computer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        That's the thing...I don't want to have to pay for a streaming service. And I'll be damned if I'm going to watch a show on my computer.
        I know what you mean on both accounts.

Although technically I hook my computer up to a bigger screen.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll also need to find another way to watch it. I don't want to pay for a service if there is only one show I want to watch on it. Maybe another place will pick it up, or why can't CBS air it?
          sigpic

Comment

Discovery will be set about a decade before TOS, and its lead character will be a female who is NOT the captain of the ship--making this the first Trek series to be centred on someone other than the captain.

Fuller also says it will involve 'an event that has been mentioned but never seen before' in Trek.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-d...n-not-captain/
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

In terms of plot plots, he noted, "there's an incident, an event, in the history of Starfleet that has been talked about [in previous Star Trek series] but never fully explored." He didn't elaborate, but added that digging into the incident was "tantalizing."
              WOOOO... So any trek fans wanna gossip about what that could possibly be?

Comment

My first guess would be the Earth-Romulan War
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Fuller also says it will involve 'an event that has been mentioned but never seen before' in Trek.
                  Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  WOOOO... So any trek fans wanna gossip about what that could possibly be?
                  Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  My first guess would be the Earth-Romulan War
                  I can't see it being the Earth-Romulan War as that ended before the founding of the Federation in 2161 and this new show takes place in the 2250's. All Star Trek: Discovery can do is just talk some more about a war that has been over and done for around 90-years. The real place that war should have been explored and experienced should have been in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Speaking of the 2250's...I hope that TPTB of this show remember that the uniforms in the "Prime Universe" looked like this:
                  http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/S...)#Duty_uniform
                  Last edited by Alan; 11 August 2016, 03:25 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My first thought was actually the Battle of Axanar, and if this may be why the Paramount/CBS lawsuit has been so uncharacteristically vehement.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      My first thought was actually the Battle of Axanar, and if this may be why the Paramount/CBS lawsuit has been so uncharacteristically vehement.
                      That is possible. I believe that the Battle of Axanar took place in the 2240's so there may be characters in Star Trek: Discovery that took part in that and were affected by it. Some flashback sequences to it would be exciting to see.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The ship is still a work in progress.. right?

They're not really going with that design..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          The ship is still a work in progress.. right?

They're not really going with that design..
                          The website Trekcore has an article with a quote from Bryan Fuller covering the USS Discovery's design:
                          http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/ful...esign-process/

Comment

I saw that.. And the design from the 70's that it's based on is the same one that eventually became the Enterprise D..

It's an ugly brown triangle with a saucer stuck on the top right now.. They might be going for a "golden glow" but when there's nothing but the empty black nothingness of space to reflect it just looks like brown..

There's nothing to connect the different elements of the ship. It's just a bunch of random shapes stuck together.

At least they say they're still working on it..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              I saw that.. And the design from the 70's that it's based on is the same one that eventually became the Enterprise D..

It's an ugly brown triangle with a saucer stuck on the top right now.. They might be going for a "golden glow" but when there's nothing but the empty black nothingness of space to reflect it just looks like brown..

There's nothing to connect the different elements of the ship. It's just a bunch of random shapes stuck together.

At least they say they're still working on it..
                              Yes, and I'm very relieved that they're still working on it too. I don't like the colour or the fact that, as you say, it is at its basic level just a bunch of random shapes stuck together.

One other thing...the deflector dish design on the USS Discovery is also of Star Trek: The Motion Picture era of ships (2270's upwards) so that right away is 20-years too early for when Star Trek: Discovery is set (2250's). That needs to be changed to reflect the satellite type of dishes used on Enterprise NX-01 or the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (pre-refit obviously).

Comment

It looks like someone flipped over a D-9 and took a bat to the "cockpit section" to flatten it out a bit.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X