Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    They can always do what Star Wars did. Deploy an army of twitter bots
    Considering the size of the 501st and the Rebel Legion -- I doubt Star Wars needs twitter bots.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Considering the size of the 501st and the Rebel Legion -- I doubt Star Wars needs twitter bots.

That's what they said about the death stars and the Empire...
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

That's what they said about the death stars and the Empire...

Comment

Production has begun. Some tiny snippets in there teasing set and uniform designs.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Tbh I would have liked if they made a series that starts some years after star trek voyager ended and not a show between tos and tng
            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

It's not between TOS and TNG. It's "about a decade" before TOS (so, effectively TOS-era).
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There we go, twitter followed.

Comment

A few observations,

Look like they took fan feedback on the ship and scrap the design that was reveal August.

look like the uniforms and the bridge an the new ship design all seem to be inspired by Enterprise.

I really hope they not Klingon armour at https://youtu.be/0QyHWbOoQak?t=33

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

A few observations,

Look like they took fan feedback on the ship and scrap the design that was reveal August.

look like the uniforms and the bridge an the new ship design all seem to be inspired by Enterprise.

I really hope they not Klingon armour at https://youtu.be/0QyHWbOoQak?t=33
                    Ah, thank you for the YouTube link. I was posting from my phone earlier, bit finicky.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      It's not between TOS and TNG. It's "about a decade" before TOS (so, effectively TOS-era).

Wait...what? That's not a good sign. Last time they did that, they traveled from Earth to Kronos in a day or two at old Warp 4 which is what? TNG warp 3? Just one of many many problems.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Wait...what? That's not a good sign. Last time they did that, they traveled from Earth to Kronos in a day or two at old Warp 4 which is what? TNG warp 3? Just one of many many problems.
                        Yeah this has been out there for the last six months or so.

Fuller on the premise: “There’s an incident and an event in Star Trek history that’s been talked about but never been explored. To do this series, we’re telling a much more serialized story, to dig deep into a very tantalizing storyline. And we have a character who’s on a journey, and in order to understand something that is alien, she first has to understand herself.” The event is something that was referenced in the original series, but not the Romulan War (“close,” he says) or Section 31 (but that could play a role) or Kirk wrestling with the Kobayashi Maru test. It’s only been referenced, never seen, he said.

Fuller says he spoke with Mae Jemison, the first black woman in space, while thinking about how to cast this role. “It was interesting to send her outlines and start talking about the character and get her perspective on what it’s like for a woman in the sciences now when we still have a lot of issues with women and race, and how that’s going to be 250 years in the future when the world gets its s— together and equality is a thing that’s more accepted.”

Star Trek: Discovery will be set in the “Prime Universe” (so in the timeline of the original shows, not the J.J. Abrams reboot films), about a decade before Captain Kirk’s five-year mission. “We can redefine the visual style,” he said. “We get to play with all of the iconography of those ships and that universe. Since we are doing this series in 2016, and all of the other series have been produced [at a time that] isn’t as sophisticated as we are now with what we can do production-wise, we’re going to be reestablishing an entire look for the series — not only for the series, but for what we wanted to accomplish with Star Trek beyond this series.”

Comment

So if it's before TOS then these Klingon would be interesting to see as they were totally human like only with skin color like they have cleaned chimney.

As it was explained in DS9 where they traveled back in time to TOS era and Warf sais something about the evolving I cant remember right now.
                          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Enterprise expanded on that--in the ENT through TOS timeframe, some Klingons have ridges while others do not as the result of a failed experiments to adapt the human Augment DNA to physically and mentally enhance Klingons. It turned into a virus, got loose, and not-insignificant number of Klingons ended up with 'human foreheads.' (Episodes: Affliction, Divergence)

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Enterprise expanded on that--in the ENT through TOS timeframe, some Klingons have ridges while others do not as the result of a failed experiments to adapt the human Augment DNA to physically and mentally enhance Klingons. It turned into a virus, got loose, and not-insignificant number of Klingons ended up with 'human foreheads.' (Episodes: Affliction, Divergence)
                              And some of them kept having plastic surgery unable to decide whether to have bony or smooth foreheads
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Any one else think just perhaps the smoothheads were used as cannon fodder by the Klingon empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X