Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    This is interesting:

"Star Trek: Discovery is coming to CBS All Access in May, 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network, and will be distributed concurrently on Netflix in 188 countries and through Bell Media in Canada."

Does that include the US? Because there are a few star wars movies Canadians and Mexicans can see on Netflix, but not us. No siree. I mean, what's the point of being a world superpower if you can't see the stinkin' movies?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Does that include the US? Because there are a few star wars movies Canadians and Mexicans can see on Netflix, but not us. No siree. I mean, what's the point of being a world superpower if you can't see the stinkin' movies?
      That's not the worst of Netflix -- it was announced that we would be able to watch Netflix by ways of our digiboxes (to watch digital television) except for the customers of a certain provider. Guess which one is our tv/internet provider...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        I'm not liking this whole "Buy our service to see it" model they're running with. I am not spending money for a service that will only be used for one show.
        I concur...
        sigpic

Comment

Bryan Fuller "steps back" as showrunner, is still aboard as an executive producer

Also interesting from that article: they are apparently spending approximately as much per episode on this as HBO spends per episode of Game of Thrones.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Maybe they should reconsider the CBS app exclusivity thing....I'm afraid they are making a poor investment.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Michelle Yeoh will be in it, apparently.

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-...trek-discovery
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If so, that is nice.

Comment

Deadline is now reporting that she will be playing Captain Han Bo of the starship Shenzhou. No word on whether that's the 'starring' starship or if it'll be another vessel entirely, but it seems that either way, it and she will have big roles in the show.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/star-tre...in-1201859554/

Comment

Captain Han Solo -- oh come on, I wasn't the only one, right?

Comment

Not by a long shot

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Captain Han Solo -- oh come on, I wasn't the only one, right?

*Really wishes <-- became a copyright Lawyer for Disney right now*
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Michelle Yeoh has just been confirmed, along with actors Doug Jones ('The Ancient,' on The Strain) and Anthony Rapp.

Jones will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet science officer and a member of an alien species new to the “Star Trek” universe. Anthony Rapp will play Lt. Stamets, an astromycologist, fungus expert, and Starfleet science officer aboard the starship Discovery. Yeoh, whose addition to the cast was reported last week by Variety, will play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet captain aboard the starship Shenzhou.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star...oh-1201928889/

Comment

Bryan Fuller confirms that he hasn't just 'stepped away' as showrunner, but that he's actually not involved with the show at all any more.

Comment

Isn't Bryan working on American Gods?

Comment

Well, that's really disappointing to read.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X