Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.. What's your favorite Star trek novel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.. What's your favorite Star trek novel?

We have quite a lot of trek novels out there, from ones dealing with the time frame of the original series, plenty for voyager/DS9 and TNG, heck there are even ones where Riker is in command..

So which novel (or novels) are your fave?

it's a tie between Peter David's Once Burned Star Trek New Frontier's entry into the Captain's Table series with Captain Calhoun telling us the story of why he quit starfleet in his backstory.

And The Final Reflection by John M Ford a pre-TNG look at the Klingons and very different from what we got in the end.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I agree with New Frontier as an entry, but I'd have to choose Gods Above as number... 13 I think in the series.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Generally I don't read Trek novels, but I've been quite enjoying the series that follows on the end of Enterprise. They're entertaining, and retcon the horrendous TATV into something a little more salvageable.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well in that case I might give those a try.

I honestly never remember the titles, and so many times I've bought something that was 2 of 3 or otherwise out of sequence so that I missed the beginning and felt ripped off at the non-ending.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say "Dark Mirror", by Diane Duane.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
              Well in that case I might give those a try.

I honestly never remember the titles, and so many times I've bought something that was 2 of 3 or otherwise out of sequence so that I missed the beginning and felt ripped off at the non-ending.
              The series is ongoing/not concluded, but so far:
              1. "The Good That Men Do" - starts 2 days after "Terra Prime"
              2. "Kobayashi Maru" - May - July 2155
              3. "The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing" - July 2155 - June 2156
              4. "The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm" - June 2156 - Aug 2161
              5. "Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures" - Sept 2162 - May 2163
              6. "Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel" - Oct 2163 - Nov 2164
              7. "Rise of the Federation: Uncertain Logic" - Jan - June 2165
              8. "Rise of the Federation: Live by the Code" - comes out March 2016
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My favorites are Greg Cox's Eugenic Wars novels. I really love how he weaved the fictional war around real-world accounts, and weave together the various time-travel stories Trek has done over the years: "Tomorrow is Yesterday", The Voyage Home, "Little Green Men", "Future's End".
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  The series is ongoing/not concluded, but so far:
                  1. "The Good That Men Do" - starts 2 days after "Terra Prime"
                  2. "Kobayashi Maru" - May - July 2155
                  3. "The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing" - July 2155 - June 2156
                  4. "The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm" - June 2156 - Aug 2161
                  5. "Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures" - Sept 2162 - May 2163
                  6. "Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel" - Oct 2163 - Nov 2164
                  7. "Rise of the Federation: Uncertain Logic" - Jan - June 2165
                  8. "Rise of the Federation: Live by the Code" - comes out March 2016
                  Thanks so much!
                  sigpic

Comment

I like Spock's World by Diane Duane & Metamorphosis Jean Lorrah.

One I do not like is How Much Just for the Planet? by John M. Ford. I hear it one of those that people either love or hate.

Comment

My favourite is "A Stitch in Time"

It was written by Andrew Robinson and it's all about Garak's life. I've read it three times.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Time for Yesterday by A.C. Crispin, Spock's World by Diane Duane, Uhura's Song by Janet Kagan (I think that's the author's name), Ishmael by Barbara Hambly.

Comment

Working...
                        X