Q (Q Continuum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q (Q Continuum)

Hey all, I want to know what you think of Q and his powers. Some people from various boards think that Q is omnipotent as he says he is, others think that he is capable of travelling through space and time but what he does is an illusion and not happening in the real world. I believe he is telling the truth and based on what he did, Lady Q did and their son little Q did, I believe they're definitely telling the truth and are all powerful. What do you think about the Q Continuum?

It take him as he is presented, an omnipotent being.

Comment

In the book Q SQuared Q boasts of having met and spoken to God....... What about that?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Q may be omnipotent in later episodes, but he starts out as a run-of-the-mill super entity. I mean, he actually has to fly at warp speed to catch up with the Enterprise!
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Q may be omnipotent in later episodes, but he starts out as a run-of-the-mill super entity. I mean, he actually has to fly at warp speed to catch up with the Enterprise!
          That's a good point...... And there are others that compare to the Q in power almost. The Dowd for example. He singlehandedly wiped out an entire race no matter where they were with a thought.
          Last edited by Coco Pops; 28 March 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Agreed
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              In the book Q SQuared Q boasts of having met and spoken to God....... What about that?
              He also claimed that he was God ('Tapesty'). But we know he isn't.
              (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                He also claimed that he was God ('Tapesty'). But we know he isn't.
                Well how could he be? God would smack him upside the head, they are golfing buddies after all you know.

Comment

I always took at he was powerful, as was his race. They were all some sort of entity that could travel anyway in the universe in a second. However they were not "gods".
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    I always took at he was powerful, as was his race. They were all some sort of entity that could travel anyway in the universe in a second. However they were not "gods".
                    They were not gods because they didn't create this universe. But they were the next best thing: tey could use and manipulate space/time anyway they want.
                    Last edited by pakar; 01 April 2015, 05:48 AM.

Comment

I think they were "God's" afterall they were omnipotent and had unlimited power and possibly even infinite knowledge. Just because we classify God as the creator of the universe and omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent doesn't mean they're not "God's." They were always in existence, meaning they weren't born they were just always here. They weren't the Ancients, or the time lords, they didn't evolve and they weren't human... We may not call them God's but they kind of are...

Comment

Even Trelane was a member of the Q Continuum.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

They seem to be on the level of the Celestials from Marvel.

Comment

Trelane is a large part of the book Q Squared

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Trelane is a large part of the book Q Squared
                              Exactly! That's the book I read.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                              X