Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisko, the only captain to die in the line of duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sisko, the only captain to die in the line of duty?

i know this is a can of worms but I think Sisko could be the best Star Trek captain because I believe he is the only one to die in the line of duty?*

*ignoring the movies, alternate realities/timelines and only referencing what was seen in the TV series
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

He didn't die. In the series finale he went to live with the Prophets
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

From wikipedia:

Sisko fulfills the Prophets' destiny for him in the series finale, "What You Leave Behind", by confronting the Kosst Amojan-possessed Gul Dukat. They fight, and Dukat seems to be the winner, but in a last effort, Sisko throws himself and Dukat into the fiery abyss of the Bajoran Fire Caves, and Sisko is pulled into the Prophets' plane of existence to live with and learn from them. Sisko imparts a farewell to his new—and pregnant—wife, Kasidy Yates, informing her that although he does not know when, he will eventually return to her.

Comment

Which is a several-sentences-longer way of saying:

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        He didn't die. In the series finale he went to live with the Prophets
        Also, he's clearly not the only Starfleet captain to die in the line of duty.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Picard died 20 times...in one episode
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Kirk died while saving an entire Solar System. Spock as well (he was a Captain at the time)
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

We could say Janeway and Archer are the only captains not to die in the line of duty
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
              X