Escape Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape Pods

We've seen Defiant & Voyager escape pods. Presumably, the Enterprise-D would have been a similar, earlier design. There were a lot of design similarities between the Enterprise-D and Voyager, so that's not unreasonable. Imagine the difference between TNG's (boxy) shuttlecraft and VOY's (boxy) shuttlecraft. The only difference were the warp engines and some minor details.

What about the NCC-1701 and NX-01 Enterprises? What did they look like? I think the only time we ever saw an escape pod launch from Kirk's Enterprise was in the 2009 movie where it was launched from... an airlock. We saw escape pods launch from the mirror Enterprise in ENT's "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part I." However, the ship was cloaked, and the shot was very brief. It looked like they all jettisoned from one deck.

Has there ever been proposed concept art for what escape pods would look like from either ship?

I don't think the normal NX-01 had escape pods. Neither did the NCC-1701.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

How do you know? Who builds a starship without escape pods? I figure the NX-01 would at least have a few big escape pods, like the Saratoga from DS9's "Emissary." The ship appeared to have two, big escape pods. Each one seemed big enough to take half the crew.

Comment

The NX-01 Did have them. You see them in 'In a Mirror Darkly'. Now granted that was an alternate reality but you'd expect our Universe to be the same in that regard.

Those pods were launched after sections of the hull were blown away and jettisoned. This revealed the escape pod underneath which then launched.
        It is possible that 1701 had a similar method of deployment. The same with the Excelsior and Oberth designs which also did not have visible escape pods.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
        X