Kes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kes

In the episode "The Gift" Kess left Voyager, but I never really understood where she went? And how did she acquire such power, do all Ocompas have that ability? In the first Voyager episode The Caretaker, there was no real hint that the Ocompas had such power. But in the episode where Voyager finds a space station with Ocampas in it the guy tried to teach such similar powers? I am a little confused, can somebody please help me clear this up.

One other question in the episode I think it's called Fury in season 6 she comes back to try and destroy Voyager, why was she so peed off?

Thanks

they do process that kind of power, except the people on the home world don't explore it anymore. kes begins to once she is on voyager

as for where kes went, i never really got that either. i personally kept thinking it was like she accended (since i watched sg-1 before it). so became energy.

after seeing fury, i definetly still don't get what she was mad about. it was her decision to leave, janeway tried to stop her. and so she blames her for letting her leave.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      they do process that kind of power, except the people on the home world don't explore it anymore. kes begins to once she is on voyager

as for where kes went, i never really got that either. i personally kept thinking it was like she accended (since i watched sg-1 before it). so became energy.

after seeing fury, i definetly still don't get what she was mad about. it was her decision to leave, janeway tried to stop her. and so she blames her for letting her leave.
      It begs another question if it is the case why have her people stopped using their powers, and the space faring ones do?

I find Fury a confusing episode, as she left Voyager on a good note and left them with a gift of getting them 3000 light years closer to home.

I don't know whether she acended as such, perhaps gone to some sort of parallel world, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        It begs another question if it is the case why have her people stopped using their powers, and the space faring ones do?

I find Fury a confusing episode, as she left Voyager on a good note and left them with a gift of getting them 3000 light years closer to home.

I don't know whether she acended as such, perhaps gone to some sort of parallel world, maybe.
        1. The people in space began using these abilities probably due to Suspiria's influence.
        2. The people home didn't use them because they didn't need them.
        3. She was pissed of because ascension wasn't what it was cracked up to be and she probably spent several years in misery and eventually began to blame Janeway(such "amnesias" happen in real life).
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The problem with "Fury" is that it should have been a two-parter. The story needed to be fleshed out. Where did Kes go when she evolved into a white energy cloud? Why did she return to her Ocampan form? "Before and After" suggested old age would not hit until she was nine years old, so why does she look so old at six? Perhaps using her powers as much as she did aged her? Perhaps the writers forgot about aging details from "Before and After," an episode that aired three years prior to "Fury?" Probably. Kes's change of heart at the end was too... easy. This should have been a much bigger confrontation with Janeway, Tuvok, the Doctor, and Neelix confronting their lost friend. How is Kes going to get home in that little shuttlecraft? This should have been addressed as well. Perhaps her shuttle had transwarp capabilities?

"Fury" was a fun episode, but it left far too many questions unanswered. Maybe that was intentional?

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
            With the Caretaker providing for every need the Ocampans could possibly have, they could have lost or never gain their ability because they had no reason to develop them. Suspiria had a different approach, and could have seen their mental ability and decided to help them develop it so they'd be more self sufficient rather than relying on herself and the Caretaker.

sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do ya'll think Kes's story should have ended with "The Gift?" Me, I'll always think of that as the end of Kes's story. That said, it was still nice to see Jennifer Lein back as Kes one last time in "Fury."

Comment

i agree. i liked that they brought her back, but nothing in that episode. it should have been a friendly visit.
                sigpic

Comment

I still find a few inconsistancies, I mean if you are capable of such powers why would the Ocumpas not utilise them? Caretaker or not I would harness them, especially because they wouldn't be so worried about the Kazon.
                  The powers she demonstrated in the gift seem almost god like, for such a little creature to be able to hurl a starship almost 10,000 lightyears in a matter of seconds needs serious power and energy. I would still like to know if she did "ascend", where did she ascend to? I would guess she went to the same plane that susperia resides in. Don't know I guess it's all conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, do ya'll think Kes's story should have ended with "The Gift?" Me, I'll always think of that as the end of Kes's story. That said, it was still nice to see Jennifer Lein back as Kes one last time in "Fury."

i agree with this completely. the gift should've been it for her character.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Were you happy to see Kes one last time in "Fury?" It wasn't as good as "The Gift," but it was still nice to see her one last time. Really, how can one top "The Gift?"

Comment

it was nice to see her character in fury but i think the gift should've been her last appearance.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Any ideas on how to improve "Fury" so that it could be a worthy final appearance? As I said earlier, it should have been a two-parter to allow the writers to flesh out the story.

Comment

i think it should have not have kes be mad for no reason (which takes out most of the ep) and have it be a somewhat reunion, and maybe some reason why she went back to voyager (like someone chasing her or something). then the ending be the same that she goes back to her home planet.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of Kes returning as a villain. However, her fall, villainous rampage, and redemption needed to be explored. As the episode stands, we have no idea why she's so angry. Something about Voyager taking her from Ocampa, but wasn't that her idea to begin with? Her redemption was too easy. A hologram of young Kes tells old Kes to let it go and go home. "I remember now!" That's it? It made her look like she had dimentia. The story was good in concept, but it really needed to be a two-parter. This would allow time to explore her fall and redemption.

Comment

Working...
                              X