Top 3 Favourite Star Trek Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3 Favourite Star Trek Characters

Simple. Put in your Top 3 favourite Star Trek characters, why you like them and a nice little quote.

3) Jonathan Archer - My favourite captain, he had the strongest sense of exploration, despite the changes brought on by the Xindi mission. He looked after each and every one of his crew and achieved the honor of being in charge of Earth's first Warp 5 ship, not to mention captaining a ship named Enterprise.
    "I'm Captain Jonathan Archer of the starship Enterprise."

2) Q - Q represents freedom in its purest form. The power to do whatever you wished. Something we all would like. Besides that, he has a very developed sense of humor and he is very likeable and clearly wishes to be so.
    "THE BORG ARE FIRING WE'RE GONNA DIE!!! *grin* And it's your fault."

1) Arik Soong/Lore - I put both because despite Lore's evil nature, they have quite similar personalities and I like the two equally. Both had determination to achieve their goals(one through genetics, the other through cybernetics) and had a very amusing sense of humor.
    "Your crew could use a sense of humor, Captain."
    "Thank you for my human qualities, Dr Soong!"
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

wow this hard, i love a lot of characters. though i've only seen DS9 and VOY all the way through. so from those:

odo: i guess being quiet myself and often feeling like an outsider i can relate to him. plus hes just an awesome character that changes a lot throughout the show. and i love his relationship with Kira (and quark lol)

nog: i love how they show him grow up throughout show. he starts off as a mistrivis teenage ferengi to a great starfleet officer. his character literately grows up on the show. and in the end becomes an officer that Sisko never regrets giving the opportunity to join starfleet.

the doctor (EMH): again another character that develops a lot over the show. he starts off strictly as a program. and in the end of the show he is a respected, somewhat sarcastic , but great officer and friend to all the crew.
    sigpic

Comment

Here's my pick
      ODO, Quark, Data

Comment

Only three? Ouch, tough call! I will therefore separate them into top 3 main characters, and top 3 recurring characters... but even that will be difficult!

Top 3 Main Characters (in no particular order):
        • Data - I love his deadpan delivery, and watching him growing as a character as he attempts to understand, emulate and ultimately experience humanity provides an interesting insight into TNG. Also, I share his fondness for Holmes.
        • Quark - It was a tough call between Quark and Odo, but I feel that Quark offers an entirely new perspective into DS9, and he works so well with so many characters.
        • The EMH - Again, love the sense of humour and deadpan statements, and can sympathise with the hologram's frustration over the organic crew. Best thing to ever happen in Voyager was giving the EMH a mobile transmitter.

Top 3 Recurring Characters (in no particular order):
        • Lwaxana Troi - She steals every scene she appears in, I love her OTT personality, and how she irritates everybody in a benign way. There's also a vulnerability about her, which we see in both TNG and DS9.
        • Garak - This one was a really tough call, because I have so many favourite DS9 recurring characters... Rom, Dukat, Damar, Martok... but in the end I have to go with Garak, for being the greyest shade out there and keeping everybody on their toes. Although I like what they did with Dukat, and I enjoyed watching his descent into madness (the sadist in me...) his tone did irritate me at times. Rom was a great supporting character, full of hidden strength, but I don't think I could list him in the top 3. Likewise, I like where they took Damar's character and gave him depth and vulnerability, but he's not really present enough to make my top 3. And Martok... who doesn't love Martok? But alas, Garak's line about never telling the same lie twice won me over in the end.
        • Q - As portrayed by John de Lancie. I loved his casual arrogance, and his bitter rivalry with a mere mortal (Picard). But again, this was a tough choice, as there are so many great supporting/recurring characters out there.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Garak
          Quark
          Garak

Comment

Oh good gracious, that's hard. Star Trek is chalk full of amazing characters! But I suppose if I had to narrow down it would be:

1. Captain Kathryn Janeway - She's brilliant, a great leader, very caring and yet not afraid to tell you like it is. The woman negotiated with the freakin' Borg! She held up well under some extreme circumstances. Not many captains could've handled being stranded out there (just look at capt. Ransom). She was just an amazing woman and an amazing captain.

2. Dr. Julian Bashir - What's not to like about this guy? He's charming, out going, fun, one of, if not the most intelligent human being in the universe and not to mention he's by far the best looking guy in the entire franchise . Yeah, I've got more than a little crush on him . What can I say? I got a thing for superhumans

3. Dr. Leonard McCoy - Not sure I would've included him about a year ago, but after watching more of TOS and the TOS movies I've come to absolutely love the guy! His conversations with Spock are by far my favorite thing about TOS. And I love how he'll give anyone a piece of his mind, no matter who they are.

Honorable mentions: Kira Nerys, Spock, Sarek, Tuvok, B'Elanna Torres, Elim Garak, Spot, Capt. Picard and Reginald Barclay.

I can honestly say I did not expect my top three to be all humans, especially with how obsessed I am with Vulcans.

Comment

DS9 Kira
              TNG Q
              Voyager Seven of Nine

Comment

Q - Loved watching John de Lancie torment multiple generations of uptight captains and officers as everyone's favorite godlike space troll. A great example of a character that was really made by the actor playing him. Could easily have been very boring otherwise.

Garak - Really complex deep character capable of everything from menace to humor. Dukat is also an honorable mention for me, as he was above, but ultimately looses out because I think they really tanked his character toward the end of the series.

Miles O'Brien - The most tormented man in Starfleet. Every episode centering on Mr. O'Brien also almost always centered on horrible things happening/being done to Mr. O'Brien. You can't help but feel for the guy. I also just liked him overall. Seemed like a guy I'd actually want to work alongside much more than some of the others.

Comment

Jean-Luc Picard
                  James T. Kirk
                  Gul Dukat
                  Originally posted by Descended
                  That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Garak, probably the best-written character of them all.
                    Archer, had decent character development from eager explorer to seasoned warrior.
                    Data, simply a cool character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kirk, Spock, McCoy had the best character interactions to me even though I sorta liked Spock more than the other two.

Data definitely was one of the best as well. Wanted to share this:

Comment

This is just so tough but here goes.

Mr Spock.
                        i like Spock because of his relationship with Captain Kirk.
                        Also the fact he has both a human side and a vulcan side.
                        live long and prosper the needs of the many outway the needs of the few.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Mr Data.
                        Mainly because he is an android but as time goes on he seems to develop human emotions he does develop human like emotions in a certain episode involving the Borg queen.

also his relationship with geordi la Forge.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Mr Scott.
                        One thing i love about beam me up Scotty is how he says he will need a certain amout of time to do something then Captain after he was demoted from Admiral in the voyage home fim) Kirk will say ill give you less time and some how Scott always manages to do it.

Beam me up scotty.heh

Comment

Garak - Epitome of a fascinating character and steals almost every scene he was in. Andrew Robinson is seriously underrated, too many glorious Garak quotes to mention.

Odo - His pessimism and lack of ability to care about anything made him a glorious character.

Weyoun - Absolute smug slimebag, Jeffrey Combs is a god.
                          Tst

Comment

Uh... I've most recently seen DS9

1. Dr. Bashir/ Chief O'Brien
                            2. Data/ EMH
                            3. Kira/ Jadzia Dax
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Only really watched Voyager & the 09 movie so...

1 Captain Catherine Janeway

2 Seven Of Nine

3 Spock
                              I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                              traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X