William Shatner guest host on the BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William Shatner guest host on the BBC

Just been fortunate enough to see William Shatner as Guest Host on the topical news quiz "Have I got news for you" on the BBC - absolutely hilarious and he was brilliant - I'd recommend watching it if you haven't. Also plenty of Star Trek references.

Coming from North Devon, I loved his references to Ilfracombe as a town laced in prostitution and can't wait to hear the local councillors' views on this endorsement for the town.

If the hat fits, wear it?
    sigpic

Comment

Just watched it; the best guest host of this series so far! "Greece's attempt to Klingon to the Euro"
      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

His songs were great. "God save the queen"
        sigpic

Comment

It was rather surreal and very, very funny. He really makes a great host.

Comment

Just watched it now. Rocket man was brilliant!

Comment

I knew the worthies from Ilfracombe wouldn't appreciate the comments - page 2 of our weekly local paper:

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/VI...ail/story.html

Comment

I heard about this. I also read that some Lib Dem moron put in a complaint to the BBC and the Equality/Human Rights committee, complaining that Cornish people are discriminated against, owing to comments about how people in Truro are easily confused.

What a prat.
                Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by tiernsee View Post
                  I knew the worthies from Ilfracombe wouldn't appreciate the comments - page 2 of our weekly local paper:

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/VI...ail/story.html
                  At least this guy got the right idea:

Ilfracombe Team Sergeant Mike Warriner said Mr Shatner's comments had no legal basis. He said: "There is certainly no problem with prostitution in Ilfracombe. We have never had any complaints of this nature.

"I wouldn't take offence to it though. I suspect it was merely a light hearted joke."
                  My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Working...
                  X