No announcement yet.

The Borg Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the origins, there are several options.
    A) She is a crazy Vulcan from Legacy(worst theory ever).
    B) She is a Starfleet technician.
    C) She was assimilated and the Borg realized that a leader would make things more efficient.
    D) Something else.

My choice is D. I also came up once with a curious theory of who the Borg were.

They were originally an experimental nanovirus created by a scientist and his female assistant(Borg Queen). The scientist screwed up a bit and somehow infected himself with nanoprobes. The nanoprobes healed his sickness and made him feel better so he started adding implants onto himself and became obsessed with assimilating new technology to help himself until accidentally assimilating other people who also became obsessed. The people and the scientist became the origin of the Collective and they began to seek perfection. The female assistant probably agreed but made a deal with the Collective to help them if she is allowed immortality and all. She became the Queen and the Collective(who have forgotten all about their original bodies) became searching for perfection by assimilating everything they can.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The other option is the Destiny Trilogy books. The Borg Queen was trying to acheive a perverted path to perfection when she was part of a race that the NX-02 Columbia discovered. The race used incredibly advanced nanites to do whatever they wanted. A disaster happened and the Borg Queen went back in time where her nanites were damaged. So for thousands of years she was trying to acheieve that.

That is the best summary I can give because it has been years since I read the books. The books are non-canon but were the best Trek books I have read in a long time.
      Hi There!

Comment

Perhaps the Queen was like uni Matrix 0, an anomaly that occurred randomly why the Borg was assimilating a cybernetic/Android race into the collective.

Rushy, you idea is not entire original, i cant remember which novel it was in, but there were hints in one of the novels that the Borg started of as a science project that went out of control, it was not explicitly said they turn into Borg but it was heavily hinted.
        Last edited by knowles2; 19 May 2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          They were originally an experimental nanovirus created by a scientist and his female assistant(Borg Queen). The scientist screwed up a bit and somehow infected himself with nanoprobes. The nanoprobes healed his sickness and made him feel better so he started adding implants onto himself and became obsessed with assimilating new technology to help himself until accidentally assimilating other people who also became obsessed. The people and the scientist became the origin of the Collective and they began to seek perfection. The female assistant probably agreed but made a deal with the Collective to help them if she is allowed immortality and all. She became the Queen and the Collective(who have forgotten all about their original bodies) became searching for perfection by assimilating everything they can.
          My problem with this is that it means there was virtually no growth for over hundreds or thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Perhaps the Queen was like uni Matrix 0, an anomaly that occurred randomly why the Borg was assimilating a cybernetic/Android race into the collective.

Rushy, you idea is not entire original, i cant remember which novel it was in, but there were hints in one of the novels that the Borg started of as a science project that went out of control, it was not explicitly said they turn into Borg but it was heavily hinted.
            Not a bad idea. Maybe the Borg assimilated some culture that disrupted the Hive Mind, and it created the Borg Queen.

Though it is interesting that the Borg Queen despite being killed on multiple occasions will come back to the same body (or two different bodies if you want to believe the difference between the First Contact Queen and the VOY Queen is actually different in-univrese). So maybe the Queen herself wasn't assimilated but created after an image or the original body of some species. Not only that but it may have happened early in the Borg History considering how low the Queen's species number is. I have to look it up to find out what it is.
            Hi There!

Comment

Species 125, according to Memory Alpha.
              sigpic

Comment

I always hated that scene in "Dark Frontier." The writers should have ran with the idea that she was the embodiment of the Borg rather than someone who was assimilated and promoted to queen.

Comment

Working...
                X