Voyager's Flight Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Has anyone ever thought about how coincidental it was for all of the ship's discoveries to end up in it's flight plan? Dreadnought, the two Ferengi from that TNG episode, Equinox, the wormhole back in time to Romulan space, the Hirogen communications network spanning back to the Beta Quadrant, the Talaxian colony, the Raven (Seven's parents' ship), and so on. Really, I found myself often thinking, "What are the chances of this being in Voyager's path?" The Delta Quadrant is big, a fourth of the galaxy, and Voyager was only exploring space around their flight plan. I'm just curious if anyone else picked up on this.
    I blame Q. That likeable rogue clearly put all of those things in Voyager's path.

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    then what do you want the show to be about?

oh look chakotay the worst character ever, more empty space. this makes riveting television.
    Really? I thought he was quite an interesting character. Sort of like the opposite of most other Starfleet officers we see. You don't get much spirituality in Star Trek, with probably the Bajorans being the most spiritual aspect of the shows. So it was interesting to have the new dynamic of a spiritual character in the middle of a group of by-the-book officers.

Besides, I thought Harry Kim was supposed to be the worst character ever (though I liked him too).
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

i liked chakotay, though i wish he didn't end up with seven. that story was random and didn't make sense. and i also like harry (though he should have been promoted!)
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest, yes some of them were convenient.

If we take the episode with the two Ferengi and the wormhole, the only thing I find odd about it, was the fact Voyager did not go looking for the wormhole, instead they just accidentally arrive at its location.

Georgi and Data must have had the rough coordinates of where they were. Plus it would have been more plausible that they came up with the plan to stabilise the wormhole over several months/years rather than just a few days after finding it.

It not so much the convenience that the problem, it more the lack of build up. For example should not neelix ship have detected the Equinox? why did they not go an investigate Kes planet, or try to communicate with the care taker after all the captain was suppose to be an expert in first contact situations.

The dreadnought was unforgivable, but if it was heavily rewritten it could be made to make sense, through why the care takeer would bring back a ship with no life on it would still be a mystery
        Last edited by knowles2; 15 May 2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X