The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this 2-part question ranks as a "ringer"

What was the name of the slum District in San Francisco we saw Sisko/Gabriel Bell visited in the great DS9 II part episode Past Tense? ___

We heard 4 different slang terms used to describe the San Francisco residents living in the slum - Try to name all 4? ___, ___, ___, ___
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
      I think this 2-part question ranks as a "ringer"

What was the name of the slum District in San Francisco we saw Sisko/Gabriel Bell visited in the great DS9 II part episode Past Tense? ___

We heard 4 different slang terms used to describe the San Francisco residents living in the slum - Try to name all 4? ___, ___, ___, ___
      It was Sanctuary District A. As for the four slang terms, I only recall three that were used in the two-parter: gimmes, ghosts, and dims. If there was a fourth one, I don't remember it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        It was Sanctuary District A. As for the four slang terms, I only recall three that were used in the two-parter: gimmes, ghosts, and dims. If there was a fourth one, I don't remember it.
        Very good brother CF. - I knew the 4rth one would trip most of you up.

It was "Cards" The security force police units called them Cards as negative slang term because they needed to carry there identification card with them at all times.

How was the real Gabriel Bell killed?

And with what type of weapon?
        The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

I don't think "Gimmies" was one of the slang terms brother Fuzz. Brother USS Defiant is right in that they did use the term Cards as a negative connotation.

The other negative slang term they used was "Lurks" - which is funny, because us Sicilians use the slang term Lurky (a play on the word "Lurker") to describe a suspicious looking or disheveled person.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

He was killed when he tried to help Sisko and Bashir

I believe he was stabbed in the side or back with a homemade looking knife/shank

What basically stopped the USS Defiant (and crew) from disappearing from existence when Gabriel Bell was killed?
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              He was killed when he tried to help Sisko and Bashir

I believe he was stabbed in the side or back with a homemade looking knife/shank

What basically stopped the USS Defiant (and crew) from disappearing from existence when Gabriel Bell was killed?
              Treknobabble. Ahem...well, the chronitons in the ablative armor matrix entered a high state of temporal polarization because of a temporal explosion from a microsingularity which created the time travel situation in the first place. These same chronitons formed a subspace bubble around the Defiant, protecting them from the changes in the timeline. Like I said, Treknobabble.

In Past Tense II, O'Brien wore a certain costume while traveling to Earth's past. He previously wore that same costume in a previous early season 2 episode. Which one?
              sigpic

Comment

Treknobabble. Ahem...well, the chronitons in the ablative armor matrix entered a high state of temporal polarization because of a temporal explosion from a microsingularity which created the time travel situation in the first place. These same chronitons formed a subspace bubble around the Defiant, protecting them from the changes in the timeline. Like I said, Treknobabble.
                Your Trek knowledge is amazing brother Fuzz - "warp bubble" would have been acceptable.

I stand corrected on Gimmies as well. That subject got me thinking so I delved into my notes from the episode Past Tense, and found they did use the slang term "Gimmies" and another one "Ghosts" as well as the other 4 mentioned above. So there 6 slang terms in all brother USS Defiant, you dork! just kidding my friend.

In Past Tense II, O'Brien wore a certain costume while traveling to Earth's past. He previously wore that same costume in a previous early season 2 episode. Which one?
                I have no idea on this one. So I am going to take a wild guess and say it's the pretty decent DS9 season II episode Armageddon Game - where O'Brien and Bashir get in trouble off world.

Here's an easy one from Past Tense: Part II...
                Who was Governor of California when the Bell riot took place in San Francisco?
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  Your Trek knowledge is amazing brother Fuzz - "warp bubble" would have been acceptable.

I stand corrected on Gimmies as well. That subject got me thinking so I delved into my notes from the episode Past Tense, and found they did use the slang term "Gimmies" and another one "Ghosts" as well as the other 4 mentioned above. So there 6 slang terms in all brother USS Defiant, you dork! just kidding my friend.

I have no idea on this one. So I am going to take a wild guess and say it's the pretty decent DS9 season II episode Armageddon Game - where O'Brien and Bashir get in trouble off world.

Here's an easy one from Past Tense: Part II...
                  Who was Governor of California when the Bell riot took place in San Francisco?
                  O'Brien had worn that same costume in "The Homecoming." As for the Governor, it was Governor Chen during the Bell Riots.

Danny Webb told his father Michael that his wife and daughter were staying with a particular family in the sanctuary district in order to be safe during the civil unrest. What was the last name of the family?
                  sigpic

Comment

Danny Webb told his father Michael that his wife and daughter were staying with a particular family in the sanctuary district in order to be safe during the civil unrest. What was the last name of the family?
                    I'm a little confused by the question brother CF - Danny Webb was married? I'm going to guess the Preston family, which O know is wrong. Because if I remember right Preston was the name of the negotiator

What was Michael Webb's job before he became a figurehead for civil rights in the Sanctuary District?
                    The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

He was a plant manager. What they produced I don't know.

In "Far Beyond the Stars" many DS9 character were in Sisko's 1950's dream. Can you name all the DS9 characters that appeared in the 1950s.

(ex: One answers is Sisko not Benny Russell)
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                        I'm a little confused by the question brother CF - Danny Webb was married? I'm going to guess the Preston family, which O know is wrong. Because if I remember right Preston was the name of the negotiator

What was Michael Webb's job before he became a figurehead for civil rights in the Sanctuary District?
                        Oops. That was poor wording on my part. Danny was definitely not married. But Michael's wife (Danny's mother) and the daughter were with another family while all the action was going down. Hint: You're VERY close with the name Preston. Switch some of the letters around in that last name and you've got it.

In Far Beyond the Stars, the entire main cast appears. Of the secondaries: Nog, Weyoun, Dukat, Martok, Kasidy, and Joseph Sisko. Damar doesn't appear until Shadows and Symbols.
                        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 11 September 2010, 11:24 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oops. That was poor wording on my part. Danny was definitely not married. But Michael's wife (Danny's mother) and the daughter were with another family while all the action was going down. Hint: You're VERY close with the name Preston. Switch some of the letters around in that last night and you've got it. ;]
                          It was the Peterson family that Michael Webb left his daughter and wife with. Your clue to brother USS Defiant gave it to me brother Fuzz.

What was the name of the piece of legislation that was basically blamed for the creation the Sanctuary Districts?
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What was the name of the piece of legislation that was basically blamed for the creation the Sanctuary Districts?
                            I'm not sure if this is the legislation you are were looking for, but I do remember something called the Federal Employment Act.

What was the name of the wealthy savior who helped Dax when she was lost in 21rst century San Francisco?

Comment

What was the name of the wealthy savior who helped Dax when she was lost in 21rst century San Francisco?
                              That would be one Chris Brynar (not sure on the spelling)

What was the name of the communications enterprise he was the head of?

Comment

What was the name of the communications enterprise he was the head of?
                                Chris Brynner was the head of Channel 90 of the Net

Chris Brynner took notice of Jadzia's spots, telling her that he once got a tattoo on skiing trip in New Zealand - What kind of tattoo did Brynner recieve?
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X