The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
    I got the first 2, but I always assumed he was recruited and not kidnapped?.
    LOL, I thought this might trip a few of you up. They did recruit him, but not until after it was revealed what the real reason they kidnapped him was. BTW: You and Fan-e-gate got the first 2 correct.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      I thought this might trip a few of you up. They did recruit him, but not until after it was revealed what the real reason they kidnapped him was.
      Agent Sloan from Section 31 originally kidnapped Dr. Bashir to try and convince him that he was a Dominion spy. Which failed miserably and when Sloan relaized that Bashir was nothing short of a genius, he tried to recruit him to join Section 31 (at first willingly, then basically by force).
      The USS Defiant Rocks!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        Agent Sloan from Section 31 originally kidnapped Dr. Bashir to try and convince him that he was a Dominion spy. Which failed miserably and when Sloan relaized that Bashir was nothing short of a genius, he tried to recruit him to join Section 31 (at first willingly, then basically by force).
        Very good brother USS Defiant. Sloan did indeed kidnap Bashir to convice him he was a Dominion spy. William Sadler's portrayal of Agent Sloan was nothing short of brilliant. What a great and evil character!
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hello my fellow Trek brethren. I have a series of "Q" related questions today. Please leave answers under a [spoiler tag], and I will post answers tomorrow.
          What is the word that Q uttered that had never been heard before on any Star Trek series or movie?

As celebration for being allowed back in to the Continuum - What did he bring with him on to the bridge of the Enterprise?

Who once stabbed Q? ... Where was Q stabbed?

What uniform did Q don when he was showing Janeway the Continuum at war?

What does Q do when he uses his powers?

Name the 2 characters that shared there bed (as seen on the screen) with Q?

Who created the name Q? ... How did the name come about?
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great quiz brother Fifth, challenging but not ridiculously hard, and fun to take as always.
            Spoiler:
            1. I remember reading about this, but I can't remember???

2. A Mariachi Band (hilarious "mi Capitan")

3. Guinan ..... She stabbed him in the hand

4. Q wore a Union uniform from the US Civil War

5. Snaps his fingers

6. Janeway and ???

7. no idea on either of those questions???
            I drew a blank on a few of the questions, but I think I did pretty well.

Comment

Hello my fellow Star Trek friends. I wanted to start an All Purpose Star Trek Trivia Thread where I will post daily Star Trek Trivia questions that will cover all the various Star Trek television series and movies. This doesn't mean I have to be the only one to post Star Trek Trivia or Question's, anyone can post up a question or a piece of trivia at anytime (it's appreciated). I also want this thread to be a place where you can share or learn any and all Star Trek Trivia and related minutiae.
              What a great idea brother Fifth. I can't think of anyone better to host a thread like this. The "all purpose Star Trek quizzes" you create and run on the DS9 superior thread are wonderful and very fun. I will make sure I stop by frequently. I have a few Star Trek trivia questions in my bag.

Comment

Great Quiz Fifth Race. Like brother Starbase, I drew a blank on a few of the questions, but it wasn't to bad. It was definietly fun as always.
                What is the word that Q uttered that had never been heard before on any Star Trek series or movie?
                Spoiler:
                I have no idea?

As celebration for being allowed back in to the Continuum - What did he bring with him on to the bridge of the Enterprise?
                Spoiler:
                I believe it was a Mexican Mariachi band in full regalia

Spoiler:
                Guinan showed hatred for Q -- Right in the palm of his hand

Spoiler:
                A Civil War uniform

Spoiler:
                No idea

Spoiler:
                Picard & Janeway. I'm sure he shared Vash's bed as well, but we never saw that.

Spoiler:
                Gene Roddenberry coined the word Q first -- I have no idea how it came about?

Comment

Q-Quiz Answers:
                  Spoiler:
                  1) Q was the first character to specifically say "Trek" (not Star Trek, someone else said that first). I believe he uttered it in the TNG finale All Good Thing's ...
                  2) A colorful Mariachi band
                  3) Guinan // in the hand
                  4) A Civil War Union uniform (Blue in color)
                  5) you got me on this one?
                  6) Janeway and Picard
                  7) Roddenberry himself coined the term Q // you got me on this one as well?
                  Outstanding my friend!. You got me on 2 of those questions. Well done lol.
                  The USS Defiant Rocks!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Well. I'll admit I'm stumped.
                    Spoiler:
                    A mariachi band, cigars, and a couple of women. I can't recall if liquor was involved.

Spoiler:
                    Guinan. On the back of his hand, if I recall.

Spoiler:
                    A Civil War uniform. For the North, I think.

Spoiler:
                    Snaps his fingers, usually.

Spoiler:
                    Picard & Janeway.

Spoiler:
                    Gene Roddenberry. It was the first letter of a fan's last name.
                    Last edited by Fan-e-Gate; 27 May 2010, 05:11 PM. Reason: HTML fail

Comment

I got a 3 fairly easy "guess the quote" questions for everyone. Good Luck

"In an insane society, a sane man will appear to be insane" ?

"Captain, I must protest! I am not a merry man!" ?

"I refuse to believe the universe is so poorly designed that your in charge!" ?

Comment

"In an insane society, a sane man will appear to be insane" ? --
                        That sounds like Kirk or Counselor Troi, not sure.

"Captain, I must protest! I am not a merry man!" ? --
                        That's Worf all the way. I loved that TNG episode (Qpid) where that line came from.

"I refuse to believe the universe is so poorly designed that your in charge!" ? --
                        Hmm, that sounds like Picard or Janeway?.

Great guess the "quote questions" brother Starbase.

Comment

"In an insane society, a sane man will appear to be insane" ? - That's a classic Spock line

"Captain, I must protest! I am not a merry man!" ? - Worf in Q's Sherwood forest

"I refuse to believe the universe is so poorly designed that your in charge!" ? - Picard talking to Q

Great "guess the quote questions" brother Starbase.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I got a few "Guess the Quote Questions" today.

"I'm trying to thank you, you pointy-eared hobgoblin!" ?___

"There's coffee in that nebula." ?___

"Someone once said...'Don't try to be a great man...just be a man. And let history make its own judgements." ?___
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

"Someone once said...'Don't try to be a great man...just be a man. And let history make its own judgements." ?___
                              Spoiler:
                              1) McCoy
                              2) Janeway
                              3) Zefram Cochrane

edit duh: That's Riker talking about Cochrane.
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 29 May 2010, 10:40 AM.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Great stuff brother Fifth Race. I have a handful of Star Trek Trivia questions I have put together. I will post them up tomorrow.
                                Spoiler:
                                LOL, that one is easy, Bones of course
                                Spoiler:
                                Has to Janeway, Ms Coffee herself

Spoiler:
                                That is Riker talking to Cochrane when he was doubting what he needed to do from the great Trek movie First Contact

Comment

Working...
                                X