No announcement yet.

The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which episode of Voyager took place mostly, as Tom Paris put it so well, "50,000 light-years away in another layer of space"? - That's a line from the VOY season 5 episode Gravity - where Paris and Tuvok crash on a seemingly deserted planet where they are stranded with a female alien that falls in love with Tuvok. I believe Paris was referencing Tuvok's wife which was at the time 50,000 light years away as compared to the 70,000 light years they were originally thrown away from the Alpha Quadrant because of the 20,000 years they knocked off in there 5 years of travel (that's how I knew to look in a season V episode for the answer). So I started sifting through my season V VOY notes (I have personal reviews and notes on every VOY episode). Thank God I found the answer fairly quickly, that was a toughie.

What was the name of the female alien that fell in love with Tuvok in the VOY episode Gravity?
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      Which episode of Voyager took place mostly, as Tom Paris put it so well, "50,000 light-years away in another layer of space"? - That's a line from the VOY season 5 episode Gravity - where Paris and Tuvok crash on a seemingly deserted planet where they are stranded with a female alien that falls in love with Tuvok. I believe Paris was referencing Tuvok's wife which was at the time 50,000 light years away as compared to the 70,000 light years they were originally thrown away from the Alpha Quadrant because of the 20,000 years they knocked off in there 5 years of travel (that's how I knew to look in a season V episode for the answer). So I started sifting through my season V VOY notes (I have personal reviews and notes on every VOY episode). Thank God I found the answer fairly quickly, that was a toughie.

What was the name of the female alien that fell in love with Tuvok in the VOY episode Gravity?
      Exactly correct, Brother Fifth. I knew you'd get that one. Gravity was one of my favorite Voyager episodes, and a big part of that was Noss, the woman who fell in love with Tuvok.

Next question: Tuvok liked to meditate, especially using his meditation lamp. However, there was one instance where Tuvok was using his meditation lamp in the astrometrics lab. Which episode did that take place in?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Next question: Tuvok liked to meditate, especially using his meditation lamp. However, there was one instance where Tuvok was using his meditation lamp in the astrometrics lab. Which episode did that take place in?
        I see you have been watching some VOY season V lately brother Fuzz. This one I didn't have to think about for to long - I believe that was from the rather mundane VOY season V premiere Night.

This one shouldn't be to hard:
        What VOY episode did we see Tuvok try to train former Maquis crew-members to Starfleet standards?
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          I see you have been watching some VOY season V lately brother Fuzz. This one I didn't have to think about for to long - I believe that was from the rather mundane VOY season V premiere Night.

This one shouldn't be to hard:
          What VOY episode did we see Tuvok try to train former Maquis crew-members to Starfleet standards?
          That would be Learning Curve from season 1.

Actually, I haven't watched any Voyager in about a year. I don't have any of the episodes on DVD. Though I love DS9, I kind of miss Voyager in a weird way. I'm having to re-live some very good episodes (like Gravity ) using my memory. I'm still saving up for the 7 seasons of DVDs. One day...

OK, next question: The Cardassians and the Dominion essentially wiped out the Maquis. They weren't seen again for the rest of DS9 after which episode?
          sigpic

Comment

Blaze of Glory. Bye, Eddington!
            Spoiler:

Speaking of the Maquis... How old was the engine on Chakotay's Maquis raider?
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Blaze of Glory. Bye, Eddington!

Speaking of the Maquis... How old was the engine on Chakotay's Maquis raider?
              39. Torres says in Caretaker, "How am I supposed to be creative with a 39-year-old rebuilt engine?"

Another engine question: Which DS9 episode established that the Defiant would tear itself apart if its engines were brought to full capacity?
              sigpic

Comment

The Search pt 1.

What was the cause of Data's strange dreams in Phantasms?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  What was the cause of Data's strange dreams in Phantasms?
                  That would be the new dream sequence sub-routine he installed. The time he dreams of cutting a cake reminded me of the Tom Petty video "Don't come around here anymore". Phantasms was one creepy but very good episode, good question brother nx.

Sticking with the TNG episode Phantasms ....
                  What very strange thing was Dr. Crusher doing in one of the dream sequences?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                    That would be the new dream sequence sub-routine he installed. The time he dreams of cutting a cake reminded me of the Tom Petty video "Don't come around here anymore". Phantasms was one creepy but very good episode, good question brother nx.

Sticking with the TNG episode Phantasms ....
                    What very strange thing was Dr. Crusher doing in one of the dream sequences?
                    Tsk, Tsk. The reason for the strange dreams was the inter-phasic creatures infecting the Enterprise and her crew. As for Dr. Crusher, she was sucking out Riker's brain (or at least something out of his head) through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoLL's View Post
                      Tsk, Tsk. The reason for the strange dreams was the inter-phasic creatures infecting the Enterprise and her crew
                      True, but if it wasn't for the new dream sequence subroutine those creatures wouldn't have any effect on Data (or at least that was my logic, I was aware of the inter-phasic creature). But thank's for pointing that out.
                      Originally posted by TwoLL's
                      As for Dr. Crusher, she was sucking out Riker's brain (or at least something out of his head) through a straw.
                      Very good - that was even stranger than the Troi cake.

Comment

Continuing with the VOY theme ...

What 2 punishments did Tom Paris receive after he disobeyed orders when he tried to help the alien water-world?

Comment

Continuing with the VOY theme ...

What 2 punishments did Tom Paris receive after he disobeyed orders when he tried to help the alien water-world?
                          a month in the brig and reduced in rank to ensign only to be promoted again before the end of voyager poor harry seven years as an ensign

how would you trigger a cloaking device to activate on a d-12 klingon bird of prey?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoLL's View Post
                            Tsk, Tsk. The reason for the strange dreams was the inter-phasic creatures infecting the Enterprise and her crew.
                            Actually... I was keeping with the engine theme. The interphasic-infected new warp core. But you all are right.

As for the cloaking device... magical deflector pulse setting #254 aimed at the defective plasma coils.

How did Kirk plan to 'see' the cloaked Romulan ship to blast it in Balance of Terror?
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by AdmlDj View Post
                              how would you trigger a cloaking device to activate on a d-12 klingon bird of prey?
                              The D-12 was retired from active service because of a flaw in their design - a faulty component of their cloaking device could cause it to be activated by certain energy signals, causing the ship to drop shields and cloak at inopportune moments. The B'rel and K'vort variants were larger and stronger, though still classified as frigates/light cruisers. Great question Adm. DJ!

What 2 rather infamous Klingons used a D-12 variant and a rather ingenious sabotage tactic to attack the Enterprise-D?
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Lursa and B'tor.

How did Kirk plan to 'see' the cloaked Romulan ship to blast it in Balance of Terror?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X