The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
    What was the average age of a nominee? (I think this was mentioned)
    A very good question brother Spimman. I don't remember the exact age, but if memory serves me right the average age was 85 or there bout's. We do find out that Julian was the youngest ever to be considered for the Carrington award.

What did Julian at first lament about being considered for the prestigious Carrington award?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
      A very good question brother Spimman. I don't remember the exact age, but if memory serves me right the average age was 85 or there bout's. We do find out that Julian was the youngest ever to be considered for the Carrington award.

What did Julian at first lament about being considered for the prestigious Carrington award?
      After hearing word of the nomination, he lamented that he simply wasn't going to receive the award: He was too young, not enough achievements in his field, didn't want to get his hopes up, etc.

Who was the Carrington nominee from Vulcan?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Who was the Carrington nominee from Vulcan?
        I believe there name was Senva

What title did Senva, and all other Vulcan's who practice medicine carry?

Comment

How many crew-members were on each of the 3 main Enterprises we saw on television? ...
          TOS (NCC-1701) ____

TNG (NCC-1701-D) ____

ENT (NX-01) ____

Hmm, I will give approximation's --
          NX-01 (ENT) 82-88 crew members --
          NCC-1701 (TOS) 400-460 crew members --
          NCC-1701-D (TNG) 1000-1200 crew members
          Incidentally, these numbers aren't quite right (I know you gave ballpark answers )

NX-01 -- This one is a bit sticky; the original crew compliment was 85. But that number may have changed dramatically come Season 3 and the addition of the MACOs, it's hard to say.

NCC-1701 -- Depends on when. Under Captain Pike, it was only 203. Under Captain Kirk it was 430 (give or take a dozen redshirts )

NCC-1701-D -- On a couple of occasions this number was given as 1012 exactly. This number varied from time to time with guests and passengers, but 1012 was the magic number of people permanently aboard the ship.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Incidentally, these numbers aren't quite right (I know you gave ballpark answers )

NX-01 -- This one is a bit sticky; the original crew compliment was 85. But that number may have changed dramatically come Season 3 and the addition of the MACOs, it's hard to say.

NCC-1701 -- Depends on when. Under Captain Pike, it was only 203. Under Captain Kirk it was 430 (give or take a dozen redshirts )

NCC-1701-D -- On a couple of occasions this number was given as 1012 exactly. This number varied from time to time with guests and passengers, but 1012 was the magic number of people permanently aboard the ship.
            That's why I said approximation's. And going by what you posted, it seems like I was right on the money or at least very close.

Comment

What title did Senva, and all other Vulcan's who practice medicine carry?

They called any Vulcan who practiced medicine a Healer

Why did the Grand Nagus once kick Quark out of his own quarters on DS9 to basically hibernate for a week by himself
              ?

Comment

Why did the Grand Nagus once kick Quark out of his own quarters on DS9 to basically hibernate for a week by himself?
                Good question, The Nagus took over Quarks quarters to re-write a new version of the Ferengi "Rules of Engagement"

What was wrong with the new "Rules of Enagaement" that the Nagus wanted to implement?
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That's why I said approximation's. And going by what you posted, it seems like I was right on the money or at least very close.
                  You did, and I acknowledged that
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    Why did the Grand Nagus once kick Quark out of his own quarters on DS9 to basically hibernate for a week by himself?
                    Good question, The Nagus took over Quarks quarters to re-write a new version of the Ferengi "Rules of Engagement"

What was wrong with the new "Rules of Enagaement" that the Nagus wanted to implement?
                    The new Rules of Acquisition were influenced by the Prophets, and essentially turned the entire Ferengi philosophy of greed upside down.

How did Quark figure out that Zek had been changed by the Prophets? (specifically what means did he use to figure that out)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      How did Quark figure out that Zek had been changed by the Prophets? (specifically what means did he use to figure that out)
                      Quark looked into a Bajoran Orb of Wisdom (I believe) when he met the Prophets who told him they changed him to be more peaceful and less aggressive

What was the deal Quark made with the Prophets to get the old greedy Grand Nagus back?
                      The USS Defiant Rocks!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

he told the prophets that if they didn't change the nagus back, the rest of the ferengi would come to investigate, and they wouldn't get any peace. Since the prophets valued their privacy, they changed the nagus back.
                        "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                        -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
                          he told the prophets that if they didn't change the nagus back, the rest of the ferengi would come to investigate, and they wouldn't get any peace. Since the prophets valued their privacy, they changed the nagus back.
                          Exactly, great knowledge Kyarra.
                          The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Here is kind of toughie...

What was the 1rst - rule in the new friendlier book of the "Rules of Acquisition"
                            The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                              Here is kind of toughie...

What was the 1rst - rule in the new friendlier book of the "Rules of Acquisition"
                              If they want their money back, give it to them.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                If they want their money back, give it to them.
                                Great knowledge brother jelgate. I had forgotten what the 1rst "New Age" Rules of Acquisition was. They picked a good one to be first.

When Quark met the Prophets during his Orb experience - what did they teach him about the history of the Ferengi race?
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X