• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Egg
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

What does Dr. Stubbs say he has in common with Wesley Crusher?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        What does Dr. Stubbs say he has in common with Wesley Crusher?
        That they're both gifted (wünderkind was German term that Stubbs used) and that they both have the burden of living up to their potential.

According to Dr. Stubbs, he's seen nanites constructed before. Where?

Btw, very good Conan avatar.
        sigpic

Comment

I have no idea brother Fuzz. I am going to guess either in his mind or in a computer virus

What did Dr. Stubbs have to do (with the urging of Picard) to make sure the the probe got launched?

I love the Conan avatar as well.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            I have no idea brother Fuzz. I am going to guess either in his mind or in a computer virus

What did Dr. Stubbs have to do (with the urging of Picard) to make sure the the probe got launched?

I love the Conan avatar as well.
            The nanite construction was definitely a hard question as Dr. Stubbs mentioned it only once in the entire episode. He said that he's seen nanites built a Dakar, Senegal. Picard urged Dr. Stubbs to apologize and make peace with the nanites so the Egg could get launched on time.

What was the name of the star system Dr. Stubbs' probe (the Egg) analyzing?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              The nanite construction was definitely a hard question as Dr. Stubbs mentioned it only once in the entire episode. He said that he's seen nanites built a Dakar, Senegal. Picard urged Dr. Stubbs to apologize and make peace with the nanites so the Egg could get launched on time.
              I do remember a reference to him seeing a Nanite pattern in the past (he has a photogenic memory - ie. his knowledge of baseball history and every single little detail attached to games and players, including what the prevailing weather was like when the game was played) - but I couldn't remember where or how. Great question amigo! I'm adding it to my "Ringer" Notebook (where you will full credit for the question if I use it in a future Quiz). And yes I am going to bring back my Star Trek All Purpose Quizzes, including a handful of mini-Quizzes with dedicated themes (Characters, Starships, Alien Races, Technology themes, Episodes, Movies ...etc...), including a few all "Ringer" mini-Quizzes with some extra hard questions.

Very good on the Dr. Stubbs answer - he basically had to apologize for being an idiot and killing a living intelligent thing to save his 20-year project (very greedy/human of him) But remember the nanites also helped to repair his Golden "Egg" probe in time for it to launch. No work manana, so I am going to dust off my TNG Season III DVD Box Set and re-watch Evolution before I go to bed tonight.

What was the name of the star system Dr. Stubbs' probe (the Egg) analyzing?
              That would be the Kayvis or Kavis system/area/parsec/one of those

What did Dr Stubbs promise the Nanites that he would try to do for them?
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Find them a uninhabited planet to live on. (I think)

Comment

From the TNG episode Evolution

Who in Dr Stubbs family betrayed him by writing an unauthorized book on his life?

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                    From the TNG episode Evolution

Who in Dr Stubbs family betrayed him by writing an unauthorized book on his life?
                    I believe that was his mother. Stubbs may not be the nicest person around but I'm sure his mother writing an unauthorized biography about her own son didn't help a bit. I can only imagine the kind of relationship those two had.

What kind of radiation could kill the nanites?
                    sigpic

Comment

That would be Gamma Radiation, which was working fine at low levels to control the nanites, but Dr. Stubbs wanted to kill them to save his precious project. I re-watched Evolution last night and it was a pretty darn good TNG episode. Sometimes I think Wesley gets a bad rap.

TNG Season III Episode Evolution
                      What did Picard tell Riker he felt like when the nanites attacked and disabled the Enterprise?
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That would be Gamma Radiation, which was working fine at low levels to control the nanites, but Dr. Stubbs wanted to kill them to save his precious project. I re-watched Evolution last night and it was a pretty darn good TNG episode. Sometimes I think Wesley gets a bad rap.

TNG Season III Episode Evolution
                        What did Picard tell Riker he felt like when the nanites attacked and disabled the Enterprise?
                        Picard (to Riker): I can't get the story of Gulliver out of my head...being overrun by Liliputians.

As well as Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, another classic story was referenced in "Evolution" by Guinan. Which story was it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Very good on the Gulliver knowledge brother Fuzz
                          Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          As well as Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, another classic story was referenced in "Evolution" by Guinan. Which story was it?
                          That would Dr. Frankenstein - who Guinan likened Wesley's escaped science project.

What other regular Star Trek character had a very old copy of Gullivers travels that they kept in there crew quarters?
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What other regular Star Trek character had a very old copy of Gullivers travels that they kept in there crew quarters?
                            Tucker had a copy.

What species from Enterprise had multiple sub-species from one planet? Name the sub-species and the one extinct one.
                            sigpic

Comment

That would be the Xindi. The extinct species are the Avian, while the others are Arboreal, Aquatic, Reptile, Primate and Insectoid.

sigpic

Comment

What other sentient species have we seen evolve simultaneously on a single planet?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X