No announcement yet.

Your favorite Star Trek quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but...

Gillian: Let me guess. You're from outer space.
    Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Changeling O'Brien: Let me ask you a question. How many Changelings do you think are here on Earth right at this moment?
      Sisko: I'm not going to play games with you.
      Changeling O'Brien: Ah. What if I were to tell you that there are only four on this entire planet? Eh? Not counting Constable Odo, of course. Think of it. Just four of us, and look at the havoc we've wrought.
      Sisko: How do I know you're telling the truth?
      Changeling O'Brien: Oh, four is more than enough. We're smarter than solids. We're better than you. And most importantly, we do not fear you the way you fear us. In the end, it's your fear that will destroy you.
      Sisko: Have you finished?
      Changeling O'Brien: Finished? (laughs) We've barely begun. I'll be seeing you.
      - "Paradise Lost"

Worf: What about Garak?
      Sisko: I want him back too. I suppose I don't have to tell you to keep a close eye on him.
      Worf: At the first sign of betrayal I will kill him, but I promise to return the body intact.
      Sisko: I hope that's a joke.
      Worf: We shall see.
      - "In Purgatory's Shadow"

Remata'Klan: I am a Jem'Hadar, he is a Vorta. It is the order of things.
      Sisko: Do you really want to give up your life for the order of things?
      Remata'Klan: It is not my life to give up, Captain - and it never was.
      - "Rocks And Shoals"

Gul Dukat: A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.
      Weyoun: Then you kill them?
      Gul Dukat: ...Only if it's necessary.
      - "Sacrifice of Angels"

Dukat: We did not choose to be the superior race. Fate handed us that role.
      - "Waltz"

Garak: That's why you came to see me--isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked! And you'll get what you want - a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant, and all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.
      - "In The Pale Moonlight"

Quark: Let me tell you something about humans, nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people become as nasty and as violent as the most blood thirsty Klingon.
      - "The Siege of AR-558"

Kira: This war's over. You lost.
      Female Shapeshifter: Have I? I think you will find that neither the Jem'Hadar nor the Breen will agree to that assessment. They will fight to the last man
      Kira: And what would that accomplish?
      Female Shapeshifter: You will see. You may win this war, Colonel, but when it is over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your victory will taste as bitter as defeat.
      - "What You Leave Behind"

DS9 was such a good show. It had so many good characters. The Founders, the Jem'Hadar, and Dukat were such great villains. Even though it didn't have the sex or the violence, DS9 is as relevant to today's world and reveals just as much about the human condition as BSG.

Comment

A few more of my favourite Voyager quotes from the earlier years:

"If we don't get more power to the warp drive, we're going to get out and push." - Tom

"It seems I've found myself on the voyage of the damned." - Doctor

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kiss you. I'm only adjusting the restraint." -- the Doctor.
        "I'll try to contain my disappointment." -- Neelix.

"There's coffee in that nebula!" - Janeway [perhaps one of the most famous Voyager quotes]

"It appears that we've lost our sex appeal, Captain." - Tuvok

"When a bomb starts talking about itself in the third person, I get worried." - Tom

"Facial art. Oooo. How very wilderness." -- Q to Chakotay

"Help! Man overboard!" -- the Doctor - one of the funniest on-screen moments i've ever seen.

"Tuvok, has anyone ever told you you're a real freakasaurus?" - Tom
        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

"Macro-head. With a micro-brain!"
          - Q (speaking to Worf)

And of course, the quote in my sig...

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

"He is an overgrown child. She... is confused."
            -Worf
            Dogs of War... I think

"I'm passionately in love with Ezri... but... I like you more. There, I've said it."
            -Bashir to O'Brien
            Extreme Measures

"Kiss the girl, get the key... They never taught me that in the Obsidian Order."
            -Garak
            Our Man Bashir

"Of Course I'm paranoid, everyone's trying to kill me."
            -Weyoun
            I forgot the episode name...

"I know... I know... I honor you with my presence..."
            -Odo
            Forgot the episode name as well...

Bashir: What have you two been doing?
            Quark: *suggestive laughter*
            Bashir: Nevermind, I don't need that particular image in my head right now.
            *Jadzia and Worf come in*
            Bashir: What have you two been doing?
            *pause*
            Jadzia: Well... if you really must know...
            Bashir: No, nevermind. I'll just stop asking that question all together. People will just come in, I'll treat them, and they'll leave.
            Looking for Par'Mach (probably mispelled) in All the Wrong Places

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
              "Of Course I'm paranoid, everyone's trying to kill me."
              -Weyoun
              I forgot the episode name...

"I know... I know... I honor you with my presence..."
              -Odo
              Forgot the episode name as well...

Both are from "Treachery, Faith and the Great River"
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                Both are from "Treachery, Faith and the Great River"
                *bangs head on table*

HOW COULD I FORGET THAT EPISODE NAME?!? I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

*continues to bang head on table*

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  "Treachery, Faith and the Great River"
                  That's the title of the episode! I agree with Elles- I LOVE it! What season is this from? Cause if the episode is half as good as the title, it should be an excellent one!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    That's the title of the episode! I agree with Elles- I LOVE it! What season is this from? Cause if the episode is half as good as the title, it should be an excellent one!
                    IIRC (I love this acronym )... I think it was sixth...

Thought it might've been seventh...

One of those...

Comment

Message In a Bottle
                      EMH 2-Tranfering power from life support, we don't need that.
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

EMH2-My brilliant existance cut short, no time to explore the universe, no time to smell the roses, no time...for sex.
                        Message in a Bottle
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Here's some to illustrate the greatness that is Garak:

From "The Wire"
                          Bashir: So of all the stories you told me, which ones were true? And, which ones weren't?
                          Garak: My dear doctor, all of them are true.
                          Bashir: Even the lies?
                          Garak: Especially the lies.

Bashir: Do you know the story of the boy who cried wolf?
                          Garak: No.
                          Bashir: It's a children's story about a young shepherd boy who gets lonely while tending his flock. So he cries out to the villagers that a wolf is attacking the sheep. The people come running, but of course, there's no wolf. He claims that it's run away, and the villagers praise him for his vigilance.
                          Garak: Clever lad! A charming story.
                          Bashir: I'm not finished. The next day the boy does it again, and the next day, too. On the fourth day, a wolf really comes. The boy cries out at the top of his lungs, but the villagers ignore him... and the boy and his flock are gobbled up.
                          Garak: That's a little graphic for children, don't you think?
                          Bashir: But the point is that if you lie all the time, no one will believe you even if you're telling the truth.
                          Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
                          Bashir: Of course, what else would it be?
                          Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.

Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

From "The Way of the Warrior"
                          (After Garak was attacked by several Klingons)
                          Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!
                          Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

From "Call to Arms"
                          Odo: You'd shoot a man in the back?
                          Garak: It's the safest way, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                            Bashir: Do you know the story of the boy who cried wolf?
                            Garak: No.
                            Bashir: It's a children's story about a young shepherd boy who gets lonely while tending his flock. So he cries out to the villagers that a wolf is attacking the sheep. The people come running, but of course, there's no wolf. He claims that it's run away, and the villagers praise him for his vigilance.
                            Garak: Clever lad! A charming story.
                            Bashir: I'm not finished. The next day the boy does it again, and the next day, too. On the fourth day, a wolf really comes. The boy cries out at the top of his lungs, but the villagers ignore him... and the boy and his flock are gobbled up.
                            Garak: That's a little graphic for children, don't you think?
                            Bashir: But the point is that if you lie all the time, no one will believe you even if you're telling the truth.
                            Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
                            Bashir: Of course, what else would it be?
                            Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.
                            That's a great bit of banter! One of my favourite Garak moments.

Comment

To me, all Garak moments are instant classics...such a great character.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                              Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                              Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Worf: This is a warrior's drink! (speaking of prune juice)
                                thats the best

Comment

Working...
                                X