Your favorite Star Trek quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip poses as Captain Archer.
    Vulcan Captain: You look a bit young to be a Starfleet captain.
    *pause*
    Trip: Healthy living!

~The Seventh

Comment

EMH-2: "What are they doing?"
      Doc: "Firing on us!"
      EMH-2: "They must think Romulans are on board!"
      Doc: "They're RIGHT!"

-Message In A Bottle

Worf: "A true warrior has no need to exaggerate his feats."
      Kor: "You'd better hope I exaggerate, or else when they start singing songs about this quest and come to your verse, it will be 'And then Worf came along.'"

-The Sword of Kahless

Garak: "Kiss the girl, get the key. They never taught me that in the Obsidian Order."

-Our Man Bashir
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Kirk: "And... Now Mr. Scott."
        Scotty: "Sir?"
        Kirk: "The doors, Mr. Scott!"
        Scotty: "Aye Sir, I'm working on it!"

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock

Sulu: "In range?"
        Helm: "Not yet sir."
        Sulu: "Come on, come on!"
        Helm: "She'll fly apart."
        Sulu: "Fly her apart then!"

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Lily:Jean Luc, blow up the damn ship!
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: No! Noooooooooo!
        [Smashes glass and model ships with his phaser]
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. Weve made too many compromises already; too mny retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done.

Troi: Look. He wouldn't even talk to me unless I had a drink with him. And then, it took three shots of something called "tequila" just to find out that HE was the one we're looking for! And I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to keep his hands off me! So don't go criticizing my counseling techniques!

Picard:You want to destroy the ship and run away, you coward.
        Beverly: Jean-Luc!
        Worf: If you were any other man, I would kill you where you stand.

Picard: I'm about to commit a direct violation of our orders. If anyone wishes to object do so now, I will make a note of it in my log.
        Data: Sir, I think I speak for everyone when I say: To hell with our orders!

Beverlyo much for the Enterprise-E.
        Picard: We barely knew her.
        Beverly : Think they'll build another one?
        Picard: Plenty of letters left in the alphabet.

Star Trek: First Contact

Comment

Yeah, First Contact was loaded with good quotes.

"Someone once said, 'Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgments'."
          "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"
          "You did... ten years from now."

-William Riker and Zefram Cochrane
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            Yeah, First Contact was loaded with good quotes.

"Someone once said, 'Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgments'."
            "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"
            "You did... ten years from now."

-William Riker and Zefram Cochrane
            Wow that's a paradox.....so who really said it? Riker or Cochrane?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              Wow that's a paradox.....so who really said it? Riker or Cochrane?
              I never thought about it that way.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                I never thought about it that way.
                Yeah.....I got too much spare time.

Comment

I came accross yet another funny McKoy Doctor quote the other day,

"I'm a doctor, not an escalator!"

can't remember the name of the ep though...and then theres this one:

"If I were human, I believe my response would be...Go to hell...If I were human."
                  -Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (after recieving the order for decomission).

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                  Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                  Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
                    I came accross yet another funny McKoy Doctor quote the other day,

"I'm a doctor, not an escalator!"

can't remember the name of the ep though.
                    I believe that's from "The Apple"- when he's carrying the pregnant woman up the mountain?

Comment

Yes! That's the one. Man, thats a funny ep...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"

Comment

Heres some more great DS9 ones

Garak: "The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination."
                        -Improbable Cause

Dukat: "War is such thirsty work. Don't you agree?"
                        Weyoun: "Perhaps if you didn't talk so much your throat wouldn't get so dry."
                        -Sacrafice of Angels
                        sigpic

Comment

This is from "The trouble with the tribbles" when Scotty gets into a free-for-all fight with the klingons at the bar of a deep space station. Kirk wants to know who started the fight and what was it all about:

SCOTTY : Well, Captain, uh ...the Klingons called you, uh ...a tin-plated, overbearing, swaggering dictator with delusions of godhood.

KIRK : Is that all?

SCOTTY : No, sir. They also compared you with a Denibian slime devil.

KIRK : I get the picture.

SCOTTY : Yes, sir.

KIRK : After they said all this,that's when you hit the Klingons?

SCOTTY : No, sir.

KIRK : No?

SCOTTY : No, uh ... I didn't. You told us to avoid trouble.

KIRK : Oh, yes.

SCOTTY : Well, I didn't see that it was worth fighting about. After all, we're big enough to take a few insults. Aren't we?

KIRK : What was it they said that started the fight?

SCOTTY : They called the Enterprise a garbage scow ... sir.

KIRK : I see. And ... that's when you hit the Klingons?

SCOTTY : Yes, sir.

KIRK : You hit the Klingons because they insulted the Enterprise, not because they ...

SCOTTY : Well, sir, this was a matter of pride.

Comment

Watched ST IV the other day...I'd forgotten how many great quotes there were!

"Ah - A keyboard...how quiant..." - Scotty

"Back in the 60s he used to be part of the free speech movement in bercley...I think he did a little much LDS..." - Kirk, explaining Spocks odd behavior...

"Are you sure you wont change your mind?"
                            "Is there something wrong with the one I have?" - Spock responding to Gillian Taylor

Theres so many more, but those are the few I remember...and cause I have a headache i thought this one from ST VI was apt:

"Do you know anything about a radiation surge, Chekov?"
                            "Only the size of my head..."

Comment

Benjamin Sisko: "So... I lied; I cheated; I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men; I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all it's I think I can deal with it. And if I'd have to do it all over again... I would."

A fine cap to end a fine episode. Truly a testament to the big brass ones that DS9 grew over the course of its run. Moreover, Dukat's quiet, insane ramblings after the death of Ziyal deserve a special mention.
                              Last edited by Mefusta; 19 September 2006, 04:12 AM.
                              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                              - Serenity

Comment

More good DS9 ones.

Dukat: "Behold ... Benjamin Sisko: supreme arbiter of right and wrong in the universe."
                                -Waltz

Worf: "We were like warriors from the ancient sagas. There was nothing we could not do."
                                O'Brien: "Except keep the holodecks working right."
                                -Way of the Warrior

Bashir: "I can't wait to get back to Deep Space Nine and see your face when you find out I never existed!"
                                -Trials and Tribble-ations
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X