Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    You obviously know your canon, sir.

"Inconsistency": How does a Bird of Prey even take out an unshielded Galaxy Class Starship when the Borg ripped the Enterprise a new one...twice and it survived just fine?
    It's called a lucky shot
    sigpic

Comment

"I wanted prisoners!"

Comment

First Contact with the Klingon Empire led to DECADES of WAR~Picard TNG.

Enterprise's First Contact with Klingons didn't lead to decades of war.

Curiously the TNG statement is closer to the story board created for the History of Trek after The Motion Picture which states that the First Contact with the Klingons was in space. A Star Fleet ship encountered a Klingon scout that was in pursuit of a Klingon family which fled the empire and took assylum on the Star Fleet ship.

The Klingon's found the Federation a mockery of an empire, demanded the return of the family and promised servere consequence. (The Klingon ship was no match for the Star Fleet vessel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1cht...layer_embedded

These are from the video.

Cassidy Yates: A Vulcan has 3x the strength of a human
        Sisko: And Faster too.

ENT: Captain Archer on Vulcan beating up a Vulcan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55NwN...layer_embedded

This one hit me hard:

Trials and Tribulations:
        Time Cop1: Be specific which Enterprise, there have been 5.
        Time Cop2: Six
        Sisko: This was the first Enterprise NCC 1701
        Last edited by Saquist; 02 October 2009, 05:54 AM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1cht...layer_embedded

A fight is not just strength alone
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, sir. That obviously explains it, sir.

ENT:

T'Pol: Vulcans don't eat with there fingers.
            T'Pol eating Popcorn at movie night

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Point of order: the canonicity of directors' cuts has never actually been addressed, and there's actually no official standing on whether they're to be considered canon or not.
              True enough, but for the purposes of this conversation being consistent some lines had to be drawn. Since the theatrical cuts are the ones intended for release by the studios, and director's cuts sometimes contradict them, it's just easier to only view the theatrical cuts as canon.

Only if you're of the (wrong) school of thought that Enterprise is actually Star Trek
              That's just a little uncalled for considering:
              A) Official canon policy is that Enterprise is Trek
              B) I explicitly stated it as fair game in my opening post
              C) The quality of an episode or series shouldn't be an argument for it not being canon anyway. After all, "Spock's Brain" is quite possibly the worst Trek episode ever made, but few would try to argue it's not canon.

Another of my favorites (and one I'm not sure why hasn't come up), the only borg vessel attacking Wolf 359 was destroyed, but people were somehow assimilated during the battle.
              "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
              "Those who abandon the path are evil."
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

First Contact with the Klingon Empire led to DECADES of WAR~Picard TNG.

Enterprise's First Contact with Klingons didn't lead to decades of war.
                Oh this again. We're talking about actual canon being violated, not fanon. Picard's statement was that "disastrous contact" lead to decades of war. Not first contact. This is just going against assumptions, not actual on screen canon.

This brings up a good one. Augments are supposedly stronger than Vulcans but Kirk beats Kahn up (Although he did it with some difficulty.)

This one hit me hard:

Trials and Tribulations:
                Time Cop1: Be specific which Enterprise, there have been 5.
                Time Cop2: Six
                Sisko: This was the first Enterprise NCC 1701
                [/QUOTE]

This actually is an inconsistency, but not for the reason you think. Even at the time this episode was made there was another known pre-federation starship called Enterprise. link.
                "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

For fairness and balance, and to show I'm not in anyway biased toward Enterprise or against any of the other series (as my last post might have implied) here's some weirdness from Enterprise:

Archer, a scientist with an interest in astronomy, is unfamiliar with the star Rigel.

And episode implies that Reed came up with Red Alert, even though it is a real world term.
                  "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

No it was Reed Alert.
                    sigpic

Comment

Is that actually true. Did they say..."Reed Alert."
                      Thank GOD this show died....

Comment

Yeah, something that small totally deserves the cancellation of a show

This isn't the "bash shows we don't like" thread.

Here's another good one. TNG "Encounter at Farpoint" Data says he was in the class of '79, but the show takes place in the 60's.
                        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

Hmm.. Inconsistances: Star Trek XI.

The reboot Enterprise was under construction....in Iowa, where presumably enormous shadows for extended periods of time would be detrimental to crop growing, why? Moreover, why was a massive, heavy starship being constructed on the ground?
                          Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                          One theory I've heard is that it was going to be built in California, but was changed to Iowa in honor of Kirk's father. Maybe it's more economical to build it on the ground, where you don't need space suits, and then tractor it up to fit it out.
                          To elaborate, it is probably more beneficial for them to make various sections of the ship in ground, then put them together in orbit.

I know this conflicts with ST:XI, but maybe they put the ship together (lightly) then stripped her once complete so she could be transported to orbit, and then put the various parts back together.

One I've noticed is that there is no way the refit Enterprise came from the Constitution Starship. You would have to completely strip the hull, frame and decks and start over from ..go. But that's just my nit pick.
                          Dursk?

And I do agree yeah, it would have probably just made more sense for them to say "ok, here is a new ship, we're not going to call it the Ent-A, because we haven't worked out the -A, -B, -C system yet."

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Picard using the Nexus to go back and fight soren on the planet.

The Nexus can take him to any time/place... why not go back to when he met Soren on the enterprise and arrest him there?
                          Or better still, back to BoBW, stop all those Federation Citizens and Crew from dying at Wolf 359?

Don't be fooled. Under that uniform, Archer had huge biceps.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Actually Reed was trying to come up with a name for his proposed Tactical Alert procedure. Tucker suggested "Reed Alert" as a joke, Reed didn't get that he was joking but dismissed the name anyway cause he thought it would be a bit narcissistic. They only ever used Tactical Alert for it though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                              Actually Reed was trying to come up with a name for his proposed Tactical Alert procedure. Tucker suggested "Reed Alert" as a joke, Reed didn't get that he was joking but dismissed the name anyway cause he thought it would be a bit narcissistic. They only ever used Tactical Alert for it though.
                              I'm not sure exactly when it started, but by season 4 they were using "Alert Condition Red"

Here's another famous TNG one.

In Datalore they establish that Data can't use contractions. They deiscover Lore isn't Data because he can use contractions. When they ask Data how he is he answers "I'm fine"
                              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

not sure about this one guys but it sure is annoying to me.

DS9 3.06 The Abandoned
                                Quark finds an abandoned Jem'Hadar child, and Odo is the only person who can control him.

Quark found the infant Jem'Hadar in a birthing chamber amongst the ship wreckage he purchased from the Boslic Captain. Odo must of learned the Jem'Hadar don't sleep or eat in The Abandoned.

DS9 4.23 To The Death
                                Following a hit and run attack on Deep Space 9 by a band of rogue Jem'Hadar, Sisko and his crew are joined by the Dominion on a mission to locate the rebels who have discovered another Iconian Gateway.

on the bridge, Dax is annoyed that a Jem'Hadar has been staring at her for two hours, trying to learn her behavior because she is on his battle squad. While talking to the Jem'Hadar, Dax discovers that the Jem'Hadar do not sleep or eat. There are no female Jem'Hadar, and a Jem'Hadar is considered an honored elder if he reaches the age of twenty.

now you see why I am annoyed?

- Christine
                                Last edited by lkg1980; 07 October 2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X