Should I watch Star trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Yes, In fact I would recommend the complete series boxsets. You'll save money
    my problem is i cant find them, oddly enough. Only found boxsets for voyager and a watered down episodes only for the next generation.

Comment

Try Amazon
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Try Amazon
        The best place to go for anything, really.

The individual Season sets for each series are a bit more expensive than Stargate's (about $20 more), but they are nowhere near as ridiculous as when they first came out.

Also, The Next Generation complete series set they released recently is not that well made (neither are the Voyager season sets ). You should just get one of the package deals they have on Amazon and get all the original season sets together.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

still actually on the fence if I want to watch it or not. =/ Just been looking for boxes/prices to get an idea of when I could afford it too.

Might need to sleep on it. Maybe watch a few more odd episodes on Tv during the day, see if they entice me or not.

Comment

One other thing all of TOS is on Hulu
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              still actually on the fence if I want to watch it or not. =/

Might need to sleep on it. Maybe watch a few more odd episodes on Tv during the day, see if they entice me or not.
              If there's one thing that you should take from this thread, just look at how we've all responded and reacted with one another. Trek is something we all obviously adore and have invested so much time in, that we all have strong opinions on the subject--whilst still having great respect for each other.

We may not always agree, we may even have spats of major disagreements and arguments, but in the end it's just because we all love this universe to death--and we can always come together on that. Star Trek is a wonderful franchise to get involved in
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                If there's one thing that you should take from this thread, just look at how we've all responded and reacted with one another. Trek is something we all obviously adore and have invested so much time in, that we all have strong opinions on the subject--whilst still having great respect for each other.

We may not always agree, we may even have spats of major disagreements and arguments, but in the end it's just because we all love this universe to death--and we can always come together on that. Star Trek is a wonderful franchise to get involved in
                Lies....

Do not trust him. He is playing his Jedi-tricks on you. Actually I think TOS is not worth watching at all,has no remarkable episodes whatsoever and is a complete waste of time...but he twisted my mind!
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

*soothing voice*

You want to retract that statement.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

*soothing voice*

You want to retract that statement.

Should she retract a true statement?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

*vanishes in a puff of (confused) logic*

Comment

Should she retract a true statement?
                        Now what about those 30 bars of gold-pressed latinum you offered me for saying this?
                        sigpic
                        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                        Spoiler:
                        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                          Now what about those 30 bars of gold-pressed latinum you offered me for saying this?
                          I lost it in a game of dabo
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            still actually on the fence if I want to watch it or not. =/ Just been looking for boxes/prices to get an idea of when I could afford it too.

For TNG, I suggest you watch Q-Who. It's considered one of the best episodes of the series/franchise and it's a pretty early episode, so you don't need to know anything going in.

For DS9, I suggest watching episodes like Whispers or Crossover. Both are early on and are stand alone episodes.

For Voyager, I don't know... anything from Seasons 1-3.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

You know people, let him watch Enterprise and decide for himself whether its good or not. Dont push him not to get because YOU didn't like it. I'm tired of you ENT bashers pushing it. Enough already.
                              There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Star Trek, overall, really is wonderful. And totally worth investing the time to get involved in, at least IMO. Some Star Trek shows are more appealing than others, but all have their fair share of amazing episodes.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X