Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Voy Year of Hell (Not bad)
    I'm not a fan of Voyager but I'm going through the Time Travel Fan Collective
    *GASP!* You must really hate VOY to rate one of its top 5 episodes as 'not bad'. I think that 2 parter represents Voyager at its best... and one of the best examples of Trek period... but that's just me.

Tonight... TNG: The Mind's Eye.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

the inner light tng

Comment

Today I watched TNG episode "The Enemy"
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          *GASP!* You must really hate VOY to rate one of its top 5 episodes as 'not bad'. I think that 2 parter represents Voyager at its best... and one of the best examples of Trek period... but that's just me.
          No, you're not. Year of Hell is my favorite VOY episode next to Timeless. I think it perfectly represented what (IMHO) the series probably should've been all along. A fight for survival where this Federation crew is constantly faced with tough situations and tricky moral dilemmas. Ah, if only.

Today I watched TNG episode "The Enemy"
          Both great Geordi episodes. When I was watching my S3 and S4 sets, I was surprised by how many episodes he was given. A very under appreciated character in my book.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Just finished watching the mind shattering "Frame of Mind". Been a long time since I've seen this episode. Not one that I'd go out of my way to watch, but it was better than I remember and Frakes was great in this episode.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I love that episode.
              Last night I watched TOS "The City on the Edge of Forever" again. A good episode, but I've never really understood the hype. If Kirk had to PUSH her, maybe then I would have thought it was better. But seeing him hug Bones safe instead of her showed who he really loved: The Enterprise!
              Last edited by nx01a; 11 June 2009, 01:22 PM.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I watched Generations this evening.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  No, you're not. Year of Hell is my favorite VOY episode next to Timeless. I think it perfectly represented what (IMHO) the series probably should've been all along. A fight for survival where this Federation crew is constantly faced with tough situations and tricky moral dilemmas. Ah, if only.
                  IDK if I would rate Year of Hell as one of Voyager's best or an example of Trek at its best. For starters, I hate episodes that "never happened." (one BIG exception is "Yesterday's Enterprise.") ITA that it was an example of what Voyager should have been like all along. However, in the spirit of both your posts, I will mention the aspects I did like. I liked how Tom Paris played an essential part in saving the day. I liked how Janeway managed to form an alliance (Go Federation!) I also enjoyed the complexity of time aspect of the episode. I LOVED a Voyager that was falling apart at the seams (side note: there is NO way that only the senior staff could keep the ship together when it was THAT badly damaged.), and that they actually ran out of torpedoes (maybe shuttles too?).

Oh, on topic, I watched "Children of Time."

Comment

I don't hate it... hate is too strong a word for a show I don't feel much for. Saw a few eps when it first came out and thought "meh... the same o'l, same o'l" Didn't really buy Janeway as a captain and none of the other characters really grabbed me either. For me Trek is about characters and if I don't like 'em much, I don't feel it's worth my time continuing with it.
                    Same thing with Enterprise. I wasn't that impressed with the pilot and saw where they were going with that one and took my leave ASAP. None of the characters impressed me all that much either. Mostly I just thought it was more of the same thing.
                    But if I find someone who has the boxsets, I might borrow them to have a look at some of the better eps.

As for what I watched today: I'm going through S1 of DS9 again for the benefit of the husband. Haven't seen it since it first aired in my part of the world.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Fair enough.
                      Your DS9 rewatch is like me and TNG. I saw almost all of the episodes when they first aired. Sigh. 7 glorious years from age 7 to 14. Rewatching them now is like recapturing a little of the magic of my childhood.

Last night I watched TOS - 'The Trouble with Tribbles'. HilaRious! It may be blasphemy to say, but I enjoy that episode more than "The City on the Edge of Forever'.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Fair enough.
                        Your DS9 rewatch is like me and TNG. I saw almost all of the episodes when they first aired. Sigh. 7 glorious years from age 7 to 14. Rewatching them now is like recapturing a little of the magic of my childhood.

Last night I watched TOS - 'The Trouble with Tribbles'. HilaRious! It may be blasphemy to say, but I enjoy that episode more than "The City on the Edge of Forever'.
                        I like The Trouble With Tribbles much more than City on the Edge of Forever as well. Honestly, I don't see where the fuss about that episode comes from. It's good but after a slow build up it ends rather abruptly. I suspect that I've seen too many time travel stories to really appreciate that as compelling tv in this day and age.
                        Frankly I can think of several other eps that I like better, Tribbles being one of them. That conversation between Kirk and Scotty after the punch up was priceless. And I also love DS9's Tribble homage.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          I like The Trouble With Tribbles much more than City on the Edge of Forever as well. Honestly, I don't see where the fuss about that episode comes from. It's good but after a slow build up it ends rather abruptly. I suspect that I've seen too many time travel stories to really appreciate that as compelling tv in this day and age.
                          Frankly I can think of several other eps that I like better, Tribbles being one of them. That conversation between Kirk and Scotty after the punch up was priceless. And I also love DS9's Tribble homage.
                          My sentiments exactly. I realize 'City' might have been ground-breaking or revolutionary back in the day, but I was raised watching Trek episodes like 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Cause and Effect', 'All Good Things'... not to mention later on, DS9's 'Children of Time', VOY's 'Year of Hell', and ENT's 'Twilight'... I'd seen it done well several times with the stakes higher than Kirk's really fast love for the focal point of history. That may sound like I'm ragging on the episode... It's a good episode but it didn't live up to the hype that swirls around it. I was far more interested in the Guardian of Forever than Kirk in love.
                          'Tribbles' makes me laugh every time. Humour in Trek can be hit and miss, but this is the definitive hit.

On topic... I'm actually not watching any Trek today. Gotta start the weekend with some friends in a fashion that would make Scotty proud.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

TNG's "The Wounded".
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I watched the infamous TOS episode "Spock's Brain". I find it funny and enjoyable, the "Plan 9 of Outer Space" of the Trek franchise. There are plenty of equally bad episodes that aren't nearly as enjoyable.

I liked The City on the Edge of Froever. It's not my favorite (Balance of Terror, Journey to Babel, and Mirror, Mirror are some of the episodes I like better), but I think it's really good. Maybe I should rewatch that episode soon...
                              "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                              "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

I was in the mood, so today I watched TNG's final episode, "All Good Things".
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X