Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Just finished watching DS9's Emissary and now watching A Man Alone. I'll be watching Past Prologue next. Yes, it's the beginning of a re-watch. I haven't done this in literally years.

*cues some special music*

bow chicka wow wow
    You do realize Past Prolouge comes before A Man Alone in airing order
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You do realize Past Prolouge comes before A Man Alone in airing order
      Yes. A Man Alone, however, was filmed and produced first. However, the producers simply decided to air Past Prologue first for whatever reason--so I simply felt like watching it first. That and the last time I checked, I'm the one who decides what order I watch the episodes on my DS9 DVDs.
      sigpic

Comment

Not that it makes a difference really. They don't have anything to do with each other, and only one of them even has a Stardate attached to it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Yes. A Man Alone, however, was filmed and produced first. However, the producers simply decided to air Past Prologue first for whatever reason--so I simply felt like watching it first. That and the last time I checked, I'm the one who decides what order I watch the episodes on my DS9 DVDs.
          Was the attiude really nesscarry? I just was trying to be helpful as it bugs to watch things in the wrong order. As for the production schedule its quite common to produce out of other because of thing ranging from actor availablity to set construction to location shoots
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Was the attiude really nesscarry? I just was trying to be helpful as it bugs to watch things in the wrong order. As for the production schedule its quite common to produce out of other because of thing ranging from actor availablity to set construction to location shoots
            As a general rule, I prefer to see things in production order (unless they were obviously written not to happen in that order). I find it better reflects the evolution of story ideas and actor chemistry.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              As a general rule, I prefer to see things in production order (unless they were obviously written not to happen in that order). I find it better reflects the evolution of story ideas and actor chemistry.
              My thinking exactly Digi.
              sigpic

Comment

Meh. It looks the same to me. And production order is a lot different then writing order as for stories ideas go. For reason I listed above it seem inaccurate to go in production order but thats me.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Star Trek 2.18 "Obsession"
                  Kirk's inexplicable Moby Dick episode, coming straight out of left field. A cloud provides the biggest redshirt body count of the season so far

Star Trek 2.19 "The Immunity Syndrome"
                  The giant inexplicable space amoeba! The ammount of sexual innuendo dialogue in this episode ("point of penetration", "be gentle at the tender point of entry") is pretty hilarious And I'm also pretty sure that the levers Spock uses in the shuttlecraft are actually knives in a sharpener LOL

Star Trek 2.20 "A Piece of the Action"
                  My favourite part of this whole episode is the entire sequence where Kirk tries to drive the old car, and Spock makes fun of him at the end. It's great to see them totally fish out of water; and I feel even more inadequate because my car has an automatic transmission

Comment

Star Trek 2.18 "Obsession"
                    Kirk's inexplicable Moby Dick episode, coming straight out of left field. A cloud provides the biggest redshirt body count of the season so far

Star Trek 2.19 "The Immunity Syndrome"
                    The giant inexplicable space amoeba! The ammount of sexual innuendo dialogue in this episode ("point of penetration", "be gentle at the tender point of entry") is pretty hilarious And I'm also pretty sure that the levers Spock uses in the shuttlecraft are actually knives in a sharpener LOL

Star Trek 2.20 "A Piece of the Action"
                    My favourite part of this whole episode is the entire sequence where Kirk tries to drive the old car, and Spock makes fun of him at the end. It's great to see them totally fish out of water; and I feel even more inadequate because my car has an automatic transmission
                    Though I haven't watched TOS in years, I never thought about the innuendos with The Immunity Syndrome. Now that makes me think about that episode's dialogue in a completely different way.

As for the car in Piece of the Action, I attempted to drive stick at age 14-15 and absolutely couldn't stand the clutch. My dad, on the other hand, couldn't understand why I disliked driving the stick so much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Star Trek Voyager "Warhead".

And if my 10 year old son watches the reboot Star Trek movie ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to have to gag and tie him up and throw him in the non existence closet in our house (seriously, we have no closets, it's an old house)

Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

TNG, 2x20 - The Emissary

TNG, 2x21 - Peak Performance

TNG, 2x22 - Shades of Grey ( I expected a more exciting season finale TBH. But I know that season 3 finale... that's gonna be awesome. )

sigpic

Comment

"The Alternative Factor"
                          Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 28, Disc 9

Comment

TNG: Violations.
                            Ironic how the first episode to be produced after Gene Roddenberry's death is called 'Violations'. It's a great episode, I think. Sure, Deanna has another telepathic rape episode, but the traumatic flashbacks for her, Riker and Crusher are nice.
                            And who can forget the immortal Worf pimp slap?!
                            Last edited by nx01a; 11 August 2010, 03:59 PM.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              TNG: Violations.
                              Ironic how the first episode to be produced after Gene Roddenberry's death is called 'Violations'. It's a great episode, I think. Sure, Deanna has another telepathic rape episode, but the traumatic flashbacks for her, Riker and Crusher are nice.
                              And who can forget the immortal Worf pimp slap?!
                              Thanks for posting that link. He didn't even break a sweat or seemed in the least bit anxious.
                              sigpic

Comment

DS9: The House of Quark.
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X