Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNG: The Icarus Factor and part of The Enemy.
    sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Armageddon Game.
      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
      - R.E.M.

Comment

New Voyages Pilot "Come What May"

Wow, I'd like some butter with the corn, please. I know TOS could be corny, but this puts it to shame
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Watched TNG's Pen Pals for the first time in many years. It's interesting what years of experience and being a completely different person will do for one's perspective on the Prime Directive.
          sigpic

Comment

Prime Directive rant...
            Spoiler:
            What other perspective is there? What's more important: a few billion lives or a 'culture' that is constantly changing and evolving? I never understood how the Fed can stand back and watch whole races get wiped out. Who cares if you radically alter their 'culture'? People have to be alive to have a culture. The real reason behind the Prime Directive is not wanting to expend resources on races without warp capability, people who won't add anything to the Fed but who'll be a 'drain' on it. The Federation's just stingy with its welfare grants, that's all.

VOY: Fury.
            Kes!
            Psychokinetics!
            No long hair, tight bodysuit or boots.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Prime Directive rant...
              Spoiler:
              What other perspective is there? What's more important: a few billion lives or a 'culture' that is constantly changing and evolving? I never understood how the Fed can stand back and watch whole races get wiped out. Who cares if you radically alter their 'culture'? People have to be alive to have a culture. The real reason behind the Prime Directive is not wanting to expend resources on races without warp capability, people who won't add anything to the Fed but who'll be a 'drain' on it. The Federation's just stingy with its welfare grants, that's all.

VOY: Fury.
              Kes!
              Psychokinetics!
              No long hair, tight bodysuit or boots.
              To this day, Fury remains one of my favorite Voyager episodes from season 6.

About the Prime Directive:

Spoiler:
              When I first watched Pen Pals when it first aired a long time ago, I understood where Picard and Riker were coming from and not entangling themselves in the affairs of pre-warp civilizations. At the time I was on the fence about the PD but after over 20 years of life experiences later, I'm in a considerably different position now. After having watched Pen Pals earlier tonight, I personally found it appalling that they even considered not helping Sarjenka and her people.

Given my chosen profession in life, I have to fill the role of protector as well as enforcer. Picard & Riker getting irritated with Data for wanting to protect and save a little girl and her species in the name of a philosophy was just so... ridiculous to me. That would be tantamount to me turning my back on an imperiled, helpless child and her family while I'm on duty. Utterly, absolutely, ridiculous. The PD was virtually absent on DS9. Another reason I liked that show so much. End of rant.
              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 26 July 2010, 11:41 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Star Trek Pilot "The Cage"
                Star Trek 1.01 "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
                Star Trek 1.02 "The Corbomite Maneuver"
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Trek First Contact
                  (For the 24th time)
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end...

Comment

Star Trek 1.03 "Mudd's Women"
                    Star Trek 1.04 "The Enemy Within"

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Star Trek 1.03 "Mudd's Women"
                      Star Trek 1.04 "The Enemy Within"
                      And your TOS rewatch was going so well up til now.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It's not all bad....

Spoiler:

I'M CAPTAIN KIRRRRRRRRRRRK!

edit;
                        Star Trek 1.05 "The Man Trap"
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 27 July 2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Star Trek 1.06 "The Naked Time"

Star Trek New Voyages 1.01 "In Harm's Way"
                          Star Trek New Voyages 1.02 "To Serve All My Days"
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 July 2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Watched TNG's Samaritan Snare for the first time in many years. Seeing Picard and Wesley on that shuttlecraft together talking made me realize how much of a curmudgeon Picard could be. How wonderfully awesome. Of all the Starfleet captains we've seen, I've seen only seen Sisko get more irate than that.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Galileo Seven
                              Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 17, Disc 6

The Squire of Gothos
                              Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 18, Disc 6

Arena
                              Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 19, Disc 6

Comment

DS9 -Profit and Loss.
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X