Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    It was a bad episode, but I hardly discount it as being canon. It happened to the characters. Sad but true. It happened to them on-screen, not in a book or a comic or a fan produced work. Nothing tptb say can discount the fact that it got made, aired and lives on. It's canon.

I rationalize it that Tom just entered some strange anomalous subspace realm but never actually hit 'warp 10'... 'cause that's stupid. Him mating with Janeway and breeding... I got nothing.
    It's like SG-1's 'Hathor'. The episode was all kinds of wrong and just plain bad and tptb have distanced themselves from it, but it still happened. Yes. That hot tub scene happened.
    Um yes. What they produce is going to be good and bad. Its the truth that no work is perfect and their will always be bad episodes. However its the writers specfically the showrunner of the show decided what is canon. Thats what canon means what the creator says goes about the show
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      Warp 10 was also broken once in the old star trek series, and in TNG.

And if you look at future timelines, and future technology... things can indeed go faster.
      Thats the point. The notion Warp 10 makes you occupy every point in the universe is so stupid
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Thats the point. The notion Warp 10 makes you occupy every point in the universe is so stupid
        so is the notion of warp 11, 12 and onward... but those are still canon. The transporter turning you into children? that's stupid. A single individual with control over anything and everything in the universe? that's stupid... I fail to see how this goes above those.

I still would like to see a quote from the writers saying this isn't canon.

Comment

so is the notion of warp 11, 12 and onward... but those are still canon. The transporter turning you into children? that's stupid. A single individual with control over anything and everything in the universe? that's stupid... I fail to see how this goes above those.
          Because the writers said so
          Jelgate is right

Comment

so is the notion of warp 11, 12 and onward... but those are still canon.
            In the TOS-era warp scale, it was adjusted for the TNG era. And what happened in All Good Things... is not part of the canon history, as it is an alternate future which didn't happen for the 'real' crew.

The transporter turning you into children? that's stupid.
            May well be, but they made an entertaining episode out of it that they weren't so horribly ashamed of that they disavowed its existence.

A single individual with control over anything and everything in the universe? that's stupid...
            That's not stupid.

I already posted that in this thread, read back a few posts.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I already posted that in this thread, read back a few posts.
              That's not an official quote to the fans stating that this episode isn't canon.

I want to see that. What they said in that tiny article was what they thought. They weren't telling us it wasn't canon.

That's not stupid.
              Where's the scientific backup for someone to control everything in existence? If that's not stupid, I don't know what is. That's the closest to magic as Star Trek comes.

Comment

Omniscient and omnipotent beings have been part of Star Trek since TOS.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Omniscient and omnipotent beings have been part of Star Trek since TOS.
                  Yes, but where's the science behind it?

Comment

There was no science behind communicators or transporters or force fields when they were first written. Where's the science behind time travel? Please tell me you don't believe that slingshotting around a star will send you back in time....

Comment

There was no science behind communicators or transporters or force fields when they were first written. Where's the science behind time travel? Please tell me you don't believe that slingshotting around a star will send you back in time....
                      Now that's just bad writing.

But even though they didn't tell us the science behind those things, were could at least assume that there was something behind it.

With a being like the Q, we're just supposed to believe they're omnipotent... because they just are?

I don't even know where we were going with this argument. I'm lost.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        We can start a thread re: Trek canon.
                        VOY: Live Fast and Prosper. Always makes me smile.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          We can start a thread re: Trek canon.
                          VOY: Live Fast and Prosper. Always makes me smile.
                          Star Trek seems to rip apart it's own canon more often then any other show.

Comment

Star Trek seems to rip apart it's own canon more often then any other show.
                            That has a lot to do with it having one of the longest history
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Voyager: Dreadnought
                              sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Rivals.

Not a very good episode.
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X