Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure does when he's the guy co-running the franchise for 9 more seasons.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nope.

If the episode was that bad, and everyone dislikes it... it should be purged from the show, and removed from the DVDs.

Is it?

Comment

Shows' creative people don't make the DVDs.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Shows' creative people don't make the DVDs.

Comment

Actually I have to agree DigiFluid. The writers decide canon and they decidied because hoe bad it was that Threshold was noncanon. Especially the canon violations of warp drive
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Forget the whole warp 10 crap. Paris and Janeway mated... and the crew left the babies behind! Epic fail.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

VOY: Dragon's Teeth.
                An enjoyable episode. The Vaadwaur just have a cool name. And Neelix saves the day! It's a real pity we never saw the Vaadwaur again, the subspace corridors made them a prime choice for a recurring villain.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Actually I have to agree DigiFluid. The writers decide canon and they decidied because hoe bad it was that Threshold was noncanon. Especially the canon violations of warp drive
                  Psh. That's bull.

I don't care how bad an episode is... how bad the writing is... or how bad the science is.

You can't just arbitrarily discount an episode. There are numerous episodes that are more worse, faar more worse then this one. Those should be non canon too then?

Let's just discount every bad episode then! Lets discount the entire Enterprise universe!

Comment

When you're the writer and the showrunner, yes, you can.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      When you're the writer and the showrunner, yes, you can.
                      I find that highly disturbing that the writers can decided what's canon, and what's not just because of the episodes quality. and what they like.

I don't believe that's how shows are run.

Meh. this episode is canon. They even make reference to it several seasons down the line.

A few peoples opinion's and bad taste aren't going to change that for me.

Comment

They are the writers and show-runners. With every stroke of their pen, every key they press, they decide what's canon and what isn't. It's the whole freaking job description!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Psh. That's bull.

I don't care how bad an episode is... how bad the writing is... or how bad the science is.

You can't just arbitrarily discount an episode. There are numerous episodes that are more worse, faar more worse then this one. Those should be non canon too then?

Let's just discount every bad episode then! Lets discount the entire Enterprise universe!
                          I can't but the writers can. The creators of the work decide what is and is not canon.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Can anyone find me a direct quote, stating that this entire episode is non canon from the series? and that the fans should discount it? Something official.

Not some side comment from the producers saying they personally discount this episode themselves.

Comment

It was a bad episode, but I hardly discount it as being canon. It happened to the characters. Sad but true. It happened to them on-screen, not in a book or a comic or a fan produced work. Nothing tptb say can discount the fact that it got made, aired and lives on.

It's canon.

I rationalize it that Tom just entered some strange anomalous subspace realm but never actually hit 'warp 10'... 'cause that's stupid. Him mating with Janeway and breeding... I got nothing.
                              It's like SG-1's 'Hathor'. The episode was all kinds of wrong and just plain bad and tptb have distanced themselves from it, but it still happened. Yes. That hot tub scene happened.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Warp 10 was also broken once in the old star trek series, and in TNG.

And if you look at future timelines, and future technology... things can indeed go faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X