Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNG "The Most Toys"

Another great episode.

Comment

I just finished watching TNG's Lonely Among Us. Seeing O'Brien try to handle the Selay and Antican delegates was hilarious.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Just put on First Contact (BD), launching my Trek 'alternate universe' watch-through
        Continued this watch-through while in the hospital the last few days:

ENT 1.01-02 "Broken Bow"
        ENT 1.03 "Fight or Flight"
        ENT 1.04 "Strange New World"
        ENT 1.05 "Unexpected"
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some really awesome TOS/TNG watching going on. I r jelus. Nothing much Trekwise from me apart from catching some of VOY - "Parallax".

Continued this watch-through while in the hospital the last few days:

ENT 1.01-02 "Broken Bow"
          ENT 1.03 "Fight or Flight"
          ENT 1.04 "Strange New World"
          ENT 1.05 "Unexpected"
          Are you feeling ok, Digi?
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I had to get a lobotomy in order to sit through it

Nah remember a while back I decided to reconcile ENT by calling it a divergent universe that began with First Contact and ends (currently) with Trek 2009? I decided to put my money where my mouth is and try to enjoy it as that separate entity
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nah remember a while back I decided to reconcile ENT by calling it a divergent universe that began with First Contact and ends (currently) with Trek 2009? I decided to put my money where my mouth is and try to enjoy it as that separate entity
              That's actually a really good way to look at the series.

Maybe I can sit through it too with the frame of mind.

Comment

Nah remember a while back I decided to reconcile ENT by calling it a divergent universe that began with First Contact and ends (currently) with Trek 2009? I decided to
                put my money where my mouth is and try to enjoy it as that separate entity
                LOL. Yeah, I remember reading your post a while ago. I've never really had a problem regarding Enterprise as canon - I only wish that the show could have stood on its own two feet without that stupid Temporal Cold War getting in the way. I said to myself TF! when Archer told Daniels and his future buddies to get the hell out of his century.

How's it going this time around?
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Not too bad....I was thinking about starting a thread on the issue but I've been pretty doped up on painkillers the last few days so I don't know that my thoughts on the first few episodes would be terribly cogent

Comment

Does this mean no more ENT hate, Digi? It had great episodes... and stinkers... just like any other Trek series.

Have you found a way to enjoy VOY?
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Does this mean no more ENT hate, Digi? It had great episodes... and stinkers... just like any other Trek series.

Have you found a way to enjoy VOY?
                      I'll reserve judgment on whether it deserves the VOY treatment until I'm done the series

Haven't decided yet whether I'm going to skip Regeneration and TAtV though.... Besides being just a generally awful episode, TAtV also clashes with my ENT worldview. And Regeneration just offends my sense of basic logic

Comment

TatV is just horrid. I never rewatch it. My ENT stops at the sad yet hopeful Terra Prime.
                        I'm rewatching VOY now myself. Well, the episodes I really loved. I'm enjoying the shift from Kes to 7/9. Issues of individuality, conformity, humanity. Funfunfun.

VOY: The Omega Directive
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yeah....I may just stop on Terra Prime. Was considering giving the 'relaunch' books a shot too (Good That Men Do/Kobiyashi Maru/Raptor's Wing), particularly considering TGTMD basically goes ahead and dismisses everything in TAtV as fraud and cover-up lol. But I guess that depends on whether or not I want to gouge my eyes out by the end of the series

Comment

There's the hate again. The show floundered the first two seasons but was great for the last two.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Relax, I'm keeping an open mind

Comment

sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X