Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, the new one
    sigpic

Comment

I think he's doing what JJ wants new fans to do: start thinking of Star Trek as the only Trek. Ever.
      Nice temporal anomaly in your sig, btw.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

thankyou

i was brought up on the first ST and then ST.TNG, which i loved ive watched some DS9 and i thought that was pretty good too, im afraid i didnt like the Enterprise tho, Voyager, well not to bad, but this new film to me is something else, its the best money ive spent on a DVD in some time
        sigpic

Comment

DS9 7.19 "Strange Bedfellows" -- The writers and Louise Fletcher did an awesome job in this episode. Her transition to the dark side was more believable in 44 minutes than Anakin Skywalker's was in 3 movies

DS9 7.20 "The Changing Face of Evil" -- I still think it's BS that they destroyed the Defiant. Great dramatic moment to be sure, but what the hell. And then to replace it right away with an identical ship that gets rechristened "USS Defiant", what a waste. Solid episode otherwise though. Rock on, Damar!

DS9 7.21 "When It Rains…" -- Kira in a Starfleet uniform? Weiiiiiiird! Neat though, and I love the irony of her teaching Cardassian rebels how to be terrorists against an occupying force We find out Odo has the plague, and Gowron steals command away from Martok. "When it rains" indeed!

DS9 7.22 "Tacking Into the Wind" -- Poor Damar, loses his family and has to shoot his buddy all in the same episode And good riddance, Gowron. Put on the throne by Worf, removed by Worf. Never liked you and your crazy eyes much anyway.

You know what's especially great about the Final Ten is how incredibly well they all gel together. Earlier episodes in the series can feel like they drag on at 44 minutes, but these are all so well put together that I hardly expect episodes to end when they do
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Slow down! Don't rush it!
            Kira in that uniform... Hot.
            Gowron's eyes WERE weird, weren't they?! I couldn't tell if it was just the makeup or if the actor was overacting or what.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm not rushing, I just don't have anything better to do Besides I have 3 rewatches going on right now....it'll be a relief to work it down to 1, and my Trek rewatch has been going on for SO long

I do think the EYES are a bit of Robert O'Reily OTT acting though. Watch the end of "The Way of the Warrior" when he says "this I do not forgive....OR FORGET!" He really, really exaggerates it
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Makes me laugh every time!
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Me too, and I really don't think that was the intent of such a serious moment

Comment

But how can it not be?!
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

VOY: Scientific Method
                      sigpic

Comment

DS9 7.23 "Extreme Measures" -- I think Sloan's suicide here is a bit of a story cop-out, but I really like all the exploration of his mind and psyche. I especially like that there's a part of him which is remorseful and hates what he became.

DS9 7.24 "The Dogs of War" -- My least favourite of the Final Ten. It reverses a bunch of the stories set up to this point, and spends way too much time on the Ferengi stuff. And where the hell did Rom get 5000 bars of latinum?

DS9 7.25-26 "What You Leave Behind" -- Awesome, amazing, stellar episode. Just brilliant

I really wish there was another series or something set after the Dominion War. If it's immediately after, great....the AQ is just in ashes. The Federation is badly beaten up, the Klingon Empire is going to take 10 years to rebuild (unless, as Enterprise suggests, they join the Federation), the Romulans have had their asses handed to them....and on the other side, the Breen Confederacy is presumably occupied territory, the Cardassian Union simply doesn't exist anymore, Cardassia Prime itself is in ruin. Great Material all around.

And even if they fast forward ahead a ways, they could dream up all sorts of wonderful scenarios that happened between WYLB and their series....

Oh the possibilities....

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          VOY: Scientific Method
                          One of my favourite Voyager episodes!

Sorry to hear that your Trek has come to an end, Digi. But, at least, it ended on a high note. You should watch ST: XI to round it out. Come full circle back to TOS where you started.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm hoping to get the Trek2009 BD for Xmas

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I really wish there was another series or something set after the Dominion War. If it's immediately after, great....the AQ is just in ashes. The Federation is badly beaten up, the Klingon Empire is going to take 10 years to rebuild (unless, as Enterprise suggests, they join the Federation), the Romulans have had their asses handed to them....and on the other side, the Breen Confederacy is presumably occupied territory, the Cardassian Union simply doesn't exist anymore, Cardassia Prime itself is in ruin. Great Material all around.

And even if they fast forward ahead a ways, they could dream up all sorts of wonderful scenarios that happened between WYLB and their series....

Oh the possibilities....
                              So many, many rich possibilities. In DS9, the Reconstruction Blues have the potential to be as interesting as the war itself. Cardassia struggling to find a less authoritarian way of living, Bajor's entry into the Federation...it goes on and on.
                              sigpic

Comment

It also has the potential to become the first half of Babylon 5 s5. Sad to say, but true.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X