Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 7.05 "Chrysalis" -- Bleh.

DS9 7.06 "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River" -- Excellent.

DS9 7.07 "Once More Unto the Breach" -- Poor Kor.

DS9 7.08 "The Siege of AR-558" -- Awesome.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      DS9 7.08 "The Siege of AR-558" -- Awesome.
      One of my all-time favorite DS9 episodes. Actually, it's one of my favorite ST episodes of all-time. It's brilliant in so many ways. I think a big part of it was the episode was directed by Winrich Kolbe, a Vietnam vet.
      sigpic

Comment

I'd rather watch a Ferengi episode.
        'Blaze of Glory'. Eddington, the anti-Federation voice, is always a pleasure. I only got through the first half due to work stuff, but I made sure I saw the runabout 'ignite the plasma' [that statement is all kinds of wrong] and take out the Jem'hadar fighters. It looks like they're being taken to the Delta Quadrant. Someone should make that fan video.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          I'd rather watch a Ferengi episode.
          Easy there, Mr. Hooray for Genocide

DS9 7.09 "Covenant" -- A really solid Dukat/Kira episode. Good stuff all around. Though I think I might've liked it better if, rather than go all toxic kool aid on everyone, Dukat had either a) kept the cult till the end of the series; or b) taken the pill and been resurrected by a Pah Wraith.

Star Trek Insurrection -- Honestly, I don't think it's a bad movie. I think there's a lot of merit in what they're doing, and it could've been a pretty cool last bang for the TNG crew to 'go rogue' to defend the principles of the Federation (btw nx, were the Son'a right here too?). Where I think it falls flat is in that it retreads territory that TNG already did in "Journey's End" and "Homefront"/"Paradise Lost". I think this could have been a ton more interesting--and much more closely related to "All Good Things..." if they'd chosen to focus on more of that "perfect moment" business. Oh well. Adios, crew of the Enterprise. I will miss you.

DS9 7.10 "It's Only A Paper Moon" -- Poor Nog
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I prefer Star Trek:Nemesis over Star Trek:Insurrection. That is how much I hate Insurrection.

*runs away from mob*
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Jel: You'd better engage at maximum warp, mister.
              Digi: Don't drink the koolaid!
              Right? Of course not. The Baku were cute and harmless. It's a good thing Riker blew so many of the Son'a to heck and back! Pity we didn't get them all...
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 7.11 "Prodigal Daughter" -- Fantastic Ezri episode.

DS9 7.12 "The Emperor's New Cloak" -- In a word....crap. Mirror Ezri is great but....why is Intendant Kira kissing her? I always took her attraction to herself as being a kind of extreme narcissism, not bisexuality. And I swear I've seen cloaking devices in the Mirror Universe before.

DS9 7.13 "Field of Fire" -- Love Ezri but the episode is kind of ho hum. And why didn't they bring back the original Joran actor?

DS9 7.14 "Chimera" -- Not my favourite episode as its own story, but SO important to the ongoing Odo story arc.
                Last edited by DigiFluid; 09 December 2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I didn't care for the first 'Miles goes undercover with the Orion Syndicate' episode, and the follow-up isn't one of my favourites. I did like Ezri's artistic brother, reminded me a bit of myself.
                  'Emp Cloak' is just... horrid. The mirror universe's stance that 'gay/bi = the opposite of good' really made me gag this episode, as did the rampant nature of it among the tightly-clad sexy ladies. Well, it makes me smile, but what it seems to be saying makes me gag.
                  'Field of Fire' does little for me. Season 7 seemed to be the 'Evil Vulcan' season. First, the stuck up Vulcan baseball team, now the homicidal Vulcan. Boo on dissing Vulcans! Boo!
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9- "The Sword of Kahless."

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      DS9 7.12 "The Emperor's New Cloak" -- In a word....crap. Mirror Ezri is great but....why is Intendant Kira kissing her? I always took her attraction to herself as being a kind of extreme narcissism, not bisexuality. And I swear I've seen cloaking devices in the Mirror Universe before.
                      Definitely not one of my favorite episodes but DS9 when it's bad is better than other sci-fi when it's good. You're correct about the cloaking devices. In the very first mirror episode, the Alliance does indeed have cloaking devices. An interesting irony that the final mirror episode contradicts something established in the first mirror episode.

DS9 7.13 "Field of Fire" -- Love Ezri but the episode is kind of ho hum. And why didn't they bring back the original Joran actor?
                      The original actor was unavailable for the shoot. I love investigative stories so this was one I turn to watch every once in a while. Joran appearing playing that electronic keyboard complete with black candles was a nice touch to his character, I thought.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah. I wonder what he was doing then? Though I do agree that, yes, the keyboard was a nice touch.

DS9 7.15 "Badda-Bing Badda-Bang" -- Love this episode, so much fun before things go on their final serious adventure. And Vic and Sisko singing together is one of the series highlights IMO

DS9 7.16 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" -- Interesting, all around.

DS9 7.17 "Penumbra" -- Good, but mostly a lot of setup. Really kicked into high gear at the end with Sisko's vision from Sarah.

DS9 7.18 "'Til Death Do Us Part" -- Amazing Dukat/Winn stuff, and Sarah's interruption of Sisko's wedding was an amazing way of showing how very much she wanted to protect him.
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 December 2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

You're getting towards The End of Star Trek [well, for you, anyway]. :'( What will you do now?! :'(
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            You're getting towards The End of Star Trek [well, for you, anyway]. :'( What will you do now?! :'(
                            I know, I'm almost done! It's taken forever, you guys know I've been doing this since the beginning of TOS....

I'm also doing an SG-1 rewatch that I started when I got Trek-stalled by slow shipping. I've been doing an episode-by-episode take on that on the SG-1 subforum here, in case you've missed it

I'm finishing up season 8 of this, so once I'm done there and DS9 I'll be motoring through Seasons 9 and 10, and after that probably Farscape again since I just got the series collection set

Comment

I just watched the Star Trek movie and loved every single minute of it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                I just watched the Star Trek movie and loved every single minute of it
                                Uhm, there's been 11...

Comment

Working...
                                X