Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 6.07 "You Are Cordially Invited"
    DS9 6.08 "Resurrection"
    DS9 6.09 "Statistical Probabilities"
    DS9 6.10 "The Magnificent Ferengi"

Oh god, what an awful stretch of episodes
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I actually liked You are Cordially Invited and Stastisical Probablities and for a Quark episode the Magnificent Ferengi isn't the worse I've seen
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Digi... 'Sacrifice of Angels' is 6x06, so it IS [or they ARE] The Six!

I enjoyed 'Statistical Probabilities'. 'Resurrection' was... ugh. the others were... meh.

Continuing my slow yet steady rewatch of The Six... 'Rocks and Shoals' aka 'A Day in the Life of Kira'. I thought she was hopeless in 'A Time to Stand', but Nana really acted the hell out of Kira's position of being effectively helping the Dominion tighten their grip on Bajor. The vedek's suicide has to be one of the most disturbing things ever seen in Trek.
        This episode has one of my favourite Trek openers: flying blind into the dark matter nebula [which looks JUST like the one in ENT's First Flight How's THAT for continuity?], Garak adjusting his visor, looking in horror, "Oh, no... Hold on!", the shot panning out from the ship as it plunges towards the planet... Beautiful.
        Yup. More reason to hate lawyers in this one. The Vorta really are evil. Of course, I suppose that makes the Founders even more evil for making them that way. Sisko had a begrudging respect for the Jem'hadar, esp. the third. I enjoyed this episode infinitely more than 'The Ugh of SR-71' or whatever it was called. Rather, I should say that I enjoyed this episode. Period.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 6.11 "Waltz"
          DS9 6.12 "Who Mourns for Morn?"
          DS9 6.13 "Far Beyond the Stars"
          DS9 6.14 "One Little Ship"

Now that's more like it!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Blaze of Glory". Cheerie bye, Eddington.

"Empok Nor" later this evening. Haven't seen this episode in years.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

"Far Beyond the Stars" again, my dad wanted to watch it.

Comment

DS9 6.15 "Honor Among Thieves"
                DS9 6.16 "Change of Heart"
                DS9 6.17 "Wrongs Darker than Death or Night"
                DS9 6.18 "Inquisition"

Comment

DS9 6.19 "In the Pale Moonlight" -- One of the best in the whole series, if not the entire franchise. Truly, simply, brilliant.

DS9 6.20 "His Way" -- An unlikely episode to follow on Pale Moonlight, but more than charming in its own way. I always loved Vic Fontaine, so it's nice to finally see him introduced after all this Star Trekking!

DS9 6.21 "The Reckoning" -- I remember not liking it, but enjoyed it a lot more this time around.

DS9 6.22 "Valiant" -- Oh my god you stupid, smug, self-important kids. You all deserve to die; and for not taking command immediately, Nog deserved to too.
                  Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 December 2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

"In the Cards". Hmm. Always was a bit of an odd episode for me.

Oh, and previously - "Empok Nor". Holy tilted space station, Batman! It's full of crazy drugged up Cardies!

Comment

DS9 6.23 "Profit and Lace" -- A horrible episode to start on, considering I'd just finished watching "Heroes, Part 2" in my SG-1 rewatch.

DS9 6.24 "Time's Orphan" -- I remember really not liking this episode, but this time was different. I didn't even hate Keiko in it, I thought it was a really good, different sort of a story. And if Dax's exit wasn't coming up so quickly, I think it could've been a really good story point if the O'Briens really had lost their daughter at the end of it. Really horrible heart-wrenching stuff, would've been bril

DS9 6.25 "The Sound of Her Voice" -- Wake me when it's over, mmkay?

DS9 6.26 "Tears of the Prophets" -- Big day for rewatches....lost two major characters in one day for me. A very good, very different season finale. The Federation Alliance makes its first offensive push into Dominion space, and their great victory is overshadowed by a major defeat back home on the station. This is the sort of death that fiction needs to see more often just because it's so powerful, a death that's tragic and crushing because it's without meaning. Earlier in the season I was very much looking forward to Jadzia being gone--having now watched this one, I'm very sad to see her go (again)

Comment

DS9 7.01 "Image in the Sand" -- A great season opener.

DS9 7.02 "Shadows and Symbols" -- Even better than Part 1.

DS9 7.03 "Afterimage" -- Disappointing, if necessary.

DS9 7.04 "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" -- Love this episode, and I don't even like baseball

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

DS9 7.03 "Afterimage" -- Disappointing, if necessary.
                          Heretic. Burn him.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Heretic. Burn him.
                            Why must every character who joins a series mid-stream have a "boo hoo, I'm not good enough for the team. Oh wait, I am!' episode?

Comment

"Call to Arms". BOOOM!

"A Time to Stand". The episode begins with the Federation running with their tails between their legs. Then, our gallant crew gets the chance to make a strike back at the Dominion using something they found a little earlier in the series.

The exchanges between Kira and Dukat were brilliant. My favourite was a recommendation to Dukat that he needs a breath mint or two.

And so begins my favourite ever run of DS9 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                                "Call to Arms". BOOOM!

"A Time to Stand". The episode begins with the Federation running with their tails between their legs. Then, our gallant crew gets the chance to make a strike back at the Dominion using something they found a little earlier in the series.

The exchanges between Kira and Dukat were brilliant. My favourite was a recommendation to Dukat that he needs a breath mint or two.

And so begins my favourite ever run of DS9 episodes.
                                "A Time to Stand" really started widening the scope of the series for me. Showing a different starbase and infiltrating Cardassian territory with a stolen Dominion ship was incredibly bold. I found myself thinking, "They've never done anything like this on Trek before."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X