Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    DS9 5.12 "The Begotten" -- I really like most of this episode, Odo learning to be a father (so to speak) to the infant changeling, and coming to terms with Dr. Mora. The Kira/birth b-plot fell a little flat IMO. And no matter how many times I watch this episode, I still don't quite know how to feel about the dying infant changeling being able to give Odo his abilities back.
    I'm not clear on most Treknobabble, but all I know is that, as its last act, it tried to merge with the only 'parent' it knew, an act that jump-started Odo's abilities. Maybe that's all it would have taken to restart his powers, anyway: Odo going to the Founders, admitting he was wrong and begging to be a part of the Great Link, followed by linking and regaining his abilities. These Founders, Elim, they're very good.
    The episode's one of my favourites... as you can tell. Even the Kira/Miles/KEIKO!!!!! scenes. And Odo and Kira at the end, both having 'lost' 'children' consoling each other... Pure squee.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Earlier, it was:

"Business as Usual"
      and
      "Ties of Blood and Water"

The Ferengi episode was fairly decent and "Ties of Blood and Water" was a very good follow up to the season three episode, "Second Skin". There was lots of small details that I missed the first time I watched these episodes.
      Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 21 November 2009, 12:49 PM.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I watched the the 2009 Star Trek film, it was amazing! I'm sorry, but I loved it. It all made sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I watched the the 2009 Star Trek film, it was amazing! I'm sorry, but I loved it. It all made sense to me.
          I watched that last night. And I will probably watch it again later this coming week. I can't get enough of it.

As for today, I watched TNG episode "Genesis". It had been quite awhile since I'd seen this one.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And...? Does the Barclarachnid still make you jump?
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Experiencing my usual nightly bout of insomnia these days, I decided to watch Voyager's "Good Shepherd" on Spike. It had been quite some time since I had watched this episode and had almost forgotten how much I liked it. As a stand-alone episode, I thought it was one of Voyager's strongest offerings in season 6.

Mortimer Harren (Jay Underwood) greatly reminded me of McKay, actually. I chuckled to myself, thinking that this is what McKay would be in the Star Trek universe--a lonely, low-ranking misfit on a starship. Nonetheless, Harren's interactions, worked very well together with the rest of the characters. I especially liked Paris' line, "Your creative use of the minus sign."

I knew when I first saw the episode air long ago that we probably weren't going to see these characters again, which was the case for the majority of the characters in Voyager. Still, it would have been nice to see these three characters followed-up. But there's the magic reset button for ya. *sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

VOY: Coda, Blood Fever
                TOS: That Which Survives
                sigpic

Comment

WGN re-ran "Silicon Avatar" earlier tonight. It's nice to revisit an episode like this, especially since it's been several years since I've seen this episode on the air.
                  sigpic

Comment

TOS: The Lights of Zetar. Yet another "body snatcher" ep, in addition to some of the most blatant sexism ever on TOS.
                    VOY: Unity. The stuff of nightmares indeed. The mere idea that a bunch of former Borg drones who accidentally got their identities back would choose to become a collective again gives me the creeps. Also, it shows that once you're touched by the Borg you're more or less changed forever, reminded me a lot of B5's Shadow slave telepaths with cranial implants.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spike reran Voyager's "Muse" earlier. Though I'm not fond of the stand-alone episode format, this one also stood out to me for a good script mixed with humor and the utilization of Torres as inspiration. This and "Good Shepherd" were a good pair leading to the close of Voyager's sixth season.
                      sigpic

Comment

The other night:

"Ferengi Love Songs".

Urgh. Oh, the things we must endure while on a marathon re-run.

Thankfully, the Rom/Leeta scenes were a bit easier to watch. Maybe for the fact that it wasn't two wrinkly old arse-heads snuggling up to each other made it slightly more palatable. Jeffrey Coombs was great as always chewing up the scenery as Liquidator Brunt.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Tonight, I watched the new Star Trek movie again. This time, my wife and Dad watched it too. I don't see this film ever getting old with me.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What did they have to say? Like? Hate? Love? Isn't a Thanksgiving football game on?
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              What did they have to say? Like? Hate? Love? Isn't a Thanksgiving football game on?
                              They both already saw it with me when it was at the theater. Just watching it again tonight. Both really like it, although my Dad will take some time getting used to the new cast.

As for football, my cable company isn't actually airing the games due to issues with NFL Network. I am listening to it online.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm watching the Reboot as we speak. Perfect end to a 'meh' day.
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X