Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    Careful Digi, your hatred for Keiko is showing!
    It can contrast my love for Keiko
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I've got about a dozen episodes of Enterprise saved on my DVR to watch. I've been trying to watch all of the series but SyFy keeps screwing with the schedule and skipping around seasons. Maybe I'll wait to watch them when my son gets home from school. I turned him into a big Trek nerd (well, scifi in general kind of nerd). Oh, he's 8.

Comment

Sounds like the perfect age jen! You might wait with the T'Pol shower ep until he's a bit older... Or maybe not, if he sees it now he'll probably just wonder what all the fuss is about. I and my hubby are watching one TOS ep most weekday nights, and our 6 month old son is already hooked on the theme tune!

TOS: Wink of an Eye. A fair ep but not one of my favorites. I keep wondering why they didn't give the antidote to the Scalosians as well and let them roam the universe...
        sigpic

Comment

Star Trek XI - Me likey! Although kept expecting Sylar-I mean Spock!-to cut of the top of Kirk's head.......
          sigpic

Comment

DS9 5.07 "Let He Who is Without Sin..." -- Not one of my favourites.

DS9 5.08 "Things Past" -- Odd....but decent.

DS9 5.09 "The Ascent" -- Great stuff.

DS9 5.10 "Rapture" -- Amazing, terrific episode.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ah. 'The Ascent' aka 'Look, ma! New uniforms!' aka 'Bashir gets replaced right... HERE!'.

I watched 'Apocalypse Rising' just now. Wonderful moments for almost everyone, especially Odo and Dukat. Odo's brush with alcoholism was subtle yet chilling, and Dukat NOT doing a TNG and letting Worf try to gull [giggle] the Klingons. Kira blaming two men in the space of ten minutes for getting her pregnant. LOL! And the look on Dukat's face. Speaking of faces, everyone made convincing Klingons... except Worf for some reason. I was sure he'd be found out. Very nice twist with 'Martok' being the Changeling and it all being a Founder plan. These Founders, Elim, they're very good...
              Last edited by nx01a; 17 November 2009, 05:36 PM.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                Ah. 'The Ascent' aka 'Look, ma! New uniforms!' aka 'Bashir gets replaced right... HERE!'.

I watched 'Apocalypse Rising' just now. Wonderful moments for almost everyone, especially Odo and Dukat. Odo's brush with alcoholism was subtle yet chilling, and Dukat NOT doing a TNG and letting Worf try to gull [giggle] the Klingons. Kira blaming two men in the space of ten minutes for getting her pregnant. LOL! Amd the look on Dukats face. Very nice twist with 'Martok' being the Changeling and it all being a Founder plan. These Founders, Elim, they're very good...
                When I watched that not too long ago....man, I know the Founders are doing some pretty evil stuff, but jesus. What a horrifying death for that changeling
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was gonna say that! All that disruptor fire! It was beautiful! Perhaps Trek's most overkill moment?
                  Still, it WAS trying to tentacle rape Odo to death [not to mention destabilize the Klingon Empire].
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 5.11 "The Darkness and the Light" -- Oddly placed, I think. This is the sort of episode that I think, while good, would probably have been better told earlier on in the series when the focus was more on Bajor/Cardassia. For where the show is at this point, it just seems kind of....out of place.

DS9 5.12 "The Begotten" -- I really like most of this episode, Odo learning to be a father (so to speak) to the infant changeling, and coming to terms with Dr. Mora. The Kira/birth b-plot fell a little flat IMO. And no matter how many times I watch this episode, I still don't quite know how to feel about the dying infant changeling being able to give Odo his abilities back.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 November 2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I love the fact that Odo got his changeling status back.

TOS: Elaan of Troyius. Too much like Taming of the Shrew for me, one of the episodes where it really shows how much attitudes to women have changed since the 1960s. And I found the change in Elaan unconvincing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh I do too, it just seems like such a strange way for it to happen.

Comment

Lately I've been watching a lot of Voyager episode.

Voy 4x07 - Scientific Method: The Voyager crew become lab rats for medical/psychological experimentation for an alien race. Solid episode.

Voy 4x11 - Concerning Flight: Da Vinci hologram and Voyager equipments gets stolen and are found on a planet. Not a great episode, but fun to watch now and then. Da Vinci got some nice quote, even if I kept wondering when Janeway was going to get to shut his program and get the emitter back. I'm not a big fan of holodeck episode generally. This episode is like a compromise.

Voy 4x13 - Waking Moments: One of my favorite Voyager episode. I like the plot of the evolution of the mystery. Good Chakotay episode.

Voy 4x20 - Vis a Vis: A alien takes over Tom body. A character episode about Tom having trouble settling down in his more stable life. Its much fun to watch the alien trying to be Tom Paris. Enjoyable episode.

Voy 3X04 - The Swarm: The alien swarm plotline actually takes the back seat to The Doctor matrix disintegration difficulty (when he face death). Great interaction between the doctor and Kes (also with the emh diagnostic program). Solid episode.

Voy 3x23 - Distant origin: Advanced Aliens discover they may be genetically related to human. Good episode.

Voy 3x17 - Unity: Chakotay shuttle crash on a planet after responding to a distress call and encounter ex-borg drones. Some romanticism between Chakotay and the ex-borg lady drone. Not one of my favorite episode, but fun to watch every now and then. Feeling what the other feel at the same time, Chakotay must have had a great "night".
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

DS9 5.13 "For the Uniform"

DS9 5.14 "In Purgatory's Shadow"

DS9 5.15 "By Inferno's Light"

Comment

I also watched:

TNG 4x08 - Future Imperfect: Riker wakes up in the future where he is now captain, but has no recollection of the last 16 years. Great episode. Riker is very intense on this one.

TNG 4x05 - Remember Me: Dr. Crusher watch helpless people disappearing around her. Pretty creepy episode. Nice mystery, great fun.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Last night:

"Doctor Bashir, I...zzzzz".

Just watched:

"Doctor Bashir, I Presume".

Next up was:

"A Simple Investigation". Wasn't really looking forward to this episode as it approached...but it was a lot better than I remember. Go Odo.
                                Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 19 November 2009, 01:00 PM.
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X