Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today i watched:

TNG 4x18, Identity Crisis: A nice Geordi centred episode.

TNG 4x19, The Nth Degree: Focussed on Barclay one of the more momarble recurring characters. The Aliens they encounter have the same mission as the feceration, but a vastly different approach. The floating head was a bit cheesy, but funny.

TNG 4X20, Qpid: Funny epsiode in which Q helps Picard express his love for Vash.

TNG 4X21, The Drumhead: My favourite of the four. It showed that the Federation is just as vulnerable to paranoia and overreactions that can lead to inquisitions as governments today are.
    sigpic

Comment

Last night:
      DS9 4.17 "Accession"
      DS9 4.18 "Rules of Engagement"
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 11 November 2009, 11:30 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watched:

TNG 4x22 Half a Life: Liked it. Lwaxana Troi tries to convince a brilliant scientist (played by David Ogden Stiers) not to commit suicide on his 60th birthday as is the costum for his people.

TNG 4x23 The Host: liked it. Dr. Crusher falls in love with a Trill, but can't deal with the change in hosts. Funny that the Trill in this ep looks nothing like the Trills in DS9.

TNG 4x24 The Mind's Eye: Loved it, it had Romulans. The Romulans are awesome, despite their awful taste in clothes. They are so sneaky and machiavellian.
        sigpic

Comment

Last week I watched:

Voy 4x23 Living Witness: One of my favorite Voyager episode. It touch the subject of revisionist history. I like how they pronounce CHAK-otay.

This last few days, I have been on a Voyager season 7 marathon. This was a great ultimate season. I don't remember having watched those episode often.

Voy 7x06 Inside Man: The episode were a hologram of Barkley is sent. Hologram Barkley is the most sociable and even the center of the party, contrary to his creator. We also see Deanna Troi from TNG. Fun episode.

Voy 7x11 Shattered: Chakotay is stuck in a ship divided by time period. A bit clippy but interesting to watch from time to time.

Voy 7x07 Body And Soul: Great episode. Seven actress is doing a great job at impersonating the doctor. The doctor try to get those people to see photonic people in a different light (no pun ).

Voy 7x15 The Void: One of my favorite Voyager episode. Application on the value of cooperating. Giving out food was a bit extreme in their situation even for the socially evolved enlightened human of the 24th Century. The rest was believable.

Voy 7x20 Author, Author: Very fun to watch the alternative Voyager crew from the Doctor eyes.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

VOY's 'The Void' fits nicely into DS9's 'For the Cause'. Look how sneaky the Federation are! They'll give you things so you'll warm to them and, later on, do exactly what they want. Step out of line and they cut you off and leave you to rot.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              VOY's 'The Void' fits nicely into DS9's 'For the Cause'. Look how sneaky the Federation are! They'll give you things so you'll warm to them and, later on, do exactly what they want. Step out of line and they cut you off and leave you to rot.
              Its a good thing I mentioned the evolved enlightened human of the 24th century.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

DS9 4.19 "Hard Time"
                DS9 4.20 "Shattered Mirror"
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This evening, I watched TNG episode "Ship in a Bottle".
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Earlier tonight, "The Chase" was on cable for TNG--definitely one of my favorite TNG episodes ever. A little later, I watched DS9's "The Siege of AR-558" on DVD. That one was definitely appropriate for Veteran's Day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I love "Rapture" too, it's something about the whole destiny/prophecy/just out of reach thing. I love stuff like that, I'm really looking forward to getting to it in my rewatch.
                      I've never really liked this episode. I never did like The Sisko arc. Would only watch this episode again if I was working my way through the entire series.

Last night I watched:

Star Trek XI for the first time. It was quite good, but there was something missing that didn't quite make it feel like I was watching a Trek film.

And...

"In Purgatory's Shadow". Now this is the kind of DS9 I prefer to watch. Even though I fell asleep during it.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

You were so tuckered [giggle] out after XI that you couldn't stay awake. Nothing to be ashamed of. It's not like you fell asleep during BoBW. Now THAT would be unforgivable!

I started DS9's 'OMGWTFTracyScogginsDestiny' but had to pause for the second episode of V. More 'OMGWTFTracyScogginsDestiny' later.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Tracy Scoggins as a Cardassian was very strange indeed

DS9 4.21 "The Muse" -- Bleh. Nice Anselm follow-up, but that's about it.
                          DS9 4.22 "For the Cause" -- Awesome. Poor Sisko, on two fronts
                          DS9 4.23 "To the Death" -- Not bad.
                          DS9 4.24 "The Quickening" -- Good stuff, much better than I remember it being

Comment

'Destiny' is one of my favourite DS9 episodes. Sisko dealing with the burden of being the Emissary, Kira dealing with the burden of Sisko being the Emissary, nice Cardassians, Tracy Scoggins being reduced to a sexual role as always even though she was going so well as the tough sexist scientist, some great special effects... I love it!

Coming up: 'For the Cause', 'For the Uniform', and 'Blaze of Glory'.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Are you a Eddington fan?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

All 3 episodes feature extensive use of the Badlands. I'm a VFX man. The runabout igniting the plasma [I always had issues with that phrase...] and taking out those two Jem'Hadar fighters... Wow.
                                Yeah, I really love his character. He tries so hard to undermine the footing of the Federation in how it deals with others who don't share its belief systems. He's half right, as is Sisko. A compromise between the two is the best course, I think.
                                I start watching... later today.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X