Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Can we, at least, agree that this is pure brilliance?

"It's vile."
    "I know. It's so bubbly and cloying and happy."
    "Just like the Federation."
    "But you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you start to like it."
    "It's insidious."
    "Just like the Federation."
    "Do you think they'll be able to save us?"
    "I hope so."

It's wonderful how the whole conversation shifts from disliking the Federation to relying on them for salvation. Normally, I'd hate that but it works SO well here with Quark and Garak.
    Of course we can:

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    That's one of my favourite exchanges in all of Star Trek. It just speaks so many volumes about the realities of the Star Trek universe in a way that could never be properly expressed in TOS/TAS or TNG.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow. A triple bill of Trek for me today! Watching Trek is a rare thing these days. Once upon a time, I couldn't make it through the day without watching some Trek.

Anyway, I watched:

"Nor the Battle to the Strong"
      "The Assignment"
      "Trials and Tribble-ations"

Opinions:

Good.
      Arrrgh!
      Awesome!

"Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I watched:

Captive Pursuit: An o.k. episode. Nothing really special but not bad either. Mostly interesting because Tosk accepted the role prescribed to him to the point where he won't consider other options.

Q-Less: Q is an interesting character, however there is no chemistry between him and Sisko. In TNG Q ussually was there for more than just comic relief. I think it was a good decision not to have Q appear again in DS9.

Dax: Amazing episode that gave a deeper insight into the Trill, and further introduced Jadzia Dax.
        sigpic

Comment

DS9 4.04 "Hippocratic Oath" -- A solid Bashir/O'Brien episode, very solid.

DS9 4.05 "Indiscretion" -- Great episode for Dukat, first time we meet Ziyal.... Terrific character development for him, despite the dumb thorn in the ass moment.

DS9 4.06 "Rejoined" -- I realized something during this episode that never once occurred to me in all my Trek watching....I really, really don't like Terry Farrell. Her character is wonderfully interesting, but she doesn't doesn't have the chops to pull it off and this makes it really painful to watch Jadzia-centric stuff.

DS9 4.07 "Starship Down" -- A pretty terrific Das Boot style episode. I've heard a couple others on here criticise it before, but I think it's a good episode.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Speaking ill of Terry?! GASP!

'Paradise Lost' for me.
            Defiant vs. Excelsior. Seriously... What fanboy/girl thought that one up? I want to hug him/her!
            In all honesty, if the people're ok with it, post the security teams on every square inch of Terra Prime. It's not like there wasn't a not very clear yet very present danger... Wow. I swear, I just had a Bush era flashback...
            The only scene that doesn't work for me is when the 'Smiley' changeling comes to Sisko and taunts him for little other reason than just-because. I mean... What did it effect? It really didn't fit with the rest of the episode for me. If it were one of the Evil Admiral's drones in a holo-suit pretending, I might have thought it better, but it just falls flat for me.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

TOS: Is there in truth no beauty? Good ep, with Diana Muldaur as a far more interesting character than Dr Pulaski!
              sigpic

Comment

And only slightly prettier.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  And only slightly prettier.
                  Oh indeed!

It's taken the best part of two days, but, I finally got through the next three episodes.

"Let He Who Is Without Sin..." - Ugh. Ugh. UGH! A truly awful episode.
                  "Things Past" - Fell asleep watching this one.
                  "The Ascent" - Fell asleep watching this one, too.

I've not long finished watching "Rapture". Never really been a fan of Bajoran Prophet based stories. Can't remember too much as it was on while I was doing other things. Oh. Bajor didn't join the Federation, which I think was the main point of the episode.

My rewatch sort of continues...
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I watched:

DS9 The Passenger: Nice episode, except that it is rather predictable that Bashir was hosting the criminal.

DS9 Move Along Home: Meh, not really interesting a race obsessed with games?

I was wondering, did Trek ever give an explenation as to why so many aliens look so much alike?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                      I watched:

DS9 The Passenger: Nice episode, except that it is rather predictable that Bashir was hosting the criminal.

DS9 Move Along Home: Meh, not really interesting a race obsessed with games?

I was wondering, did Trek ever give an explenation as to why so many aliens look so much alike?
                      http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Chase

Comment

Thanks DigiFluid, i'd forgotten about that ep.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          One of TNG's best.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

All that was missing was a shot of a shot of Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian ships [and the Ent D] in orbit. It's one of my faves.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 4.08 "Little Green Men" -- Love love love and adore this episode. End to end it's just hilarious fun

DS9 4.09 "The Sword of Kahless" -- Everyone likes a good quest episode, but somehow this just comes off a little....forced. Kor shows up from nowhere, and they spend most of the episode roaming around in caves dark undoubtedly to hide that it's the same couple of sets used over and over, and Kor and Worf bicker because....the bat'leth (not a sword!) has some mystical One Ring thing going on? Naaaah.

Comment

DS9 4.10 "Our Man Bashir" -- I love how DS9 gave itself the freedom to do episodes like this....completely off-the-wall spy stories, spoofing classics like James Bond

DS9 4.11 "Homefront" -- Another sort of episode that was great for doing stuff that no Trek series did before. Really a great episode for the rising tension in the Federation/Dominion Cold War. The sight of armed Starfleet troops on the streets of New Orleans is....unsettling to say the least.

DS9 4.12 "Paradise Lost" -- Solid conclusion to an attempted coup. Great stuff. It's even more unsettling to see Starfleet ships firing on one another than it was to see troops in the streets.

Comment

Working...
                                X