Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could argue since Kira and Odo are part of Sisko's senior staff that they have honorary postions in Star Fleet. I mean we have seen Kira order Star Fleet personal
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You could argue since Kira and Odo are part of Sisko's senior staff that they have honorary postions in Star Fleet. I mean we have seen Kira order Star Fleet personal
      Odo....well, he's working for both the Bajorans, the Federation, and retains certain Cardassian authority as well, so I suppose that one can slide easily enough--particularly with Eddington attached to the station now as well. Kira's certainly part of the command staff, but she's also a high-ranking member of the Bajoran militia attached to Bajoran space station DS9. Just seems a little odd that despite the Dominion threat, they'd leave the B-squad running the station for a month or two, doesn't it? (IIRC DS9 is a 2-3 week trip from Earth)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ah. The B-Squad: Eddington and... who else? T'Rul?
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 3.13 'Life Support' -- An interesting, if ineffectual episode. Finally Bareil makes an exit after being made redundant some time ago. This is also the episode when Bajor and Cardassia sign a peace treaty, which also never really goes anywhere if I recall correctly. Sure it gets a few mentions in subsequent episodes, and I seem to remember it being a large part of 'Destiny' in a couple episodes, but past that....

DS9 3.14 'Heart of Stone' -- The main story of Kira/Odo in the cave is....well, really rather boring until the end. Then it gets a lot more interesting as we find out it was finally the Female Changeling all along, trying to convince Odo to return to the Great Link. There's something very interesting in the entire conversation. This was also the episode in which Nog decided to attend Starfleet Academy and that whole story was very nice as well. For being an annoying brat at the beginning of the show, Nog really grows into something a lot more interesting.

DS9 3.15 'Destiny' -- Erick Avari! And Tracey Scoggins! Not a bad episode at all, steeped in prophecy and Sisko continuing to struggle with his role as the Emissary. Just generally a lot of interesting stuff, and even more of a tease to have Kusuf start to explain the Fourth Prophecy right at the end of the episode.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 October 2009, 12:37 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Déjà Q (TNG) the funniest ep in the whole franchise
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This evening I watched TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise". Such a good episode.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Favor the Bold
                Sacrifice of Angels
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Favor the Bold.
                  A friend of mine who's more into Star Wars saw the shots of the Federation ships flying in formation and had a minor orgasm. I think I may have converted another one.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

In the Pale Moonlight - brilliant ep
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I hear a lot about that episode. Maybe I should get around and finally watch it.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Space Seed and The Naked Time. Love TOS!
                        sigpic

Comment

DS9 3.16 "Prophet Motive" -- That was....probably not a good episode to come back from my Trek hiatus to

DS9 3.17 "Visionary" -- Is it just me or....does a character having future flashes seem like just a very sci-fi way of saving some money by being able to repeat scenes? Still, this episode did have something hilarious in it: Sisko asking Odo why he would be investigating Quark, and Odo (clearly somewhat bewildered that Sisko would even ask) replies with "I always investigate Quark."

Star Trek Generations -- Wow....aside from some snazzy new bridge retrofitting, the Enterprise has really fallen into horrible disrepair. Ten Forward is massively overcrowded, the lighting systems on the entire ship seem to be malfunctioning, and most horrifying of all: Worf has a seat!

I know this movie gets kind of a bad rap for being a mediocre movie, but I don't think it's as terrible as some make it out to be. Overall I don't really have a lot of complaints about the story, I think it works rather well aside from a couple of little complaints--like why nobody was worrying about Geordi while he was missing. Everyone is involved, and gives solid performances. And Malcolm McDowell gave a fantastic guest villain appearance--though at the expense of established villains Lursa and Betor.

Despite that, the direction of this movie is absolutely terrible. Objects inexplicably blocking faces, reflective surfaces in shots doing nothing at all, uncentred shots with nothing else in the frame, and quite possibly the worst attempt at handheld/shaky cam I've ever seen.

The Blu-ray print of this is....somewhat of a mixed blessing. On the older actors--James Doohan, Walter Koenig, and the Shat--the loads of makeup on their faces is now disturbingly, disgustingly visible. At one point, the line at the edge of Shatner's toupee was even visible!

However, in terms of colour and effects, it looks just stunning. The colour contrasts are crisp and gorgeous and it really shows very well on uniforms, stellar cartography, and of course space shots. Some of the lighting now looks much better as well; the time spent bathed in sunlight near the Armagosa Observatory now actually looks good rather than just washed out. The effects look just stunning as well. The Nexus is just vivid, as are all the space shots. Even the little things like the computer displays are startlingly clear and crisp; it all adds up to a beautiful visual experience.
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 October 2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I love 'Generations'.

Today saw me seeing 'In Purgatory's Shadow'. I'm on a random rewatch schedule, because I just finished 'Past Tense' pts 1 & 2 yesterday.
                            Tain! Taaaiiiiiiin! :'( Poor Garak.
                            The Julian changeling's barely suppressed smirk in the turbolift right after we realized the real Bashir was a prisoner... Priceless. Making me think it was poisoning Miles and Jadzia with kindness/sandwiches... Unfair! The final shot of those beautiful Jem'Hadar ships streaming from the wormhole... Priceless.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

This evening I decided to watch TNG episode "Conundrum".
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Saw that for the first time a few months ago. Enjoyable filler, aka the way filler is supposed to be. TNG really had the most consistently enjoyable filler, didn't it?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X