Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Haters.
    Hey, I like Quark!

Actually I like Quark a whole lot. He adds such an interesting non-Starfleet dimension to the show. And way more interesting than Guinan.

Heading home to watch VOY: The Void. Another one of my fave VOY episodes.
    But, of course, it doesn't exist, right, Digi?
    Sure it exists. Just not in the *real* Star Trek timeline
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Let me put it this way. I like Neelix more then I like Quark.

And I reject your (De)Nile and say VOY is real Star Trek and that The Void is a good episode.:

Now to watch Symbosis.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Re: haters...
        I reject Jel's hatred of Quark and mildly affirm Digi's hatred of Keiko.

The Void was enjoyable as always. The Alliance/mini-Federation was cool, as was the anomaly they were caught in. Almost everyone had a part in this one. Only Harry got sidelined really.
        The same questions of morality vs starvation would be touched on again during the Xindi arc of ENT. I'm not sure how I feel about the situation... but, if forced... If you want to join with us and help each other towards a common goal, great. If you try to steal from/hurt us or others, we blast you and take your stuff.

But how cool would have it been to see Janeway airlock one of the bad captains?
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

So its not right for me to hate Quark but DigiFluid can hate Keiko.

I sense a contradiction
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            So its not right for me to hate Quark but DigiFluid can hate Keiko.

I sense a contradiction
            Nah. Just disagreement

TNG 7.18 'Eye of the Beholder' -- Not a particularly remarkable episode, but it was pretty cool seeing the inside of a warp nacelle.

DS9 2.18 'Profit and Loss' -- Lots of Quark, lots of Garak. Win-win Actually this episode had a ton of Garak development, and was pretty awesome for that even if nothing else.

TNG 7.19 'Genesis' -- Holy crap. De-evolved Klingons = I need a change of shorts

DS9 2.19 'Blood Oath' -- It's so many different kinds of cool that they brought back three notable TOS Klingons--and the actors who originally played them. So cool. And a pretty decent episode otherwise, too.

That'll do for tonight, it's almost 4am
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 22 September 2009, 11:45 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Workforce Pt.I (VOY)
              I don't have time for part II

Comment

This evening I watched the Enterprise episode "The Aenar".
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Today so far, aside from watching the series finale of BSG with a friend I got addicted to the series, I watched:

TNG 7.20 'Journey's End' -- Not even just because he's being a whiny teenager (for a change), but Wesley just doesn't fit in on the Enterprise anymore. Wil Wheaton didn't mesh well with the cast, and it was about time they sent him packing for good. I found the Native Americans / Federation-Cardassian DMZ story far more interesting, particularly as it set the stage for....

DS9 2.20-21 'The Maquis' -- This wonderful two-parter! What 'Journey's End' set up, 'The Maquis' batted out of the park, just terrific material here. Numerous plot threads introduced in both TNG and DS9 come to a head here as armed rebellion takes hold in the DMZ. Moreover, we finally get to hear a Starfleet officer say words that have been demanding to be said for years at this point: "it's easy to be a saint in paradise."

Comment

VOY: Deadlock.
                    It's rare that a tv episode of anything moves me to that weepy point [the most recent example being Torchwood: CoE], but Brannon 'Babykiller' Braga did it in this one. Wonderfully written and acted, another one of my favourite VOY episodes, despite being oppressively sad. One of VOY's best episodes.
                    Poor Ensign Wildman.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

VOY: Deadlock.
                      It's rare that a tv episode of anything moves me to that weepy point [the most recent example being Torchwood: CoE], but Brannon 'Babykiller' Braga did it in this one. Wonderfully written and acted, another one of my favourite VOY episodes, despite being oppressively sad. One of VOY's best episodes.
                      Poor Ensign Wildman.
                      One of my favorite episodes too, I didn't see the ending coming when they switched the ships. But also when the captures came on the bridge, right before it blew up... classic moment !

Comment

DS9: Our Man Bashir, Home Front
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

TNG 7.21 'Firstborn' -- An odd Worf episode. Somehow, Alexander's had a rough go of it in the future and travels back in time to change the past....which he fails to do and time continues on its course anyway. And then, he disappears just as inexplicably as he appeared.

TNG 7.22 'Bloodlines' -- This episode always bored me to death.

DS9 2.22 'The Wire' -- Oh how fantastic this episode is, one of the truly remarkable and notable episodes of season 2. Performances by all actors are really top-notch, the exploration (or non-exploration) of Garak's past are a lot of fun, and there's even a couple little moments that make the show really start to feel like it's in its groove; like in Quark's when Bashir takes away the bottle of canar from Garak and holds it behind his back, gives it a little bounce as Quark is walking past behind him and who takes it without a word. Little touches like that are the sort of thing that made DS9 so great. Also rather interesting that the 'book' that Garak gives to Bashir at the end is a Cardassian novel set in the future, when the Cardassians and the Klingons are at war.

TNG 7.23 'Emergence' -- I always quite liked this episode. I'm not quite sure why....none of the cast really gets enough screen time to do anything really remarkable, there's very little that gets explained in the end, and Picard's faith in the honourability of the ship's logs is a big leap of assumption, but I like it just the same. The mixing programs on the holodeck was really interesting and a lot of fun, the new sets (which were actually borrowed from other things on the Paramount lot) added something fresh, and conceptually I think the idea of the Enterprise computer developing an emergent and sentient intelligence is just way too damn cool.
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 September 2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

DS9 2.23 'Crossover' -- Woohoo! Finally, after nearly a century, we get a return to the mirror universe! Lots of solidly entertaining stuff here Not the least of which was a) Intendant Kira; and b) that wonderfully low-cut dress that both Kiras wore to the party in Quark's. Seriously though, it is a lot of fun seeing all (well, most) of the characters being completely different people.

TNG 7.24 'Preemptive Strike' -- The culmination of the DMZ story as far as TNG is concerned, and a wonderful penultimate episode for the series as a whole. Really good episode overall, and the ending was brilliant. The betrayal itself was not unexpected, but Riker's reaction to it was fantastic, maybe the best acting Frakes has done in the entire run of TNG. His calm and somewhat understanding goodbye to Ro (at phaser-point), followed by Picard's silence at the betrayal capped off a great storyline.

DS9 2.24 'The Collaborator' -- Another great episode from the DS9 side of the border, with just so much going on. The upcoming Kai election, still dealing with the fallout from the Cardassian Occupation, Kai and Bareil's relationship blossoming, lots of awesome Winn being a complete pain in the ass....

I find it interesting that Bajor's decision regarding collaborators was to exile them from their home world forever. Personally, I'm more in the Saul Tigh camp as far as punishing collaborators during a military occupation, but it's interesting just the same. I don't think, to this point, there had been any mention of a Bajoran collaborationist government.

Solid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              DS9 2.23 'Crossover' -- Woohoo! Finally, after nearly a century, we get a return to the mirror universe! Lots of solidly entertaining stuff here Not the least of which was a) Intendant Kira; and b) that wonderfully low-cut dress that both Kiras wore to the party in Quark's. Seriously though, it is a lot of fun seeing all (well, most) of the characters being completely different people.
                              Wasn't Quark executed in this episode?

That makes it in my top 10 favorite episodes just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                Wasn't Quark executed in this episode?

That makes it in my top 10 favorite episodes just for that.
                                Yes. Remember the old saying, The only good Quark is a dead Quark.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X