Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening I watched the Enterprise episode "Babel One".
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I was trying to forget. Just like I'm trying to forget I had to put up with a few minutes of Keiko as well
      Last night:
      DS9 1.20 'In the Hands of the Prophets' -- This episode started out just AWFUL: The Battle of the Shrews, Keiko and Winn. At least Winn is interesting because I know she's going somewhere. Fortunately, the episode ended up being very interesting later on (the less Keiko was in it). Rather reminiscent of the Scopes Trial.
      DS9 1.04 'A Man Alone' -- Another episode which largely fell flat. We get a good reintroduction to Nog, and a first introduction to Rom, which are both nice.Unfortunately both of those are rendered moot by reappearance of The Mighty Shrew Keiko O'Brien.
      This also introduced two longstanding Trek characters. First, O'Brien's (soon to be) wife. Complete and total prima donna, absolute shrew. I hated Keiko from the get-go, and nothing she did for the remainder of TNG or DS9 changed that perception. Actually, I felt kind of sorry for O'Brien. We also got to see Spot for the first time
      Humm, Do I see a pattern here Digi? I think you hate her more then anyone else.

I know you love Keiko deep down inside you somewhere, just look harder.

After all, she wasn't nearly as bad as Riker. He should have been ejected from the ship at episode 1. Actually, beaming him into the sun would have been a more fitting end.

Anyways, just got done watching In The Hands Of The Prophets, an ok season final... not great though.

Comment

Haha Riker I don't mind....he was a little wooden early on, but once he got the beard and started getting his Kirk on I liked him.

Keiko though, oh man I don't know how that was ever a good idea. Most Star Trek characters are some shade of grey....there's things likable about them, there's things dislikable about them, even the so-called bad guys. Keiko though, oh man. The only reason I wouldn't have wanted her airlocked her first appearance would be because I'd hope something horrible would happen to her first.

OOOH I know! We could put her and Rodney McKay in a room together! I don't know which of them would be in more agony!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

TNG 7.09 'Force of Nature' -- Boo! Down with speed limits!

DS9 1.09 'Second Sight' -- Allison from Eureka! That aside....I was reading on Memory Alpha that this was intended as an episode to expand on Sisko because the producers felt that he was far too aloof. Quite the opposite happened here IMO, he came across as even more out of it than normal. At least it had Richard Kiley

TNG 7.10 'Inheritance' -- I don't know....I never noticed this before, but TNG's starting to feel a little long in the tooth at this point. I am amused and puzzled though, as to why classical seems to have been the only music to survive. Nobody rocks out, or listens to hiphop, or chills to some ambient stuff, but everyone shows up for viola concerts in Ten Forward.

DS9 2.10 'Sanctuary' -- Oh man, the alien makeup in this....LOL. They don't look like aliens, they look unwashed! This episode was awesome for two reasons....another sinister mention of the Dominion as a conquering power in the Gamma Quadrant, and the unhappy ending.

TNG 7.11 'Parallels' -- A nice Treknobabble episode, and a great Worf episode that isn't part of the Worf/Klingon Empire story for a change. I notice that at least some of the set pieces from one of the alt-universe Enterprises will show up again in 'All Good Things...'

DS9 2.11 'Rivals' -- Overall kind of a crappy episode (so the Infinite Improbability Drive is now a toy?), but it had some neat little bits and pieces to it. It's kind of cool that Martus is an El Aurian refugee, and Quark gloating over Martus in security at the end was a laugh. I also noticed that in the beginning of the ep, O'Brien still obviously loathed Bashir, but by the end called him Julian.

DS9 2.12 'The Alternate' -- I liked Dr. Mora. I wish he'd been a bit more recurring than the two episodes he appeared in.

TNG 7.12 'The Pegasus' -- First Enterprise to cloak since the original Adm. Pressman made an interesting character in the episode, things always seem to get hairy when there's Admirals around don't they? Doesn't matter which series, they're always causing problems, it's like they have no idea how things work in the field--though one would assume they had to have been captains themselves before making admiral. Nice to see the workforce standard of "failing upward" is still alive and well in the 24th century lol
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 September 2009, 06:28 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

TNG 7.13 'Homeward' -- Another Worf episode? So soon? This is a pleasant little bottle episode, which follows up on a throwaway line from back in season 1 about Worf having an adoptive brother. Nice to see that both of them are honourable men, even if in very different ways.

DS9 2.13 'Armageddon Game' -- And the slow building of the O'Brien/Bashir friendship continues.... Oh, and another Runabout gets destroyed. I seem to remember them going through a lot of them

TNG 7.14 'Sub Rosa' -- An episode that really should've been done years ago, at this point. Incidentally, it's another followup on a season 1 throwaway line. Something I found amusing in a rather twisted way....Beverly's talking to Deanna about how arousing her dream was--and then says that she fell asleep reading her 100+ year old grandmother's diary about making love to her 34 year old lover. Good god, talk about killing any interest in the moment!

Comment

DS9 - Tears of the Prophets
              DS9 - Image in the Sand
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

DS9 2.14 'Whispers' -- An odd, different sort of an episode, told almost exclusively from Doppleganger O'Brien's point of view. I'm not really sure what the point of this was.

TNG 7.15 'Lower Decks' -- Such a fun, different episode. It's a lot of fun to see the workings of the Enterprise from a completely different perspective. Sucks to see Sito Jaxa meet an untimely (and offscreen) death though. I was reading on Wikipedia and imdb that the actress completely dropped off the radar around 1995. Anyone have any idea what she's up to?

DS9 2.15 'Paradise' -- Ugh. Crazy Luddite shrew.

Comment

DS9: Sword Of Kahless
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

DS9 2.14 'Whispers' -- An odd, different sort of an episode, told almost exclusively from Doppleganger O'Brien's point of view. I'm not really sure what the point of this was.

Bah. You're just angry about having to see Keiko.
                    I think the point was to fool the audience and come up with a plot that would have only been resolved by the main character waking from mind control or escaping the holodeck were this TNG. I found this episode incredibly sad. Poor O'Breplicant.

TNG 7.15 'Lower Decks' -- Such a fun, different episode. It's a lot of fun to see the workings of the Enterprise from a completely different perspective. Sucks to see Sito Jaxa meet an untimely (and offscreen) death though. I was reading on Wikipedia and imdb that the actress completely dropped off the radar around 1995. Anyone have any idea what she's up to?

It's like Starfleet wanted to get rid of all of its Bajoran officers by sending them on dangerous undercover missions. Hmm...

DS9 2.15 'Paradise' -- Ugh. Crazy Luddite shrew.

Seconded. Totally seconded.
                    On Saturday I watched VOY: Shattered. It was a great episode, all the period dress and bun [Yes, I'm looking at you, Janeway!], the differences in character over the years, older Icheb and Naomi, 7/9 vs Seska! One of my VOY favourites.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Earlier this evening, I watched the Enterprise episode "United".
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

TNG-Q WHO- Great episode

DS9-Q LESS- hehe loved these two Q episodes
                        Tst

Comment

TNG 7.16 'Thine Own Self' -- I got a kick out of both the plots in this episode; Data without his memory in an alien society, and Troi working on her promotion. Amusingly brought together at the end as Data regains knowledge of himself and asks if she's been promoted in his absence

DS9 2.16 'Shadowplay' -- If I'm not mistaken this is the last ominous mention of the Dominion until their appearance in the season finale. It's a nice little bottle episode otherwise though, a little bit of humanity and big on heart.

TNG 7.17 'Masks' -- I know this episode is pretty roundly panned, but I still enjoy it. Sure there's no real emotional underpinning to the episode, but it makes a fun creepy space adventure. It's a nice kind of Halloween sort of episode.

DS9 2.17 'Playing God' -- Whiny bloody Trill candidate....annoyingly self-righteous Dax.... O'Brien and Kira hunting down the Vole infestation was the highlight of the episode for me And there were a number of really nice (read: hilarious) Quark moments that I really appreciated too.

Comment

And there were a number of really nice (read: hilarious) Quark moments that I really appreciated too.
                            The only good Quark moment is a dead Quark
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The only good Quark moment is a dead Quark
                              Aw come on jel, I just know you must've enjoyed Quark in agony when O'Brien was testing the sonic noisemaker thingy that would drive the Voles out

Comment

Haters.

Heading home to watch VOY: The Void. Another one of my fave VOY episodes.
                                But, of course, it doesn't exist, right, Digi?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X