Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night:

TNG 7.02 'Liasons' -- Wow, been so long since I watched this one that it took me till more than halfway through the episode to remember which one it was! Still, made it feel like I was watching a brand new episode One thing that bugged me about it though, was that Picard seemed a-okay with what the alien ambassadors had done, while he was righteously incensed at what the aliens in 'Allegiance' had done back in season 3--what each of these aliens species had done was really not that far removed from one another.

TNG 7.03 'Interface' -- It was late, I nearly fell asleep watching this
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

TNG 'Preemptive Strike'.
      Wow.
      A very DS9 episode.
      From the great fight in the beginning, to Picard's obvious admiration for Ro and vice versa, to Michelle Forbes giving us a stellar performance, this episode wrapped up the political side of TNG, I think, while 'All Good Things' would wrap up the series and the whole anomaly... I mean 'scientific exploration' thing.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9: Rejoined
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

TNG 7.03-04 'Gambit' -- Well, that's certainly a different pair of episodes. Some laughs, some interesting stuff....love seeing Robin Curtis again, though her appearance would have been 10x more interesting if they'd been able to work Saavik into the story. That would've been a really cool callback to ST2-4.

The ending was a little bit ridiculous, to be honest. The idea that this weapon--overcome only by the breakthrough of Vulcan pure logic becoming the guiding philosophy of their culture--could be overcome in this case by a bunch of fallible humans (and a Klingon!!) simply emptying their minds of violent thoughts? Hm......

DS9 2.04 'Invasive Procedures' -- Several interesting guests here....one of the Klingons is Tim Russ (yet again), the femaile member of the boarding party is Catherine from Millennium, and Nana Visitor's stunt double for this episode was Patricia Tallman!

I like this episode because it does something really cool for explaining the background of the Trill society, and Verad as a guest was pretty cool. Putting Bashir in the position that they did was really neat too, something that they really never do on TNG. It was also loads of fun watching Sisko beat the snot out of a Klingon with his bare hands

What really bugs me about this episode though, is that Quark really commits an unforgivable crime....and he gets off with pretty much no punishment at all. That bugged me a lot.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 September 2009, 12:04 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9: Starship Down
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

DS9 2.05 'Cardassians' -- A wonderful, well-rounded, and ultimately very human episode.
              • The Bashir/Garak banter is brilliantly clever and hilarious
              • The child between two fathers story was very touching
              • O'Brien is forced to re-examine his own prejudices
              • The children in the orphanage moment was a brilliant little moment of knowing that this was not a problem that could be resolved (something that, even though only a few moments long, was something TNG would never do)
              • Some exploration of just how important family is to Cardassians
              • A clever little bit of politicking by Gul Dukat

Good stuff.

Comment

TOS: Space Seed, mainly notable for being the precursor to TWOK.
                TOS: This Side of Paradise, loved seeing Spock being affected by the spores and showing his emotions.
                sigpic

Comment

TNG 7.06 'Phantasms' -- Fun, they followed up on Data learning to dream. The bugs were a little creepy, but the whole experience was made thoroughly entertaining by Data's dream sequences.

DS9 2.06 'Melora' -- Ugh. It's not even because the previous DS9 was so stellar that this one was so terrible. I'm sure they were trying to do an episode about the normalcy of disabled persons. Instead, she comes across as a total pain (note: "pain" is not my word of choice here, but I don't want to get banned ) for the entirety of the episode.

Comment

DS9: Little Green Men

Comment

DS9 6x12 "Who Mourns for Morn?"

The entire episode it one big running joke for the fans and is excellent because of it. Poor Morn couldn't even get a word in at the end to explain himself to Quark. Seeing as he lead such an interesting life its a shame there weren't more Morn based episodes. The could have had him write his memoirs. Imagine the stories he could of told, the Lissepian Mother's Day Heist, the time he saved the alpha quadrant from the dominion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Star Trek 2009

Comment

VOY: Flesh And Blood

YARR

Comment

TNG: Eye of the Beholder.

Is it me or is anyone else really icked out by seeing Worf and Deanna together? Even Chakotay and 7/9 didn't feel as forced and just plain wrong as Worf and Deanna. Despite that, you must enjoy the joy of the final season love match that lasts 7 episodes. I should have known it was a dream when Deanna got up the next morning and didn't have something broken.
                            Data was suicidal and found the strength to go on? That's encouragement enough for me!
                            Plasma-infused subspace bulkhead empathic resonance traces? *pain*
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

TNG 7.07 'Dark Page' -- An incredibly human, powerful episode for me to start on today. Rather than Majel Barrett's usually bubbly Lwaxana, we finally get to see a more private and personal side of her. Great stuff.

DS9 2.07 'Rules of Acquisition' -- The female Ferengi stories tries very hard, makes a valiant effort to deal with issues of gender equity....and try as it might it really just ends up being annoying. To me, this episode will always be chiefly recognizable as the episode in which the Dominion is named for the first time; and at this point it's only hinted at that it's some monolithic power in the Gamma Quadrant.

TNG 7.08 'Attached' -- Bickering, whiny representatives from both sides of the conflict....oh was I ever thrilled when Riker finally put them in their place! The main story, the Picard/Crusher story, was alright too. Added a lot to their backgrounds.

DS9 2.08 'Necessary Evil' -- A really good episode, showing us a lot of life on DS9/Terok Nor during the Occupation and Odo's first investigation as station head of security as well as more early insinuation that Odo's people tend toward the enforcing of justice and order. This was also pretty brilliant for dealing with the moral grey of executing collaborators during an Occupation.

Comment

I've been rewatching voyager. I hated season 1, so I started from season 2 foward. I'm on the 2nd disc of season 4....

got to love Seven's catsuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X