Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Generations
    DS9: The Visitor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

TNG 6.20 'The Chase' -- This is fun stuff, there's something very wonderfully 'Star Trek' in the uplifting message that's found in the end of it all. My only gripe is that the whole thing felt too rushed. I'm not sure it would warrant a two-part episode, but maybe the pacing of this could've been worked out better.

DS9 1.14 'The Storyteller' -- So....the villagers are fighting off an evil cloud made of bad vibes, by yelling at it. Hm. Certainly not one of the stronger entries in the season.

TNG 6.21 'Frame of Mind' -- I liked this, a lot. It was so baffling for so long, it just really had a different texture than most TNG episodes that I really enjoyed.

DS9 1.15 'Progress' -- IMO this is one of the best episodes of early DS9. The whole story is so touching and so poignant, because it's small and intimate and not dealing with colossal circumstances. Just great stuff.

TNG 6.22 'Suspicions' -- Dr. Crusher's mystery episode, and the introduction of the metaphasic shielding that would show up again in 'Descent' a few episodes later. Not sure I liked it, but I'm not sure I disliked it either. Seems that by the end of the episode everyone conveniently forgot that the good doctor had still committed a serious ethical breach.

DS9 1.16 'If Wishes Were Horses' -- Oh, WHYYYYYY?! Thank god I had video games to play with this playing in the background. What an awful, awful episode. Worst of the worst of DS9 as far as my opinion goes.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9 the way of the warrior part 1 and 2

virgin 1 rocks at the weekends

Comment

TNG: "The Outrageous Okona" (2x04)

Strange seeing Teri Hatcher before she was famous (hasn't really changed that much).
            Dialogue was terrible and the Comedy sub-plot with Data and Guinan was horrendous. Other than that though it was fairly solid.
            sigpic

Comment

TNG 6.23 'Rightful Heir' -- For such an interestinc concept and such a significant contribution to the whole Klingon story, the storytelling in this episode really fell flat for me. Kind of a shame.

DS9 1.17 'The Forsaken' -- For such an absurd story, this actually worked out quite well. The computer virus as pet thing was patently ridiculous, but it was more than gracefully saved by Colm Meany's performance. Likewise the whole, odd couple stuck in an elevator together thing has been done to death, but it was saved by the charm of Majel Barrett and Rene Auberjonois. I think the thing I liked most about this though is how great of an insight it was into Odo.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9: Hippocratic Oath
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

TNG 6.24 'Second Chances' -- Funny I should watch this on the same day as I notice the duplicates thread on this board Overall an interesting episode, some good concepts of identity.

DS9 1.18 'Dramatis Personae' -- I know a lot of people seem to hate this episode, but I don't. It's not stellar or anything, but it's not bad.

DS9 1.19 'Duet' -- Best episode in season 1 IMO. Touching and powerful on a great many levels.

TNG 6.25 'Timescape' -- A good, cool, very sci-fi episode

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                  Such boring posts Give us your thoughts!

Comment

DS9: Indiscretion

Comment

Last night:
                      DS9 1.20 'In the Hands of the Prophets' -- This episode started out just AWFUL: The Battle of the Shrews, Keiko and Winn. At least Winn is interesting because I know she's going somewhere. Fortunately, the episode ended up being very interesting later on (the less Keiko was in it). Rather reminiscent of the Scopes Trial.

Today:
                      TNG 6.26 'Descent, Part 1' -- While not the strongest season finale the show has to offer, it does have a lot of interesting stuff to offer. Strange rogue Borg, Data feeling his first (non-Q) emotion, and a reveal of the Borg commanded by Lore. Made a great ending.

TNG 7.01 'Descent, Part 2' -- Didn't quite live up to the first part IMO. The experimentation plot was chilling in concept, but not terribly well executed. The Enterprise b-plot was interesting with Crusher in command, but was really ruined by the godawful GIRL POWER crap going on on the bridge. As for the Riker/Worf rescue plan....wtf! Their brilliant plan is to wait till there's dozens of Borg in a room, stand at the highest and not particularly well covered spot in the room, and start shooting?

The salvation of the Borg, to be led possibly by Hugh was fascinating and very appropriately left a lot to the imagination as to where they may end up....but the arbitrary termination of Lore--a sentient being identical to Data (who Picard legally established is a person!!) is a little out to lunch too.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Such boring posts Give us your thoughts!
                      DS9: Indiscretion
                      ....nope, still boring!

Comment

I watched Unexpected, the Enterprise ep where Trip gets pregnant lol

Comment

DS9 2.01 'The Homecoming' -- This made a great season intro.... After the events of the season 1 finale, we learn that events on Bajor have only become more inflamed and divisive, and there finally seems to be a way to bring it all together. Li Nalas as a reluctant hero is an interesting take for sure, the 'killing an unarmed Cardassian in his underwear' story was so much more of a laugh than it should have been

DS9 2.02 'The Circle' -- This introduces well, the majority of the cast arguing and carrying on in Kira's quarters is pretty funny, and then we're returned to the sobering reality of conditions on Bajor. Kira's sidestory in the monastery is a little strange and misplaced, but the Odo/Deputy Quark story is entertaining enough to make up for it. A little odd though, that Li Nalas would be so important in part 1, and then just lost in the plot this time around (and for the remainder of the story).

DS9 2.03 'The Siege' -- And now we get to the first really action heavy episode of DS9

Comment

VOY: Prototype.
                            Some may not like the design of the androids, but I love this episode! Faceless killers identical to their enemies except for skin colour... Social commentary?
                            Poor Torres. She had to kill her 'child' and further betray someone she only wanted to help. A very good character episode for her. And she got saved by Tom.
                            And the action! The best space battle we've seen in VOY since 'Caretaker'.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              DS9 2.03 'The Siege' -- And now we get to the first really action heavy episode of DS9
                              And spiders. Don't forget the spiders.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                And spiders. Don't forget the spiders.
                                I was trying to forget. Just like I'm trying to forget I had to put up with a few minutes of Keiko as well

Comment

Working...
                                X