Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 1 was ok, to be honest. Part 2 was brilliant. Another great script for Stewart to bring to life.

Tonight... TNG - 'When the Bough Breaks'. I remember watching the first half years ago, time to finish it.
    Wesley. Damn...
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Tonight... TNG - 'When the Bough Breaks'. I remember watching the first half years ago, time to finish it.
      Wesley. Damn...
      Oh dear. That episode was so, so terrible. Did those stupid Aldeans really think they could repopulate their entire world with just six kidnapped children? And are they so lazy that they couldn't figure out this problem themselves? Meanwhile, Beverly figures it out in 3 days. Ugh.

On to better things, I just watched DS9's "Through the Looking Glass" and "Improbably Cause" back to back.

Through the Looking Glass is no Crossover, but it is a lot of fun. It was neat to have Sisko able to talk to his 'wife' again. But sometimes, these comic booky episodes can be a little too over the top. When Garak yelled "PURSUE!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh. Ah well, it was neat to see Mirror Tuvok there.

Improbable Cause is just utterly terrific, giving us more information on Garak than we could've ever asked for. It was apparently supposed to be just one episode before it was split into two and considering what we got out of it, I'm very glad it happened that way.

Unfortunately, The Die is Cast will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Tonight I watched TNG episode "The Pegasus".
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

SD 4598.0: A Piece of the Action

Classic, just classic. Fun sets other than the Enterprise, tommyguns, a society gone awry from inadvertent meddling by a human starship prior to the implementation of the Prime Directive....

This episode was especially hilarious when Kirk and Spock started getting into character to blend in with the 30s gangster style locals. Just hilarious

I loved the resolution of this episode as well, the fact that it's barely resolved at all!
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 July 2009, 07:14 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SD 4657.5: By Any Other Name

Extragalactic aliens who are there planning an invasion from Andromeda, and hijacking the Enterprise to return home and complete their mission.

And when they're trying to escape, of course everyone plays to their strengths. Spock uses calm conversation and winning at chess to aggravate one of the Kelvins, Bones injects another with a chemical of some sort, Scotty gets drunk with one of them (Kirk: "I haven't seen Scotty in hours!"), and Kirk starts making out with the blonde

This also has the first occurrence of Scotty describing a drink as...."green"

Some interesting other curiosities in this episode....we get to see the Enterprise's "rec room", which apparently also doubles as the ship's mess hall; the Enterprise has circular playing cards aboard--these are sold at Cape Canaveral in Florida (I have a deck); and the Enterprise passes through the galactic barrier without any trouble--despite it having caused considerable trouble in 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' and it having destroyed the Kelvins' ship when they arrived in our galaxy (hmm )

There's also another enormous plot oversight at the end of this episode: the massively upgraded Enterprise. The Kelvins upgraded it so that it could cross the traverse from our galaxy to Andromeda in just 300 years. At the end of the episode they turned control of the ship back over to Kirk. So....what happened to those upgrades?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They got downgraded.

Just finished 'When the Bough Breaks'... Eh. Average TNG s1-2 episode.
              My major issue [apart from taking 7 kids to 'repopulate' a world] was that the Aldeans accepted Federation help to relearn their technology. With a faulty shield that the Ent D could transport through and cloaking that the Federation can't use thanks to the Romulan treaty, we're left with the repulsor beam able to throw a ship safely alotta light years in 10 seconds. Why on Risa didn't that technology ever show up again? Stupid writers.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9: The Wire
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Today I watched the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". I love that episode so much, seeing two time-periods interact like that.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

"I'm destined to become my own great-great grandfather!"
                    Was Bashir just a little TOO eager about that?
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      "I'm destined to become my own great-great grandfather!"
                      Was Bashir just a little TOO eager about that?
                      Maybe just a tad.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

SD 4729.4: The Ultimate Computer

Ah man vs. machine and Kirk being a stubborn Luddite. This was an alright episode, nothing terribly remarkable though. I fell asleep before the end.
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 July 2009, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Heading home to watch TNG - 'Realm of Fear'. Ah. Barclay!
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Finally got around to watching DS9's "The Die is Cast" again.

Phew... this episode is... something special, I think. It's easily one of the best of the series and the torture of Odo remains one of my absolute favorites of the entire franchise. Stellar work from Rene Auberjonois and Andrew Robinson.

I'll probably watch Explorers and Shakaar later tonight if I can. Hoping to finish up this season by tomorrow night.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rewatched DS9's "Explorers" last night before I went to bed. It was... pleasant. That word pretty much sums up the entire episode: Pleasant.

It was nice to see the old man and Jake spend some time together and it also introduced some important things to the series: First, 'the Sisko'. Second, the first mention of Kasidy Yates.
                              sigpic

Comment

DS9: The Collaborator & Crossover
                                Last edited by stargatefan234; 30 July 2009, 01:06 PM.
                                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Working...
                                X