Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you guys would comment on the episode, instead of just saying "I watched this. Bye."

DS9 - The Abandoned

Enjoyable, but I remember liking it a lot more. I think too much time was spent wondering 'what' the baby is, and they didn't even ponder the thought of "well, ship from the Gamma Quadrant, an alien that seems to be bred with certain things in mind, that could mean..."
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      I wish you guys would comment on the episode, instead of just saying "I watched this. Bye."
      Fiiiiine

Mirror, Mirror is pretty iconic of classic science fiction. I much prefer the idea of an evil mirror universe in the way it was presented here, to the idea of a multiverse with infinite parallels. Maybe not realistic, but certainly more entertaining from a dramatic perspective.

The bloodthirsty and ruthless nature of the Mirror Enterprise is just a delight to watch. Scarred Sulu, Chekov in the agony booth as punishment for attempting to assassinate Kirk, goateed Spock, and midriff-baring uniforms for female officers all around!

And....I watched this. Bye.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post

DS9 - The Abandoned

Enjoyable, but I remember liking it a lot more. I think too much time was spent wondering 'what' the baby is, and they didn't even ponder the thought of "well, ship from the Gamma Quadrant, an alien that seems to be bred with certain things in mind, that could mean..."
        I comment on the eps in the DS9 thread
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Fiiiiine
          Thank You.

And....I watched this. Bye.
          Ugh!

Last night I watched DS9's Civil Defense and most of Meridian (garbage, enough said).

Civil is a fun little 'bottle show'. The fact that the Cardassians never warned the Federation of this program is a bit unsettling. Dukat and Garak stole the show.
          sigpic

Comment

This evening I watched TNG episode "Tapestry". I always enjoy watching this Picard episode. Q being in it doesn't hurt either.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Watched TNG 'Relics'. Yesterday was the anniversary of Doohan's death, so a Scotty episode was in order.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Not exactly about what I watched today...more kind of an announcement.
                Since I was rating the Trek captains in the 'DS9 superior' thread,placing Archer at the bottom,because I never was able to get into Enterprise itself ....

It wasn't really fair. So..I went out and got myself the Enterprise-seasons on DVD. I only watched really few episodes when it aired..so I'll give it a try. Maybe I will be surprised. I intend to 'sit through' this no matter what.
                So should I really not like the show (like I did from the few things I saw back then) ... I am going to come here for support to finish it. Well...who knows. Some shows get better in the later seasons
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Enjoy!

Last night... TNG 'Phantasms'. Spot is the man! ...who becomes a mother in a few episodes...
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                    It wasn't really fair. So..I went out and got myself the Enterprise-seasons on DVD. I only watched really few episodes when it aired..so I'll give it a try. Maybe I will be surprised. I intend to 'sit through' this no matter what.
                    You went out and bought four (expensive) seasons of a show you already didn't like, hoping to make yourself like it by forcing yourself through it? Bold, very bold.

So should I really not like the show (like I did from the few things I saw back then) ... I am going to come here for support to finish it. Well...who knows. Some shows get better in the later seasons
                    If that's what you're expecting, you'll probably be pleased. Enterprise got markedly better in its fourth and final season--but then again, it's hard not to improve on crap.

Season 4 is easily the best season of Enterprise (with at least one notable exception), though I would still class it as mediocre. I sort of place it into that category of "okay, this is their mediocre first season, next year will be better." Except, it wasn't their first season and they didn't get another after that. Manny Coto could've saved Enterprise, but he just didn't get the chance. C'est la vie.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watched an episode of the animated series called The Counter-clock Incident. With an old man having a middle-aged mother in this alternate universe with a white void and black stars, it reminded me a bit of Benjamin Button, good episode. It's amazing how much plot they fitted into 23 minutes in the animated Trek series. It was hardly a children's series, and it had some good "Trek-like" ideas in it. Overall a really fun series for a dull, rainy afternoon or a Saturday morning.
                      "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                      "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        You went out and bought four (expensive) seasons of a show you already didn't like, hoping to make yourself like it by forcing yourself through it? Bold, very bold.
                        To boldy go where no....
                        Actually no. A friend of mine lend it to me. He is trying to convince me that it is a good show for quite some time now, so he happily agreed to that experiment.
                        Personally I think he just has that much stuff at home, for the sake of having it stand in the shelf. That seems to be what he likes not the shows itself

Anyway...so I am not going through such a great financial risk here.

But there are risks indeed.
                        Got myself through the pilot and the first three episodes. So far all I got out of it : Humans are the best,Vulcans are arrogant and showing off skin is thought to increase the audience.

And since I didn't watch 'Unexpected' the first time around :
                        Which woman of a certain age didn't have the thought, how it would be if men could become pregnant? Just another plot of the 'blue-eyedness' with which the crew stumbles through space. That is actually quite enjoyable.

The idea with showing the alien holodeck was supposed to encourage a fanboy scream though? : "Ah look THAT is where the holodeck came from. It is so cool that they show it"..no..not really
                        sigpic
                        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                        Spoiler:
                        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

The idea with showing the alien holodeck was supposed to encourage a fanboy scream though? : "Ah look THAT is where the holodeck came from. It is so cool that they show it"..no..not really
                          Yep. So much for going in a new direction, eh? That's about when I stopped watching it myself. Felt like Voyager all over again. Seasons 3-4 are apparently pretty good according to people who like the show. S1-S2 seem pretty rough though, like they were trying to rely on the same old crap.

Back on topic, I'll finally rewatch Past Tense tonight. Grrrreat episode. I need to finish this S3 rewatch already, it's weird that I'm finding no time to myself these days (it's summer after all).
                          sigpic

Comment

I watched part of TNG's "All Good Things" with my son today before I started watching the President on the news.
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

After almost filling in my missing TNG episodes, I'm moving on to my missing VOY episodes with 'Extreme Risk'. Delta Flyer, yay.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

To boldy go where no....
                                Actually no. A friend of mine lend it to me. He is trying to convince me that it is a good show for quite some time now, so he happily agreed to that experiment. Anyway...so I am not going through such a great financial risk here.
                                Ah....well then! I thought maybe you just had money to burn

Personally I think he just has that much stuff at home, for the sake of having it stand in the shelf. That seems to be what he likes not the shows itself
                                lol

I'm willing to bet I have him beat. But I actually like all my stuff

semi-on-topic edit;
                                No TV today....a friend and I have just beat co-op Gears of War twice, so we're taking a break to plow through Army of Two. That's what I did tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X