Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q2 had in questions of loyalty, rebellion, the Borg.
    Apart from a few laughs at the cod pieces and Worf not being a merry man, the episode did little for me. That and Vash really does little for me, period. Horning in on Picard's Beverly time.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I like Qpid, but I remember the first time watching it being disappointed because I was expecting a really outstanding episode. I do think it's one of the weaker Q episodes, although I'm not sure about the weakest.
      "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
      "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

After all that Q-Talk I had to watch :

DS9 - Q-Less

Still my favourite conversation :

Q: You hit me! Picard never hit me!
        Sisko: I'm not Picard!
        Q: You're right. You're much easier to provoke. How fortunate for me!

sigpic
        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
        Spoiler:
        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

I still think the Q episode on DS9 was the worst Q episode. Q was way out of character for that episode.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I still think the Q episode on DS9 was the worst Q episode. Q was way out of character for that episode.
            Q was out of character after he became a source of comedy instead of insight.

While I definitely don't think it's the worst, it certainly wasn't very good. The entire episode was about the DS9 crew going "boy, we really don't like Q" and Q just messes around with them for awhile. It's pretty uninspired (much like Qpid and Q2).
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I can not really sign that. Q had his comic moments but he had those in all episodes. For me he was far more the 'old' Q than in some other episodes. His comment "I have never seen a space station being crushed by a wormhole" was definitely not comedy. I got the impression he would have sat through the whole thing and enjoyed the show.

He was playing around with people like he always does. I liked the interest he had in Sisko and I liked the fact that Sisko behaved way differently than Picard would have.

The only time I see Q being 'out-of-character' here, was his obsession with Vash. Never was quite clear if he really would have feelings for her (which WOULD be ooc for Q) or if he was just insulted being rejected as the superior being he is.

Q was always in sort of a competition with Picard, Trying to prove he is better than the captain in all ways imaginable. Getting close to Vash (somehow stealing her from Picard) was just another bit. So in a way, her leaving him, might have felt like losing to Picard yet again.
              sigpic
              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
              Spoiler:
              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                I can not really sign that. Q had his comic moments but he had those in all episodes. For me he was far more the 'old' Q than in some other episodes. His comment "I have never seen a space station being crushed by a wormhole" was definitely not comedy. I got the impression he would have sat through the whole thing and enjoyed the show.
                I love Q when he provides actual insight into who we are as a species and where we are going.

I'm not saying it's OOC for him to be a stupid goof sometimes (guess I would be too, if I had his powers ), but when he's used just for that... it's a real shame, because then the episode feels like pointless fluff and a quick grab for better ratings (hey guys, Q's back and look how funny he still is! ).

Also not saying this can't lead to funny moments within those episodes, but at the end of the day, they don't amount to much. I miss the kind of Q that would send the Enterprise into Borg space, get 20 of the crew dead and just tell Picard "It's not safe out here." and leave.

Give me TNG Q over DS9/VOY Q any day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  I totally agree with that.

BTW, today I watched TNG episode "Realm of Fear".
                  Last edited by the fifth man; 18 July 2009, 06:32 PM.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                    IAlso not saying this can't lead to funny moments within those episodes, but at the end of the day, they don't amount to much. I miss the kind of Q that would send the Enterprise into Borg space, get 20 of the crew dead and just tell Picard "It's not safe out here." and leave.
                    Agree entirely. Q should have as been his 'Encounter at Farpoint' pt 1/'Q Who' self across all the series. He was far too comic in many of his outings.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

All this DS9 talk got me to pick up my rewatch of it.

Last night I watched DS9's "Second Skin".

A standout episode for both Kira and Garak. Still love it.
                      My favorite moment:
                      "Commander, this is extortion!"
                      "Hmm... Yes it is."
                      sigpic

Comment

Rivals and The Alternate
                        sigpic

Comment

I watched the Voyager episode Tuvix.
                          "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                          "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

DS9 - Armageddon game and Whispers
                            sigpic

Comment

Today I watched TNG episode "Schisms".
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Currently watching:

(no stardate) -- Mirror, Mirror
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X