Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"CARROTS!"
    [aka ENT: Singularity]
    Spoiler:

Another B List episode that has a few minor continuity points [Travis' neurological experience during 'Dead Stop', Archer's father and the Warp 5 project].

I think I usually frown on this episode because the name 'Singularity' reminds me of 'Vanishing Point' [which is also the next episode], which is a horrible episode I shall never rewatch.

Apart from how a hot shower and coffee manage to get Archer sane enough to pilot the ship for a few minutes and not go back to either passing out or writing his thesis on his dad, it was a hilariously entertaining episode. Everyone's neuroses [except Travis, who, like in the aforementioned 'Dead Stop', seems to be best utilized when unconscious and in peril] were well fleshed out. Reed and his 'Reed Alert', Trip and the chair, Archer and his preface, Hoshi and her CARROTS!, Phlox and his invasive procedures, T'Pol and her Vulcan nerve pinch... Well, not the last one, but it was a pleasure to see. Nice joke about taking pictures of a black hole, writers.

One of the most beautiful scenes for me was when T'Pol grabs Phlox's hand and he ever so slightly tilts the scalpel towards her, telling her to let him go. Subtle, but effective. Also subtle but effective was Reed pushing Archer out of the way during the 'Reed Alert' simulation to see what Trip said was urgent. If Archer won't be in command, Reed will! The Archer/Trip/Reed tussle was nice, too. And Trip looking so proud of himself in the turbolift at the end, how cute.

And how can I forget
    Spoiler:
    Pretty. And those fragments audibly bouncing off the NX's hull... Sweet!

'Singularity' was quality filler. Something sadly lacking in ENT s1-2.
    Last edited by nx01a; 16 November 2010, 06:45 PM.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

CARROTS!

Best line in that episode
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        CARROTS!
        Best line in that episode
        True, beating out even, "'Reed Alert'? Hmm." and "It's a good thing you're a decent engineer, because you don't know the first thing about writing." "I'm not the only one..."
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 - Sons and Daughters.
          sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
          - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            25th C weapons and medical tech? What episode's that from?
            Oops, didn't notice this till just now

Anyway, the answer is Endgame. Admiral Janeway travelled back in time from the year 2404, the early 25th century. She brought with her the fancy armour and the transphasic torpedoes. She was also infected with something which was contagious to and destructive to the Borg, and the Doctor examined her in detail at Captain Janeway's behest. Okay, I'll grant that it's more weaponized med tech, but it's more toys from the future just the same.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - "Battle Lines"

Star Trek: Enterprise - "Breaking The Ice"

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

DS9 - Behind the Lines.
                sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

No one watched Star Trek yesterday?? lol, well, I didn't either, but I had a Star Trek dream! No kidding! I don't remember much, but I was a Bajoran... I think... well, I hated the Cardassians, that's for sure , so suddenly the Cardassians discovered that there's a second Bajor planet, Bajor 2 (lol). They discovered only now cause the planet was hidden behind a .. waterfall... yeh, as I said, it was a dream.

sigpic

Comment

Go watch some Stargate or Babylon 5 or Farscape. Get the Trek off the brain, dude!
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I try! I was watching Desperate Housewives yesterday But I still didn't have any dream of Mike Delfino...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                        No one watched Star Trek yesterday?? lol, well, I didn't either, but I had a Star Trek dream! No kidding! I don't remember much, but I was a Bajoran... I think... well, I hated the Cardassians, that's for sure , so suddenly the Cardassians discovered that there's a second Bajor planet, Bajor 2 (lol). They discovered only now cause the planet was hidden behind a .. waterfall... yeh, as I said, it was a dream.
                        Wow, DS9 really got to you ha? Well, I know the feeling, I once dreamt a whole episode of Babylon 5....

As to watching Trek:

DS9 - Favor the Bold;
                        DS9- Sacrifice of Angels.

Good two episodes, but I found the "Deus Ex Machina" ending of Sacrifice of Angels a bit disappointing.
                        Last edited by Raw_Deal; 18 November 2010, 11:40 PM.
                        sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

I had some SG-1 dreams back then... but yeh, you only have to look at my avi and siggie to know that some of them were pretty non-PG.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                            Good two episodes, but I found the "Deus Ex Machina" ending of Sacrifice of Angels a bit disappointing.
                            I found it most logical, actually. I wondered what took Sisko so long to ask the Prophets for assistance.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              I found it most logical, actually. I wondered what took Sisko so long to ask the Prophets for assistance.
                              If he intended to do that from the get go, I'd aggree with you, but as it turned out, as a last minute (not to mention last resort) solution, it was too convinient.
                              sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                                Whoa, I've never had dreams about Trek or any other sci-fi in this manner. I've had dreams about watching sci-fi but not actually being involved in it. I end up dreaming about a lot of real-life stuff.

By the way Mac, your current profile picture is very similar to the way I looked about 3-4 years ago, especially the haircut.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X